Runescape on the big screen :)

Sly_Wizard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't watch it beacuse it's like...to much. I mean, they have already created a BIG game, and then a movie too? No,thanks, i shouldn't watch it.

its like Halo, they made a game and now in 07' they're going to make a movie :P

I wouldn't do it. I'd be too ashamed to let people know I like, much less play, Runescape.

that pretty much sums up how i feel. :oops:

Me too, nearly all my RL friends think that I'm a nerd because I play :roll:

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Well I thing it would have some potential for comedyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Imagine this:

Our main guy is training really hard to defeat a powerful enemy in the dark caves of Frankenstein. Killing horrible experimental monsters, when suddenly a highly poisonous chicken (yes, Hollywood would have to tweak thing a little) bites our hero and sends him into a deep elemental coma (I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what an elemental coma is, so donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t ask)

This sends his beloved lady and a bunch of dorky friends (they would be the ones called ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅnoobÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

id probably go just to support jagex, but it would be like going with your mom :s id prob wear a hoodie and sun glasses and go early morning

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

If it was a vid. about how to make money and train skills etc No

But if it was a vid with awesome pkings, the best banks etc, i'd go watch

And i wouldnt care if people think i play it, i'm 12 years old, i dont give a f :oops:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

If they were making it a movie to hit the cinema it wudnt b these graphics, they'd have actors and such. The style would b something like lord of the rings i wud imagine. the story would most likely b something to do with, the evil armies of zammy invade the lands of runescape, and our might band of heros must save the day sorta thing. Im pretty sure that jagex would hold the rights to all our characters and there names, so i wouldnt b surprised if some of the more famous people would b in it, or even just metioned, well the ones wit better movie names any way. At some point they mite be battleing the KBD or wotever. Think it could b done well, but doubt i would go and c it, unless it became real big, like harry potter or the lord of the rings did.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

u go nature rcing and u have 1/4th of the movie then do a hard long quest you have 1/3 of the movie maybe fletch a little and you got urself 1/2 of a movie then top it off with a lvl 3 treasure trail and you go the whole thing nuef said thats why i woulden't go see it

They should follow a newbie from its first days until he gets to level 99 or something. :P

The trailer would look something like this:

Birds eye view of Lumbridge closing in on a new player(Voiceover: Not so long ago, in a famous MMOPG no one wants to admit they're playing.... Dudette1083609 comes to life).

Follow her adventures as she meets new and interesting people (Cut to a bunch of autoers cutting willows in Draynor village)

makes a fortune (scammer: hey, Dudette1083609, i'll trim your armour with gold. Dudette: Okies!)

and finds love (cut to Dudette1083609 kissing the frog)

This summer...

Drama! (Guy1: Haha, noob! Guy2: Lol, noobie, get outa here Dudette runs off)

Suspense! (Evil Chicken: Mwahahaha! Flee from me, Dudette1083609! Dudette1083609 uses all her food, prayer points to fight the chicken, while her hp drop fast)

Horror! (Sandwich Lady: Hey! I didn't say you could have that! * kicks Dudette on the head with a baguette)

This and more, only in -

The Movie Based on Runescape - insert fancy name here- coming soon at a theatre near you!

And don't forget, everything you wanted may be just a click away!

Closing shot of Dudette1083609 picking up a party hat

Thinking this stuff up turned out to be much more exhausting then I thought :P

What, don't tell me you wouldn't watch it :lol:

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

they should make a movie of a high level killing the same monsters over and over again until he gets like 100k xp or something and in the bonus version with more footage it should show more of the high level killing the same monsters over and over, i think this would be very good movie yes

Half the people on this thread are thinking about the RS movie the wrong way...

If any MMORPG were to make a movie, it would probably be a LOTR-type thing. They would take out any and all references to internet culture or anything, otherwise it would just get laughed out of hollywood. :D

And they'd probably just make up a plot that has nothing to do with a game, like some evil wizard is threatening Runescape, and the armies of Zamorak are attacking Asgarnia and Misthalin. Then you could have massive battle sequences.

If it did have massive battle sequences... I might have to go. Just to see what it would be like. I'm a sucker for action sequences. :P

If it was made, I would say it should be a CGI movie... then they could take the CGI they made for the film and put them into the game for better graphics... using the movie as a springboard for RS3 or something (a downloadable and/or CD based game).

The story would probably follow one 'hero' character in a grand adventure. The adventure could be recreated in the game as a new quest, although it would obviously have to vary from the movie or else everyone would know exactly how to do it after having seen it.

untitled6kv7.gif