Outrageous things you thought as a kid

ryoushinn

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through a very philosophical period when I was five or six. I tried figuring out the meaning of life and my conclusions scared the life out of me. I realised that after we died, anything we'ed done would not affect us and that life really had no long term meaning. I wondered why people bother living at all and why people don't just end it.

I was also terrified hoovers, the washing machine, cows, farmers and people with beards.

see thats way too deep for 5 or 6.

I was much smarter. Where do ear-aches come from? why from earwigs crawling in there and pinching with those nasty pinchers they have 8-)

Oh and I always had to have a sheet covering the back of my neck so the vampires under my bed couldn't get me :ohnoes:

I always thought death was something people made up when I discovered Santa wasn't real, just to scare children. My grandparents are all 4 still alive and they're all older than 80, so perhaps it's true O:)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I went through a very philosophical period when I was five or six. I tried figuring out the meaning of life and my conclusions scared the life out of me. I realised that after we died, anything we'ed done would not affect us and that life really had no long term meaning. I wondered why people bother living at all and why people don't just end it.

I was also terrified hoovers, the washing machine, cows, farmers and people with beards.

see thats way too deep for 5 or 6.

I know. I was really weird from about being 5 till I was 8. If I remember correctly my IQ at 7 was above 150 (age based result), it's dropped a bit since. According to my mum I was deep, serious and intelligent as a young person.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Well let's see...

When i was trying to figure out how traffic lights worked i came out with this:

Whe looking at them changing the colors i would never of thought it would be eletrical wires and stuff in there. I thought that little men that are very very small held up the colors green red and yellow to change the colors on them. I even asked my dad if that was true and of course he said no and that is rediculus.I ignored that and still thinking about it. At night time i saw the red light always flashing and never changing a different color. So than i thought sinc eit was late and the little men were tired, they were drinking coffee or what ever i thought back than and there were flashing the red colored sign back and froth to tried to go to a different color. So than since i'm older now ( 14 ) i now know how they work \'

newbankofrsyq0.gif

nukerunescape5pf.png

My recent achievement ^_^

. I thought babies came out of your belly button

. I thought Godzilla was real

. I thought there was an area 51

. I thought you could go to jail for seeing an inappropriate movie

. I thought girls had cooties

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

I used to think babies lived in stomachs (didn't know the name at the time but I knew food went somewhere in that area)(makes since? Fat people and preget people look alike), and that they came from belly buttions also.

PBJs could replace VHSs in VCRs, dont make me feel old and ask what these are!

My dad used to tell me if you slept in bed with your socks on you'd go blind.. God knows how he made that one up! Well, me and my brother decided to test it out and sleep with only one sock on, figuring if we went only half blind it'd be alright :| I also remember having a mole on my hand, and when asking my dad where it came from, he said so that he knew which baby was me in the baby factory... lol.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I was scared that if you sneezed and farted at the same time, you'd explode/have a stroke under pressure. I still believed this until only recently, when I actually did it. And I haven't been able to stop since! :P

Haha I do that all the time... My sneezes are so powerful that it seems like everything else wants to come out along with it. :mrgreen:

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Well let's see...

When i was trying to figure out how traffic lights worked i came out with this:

Whe looking at them changing the colors i would never of thought it would be eletrical wires and stuff in there. I thought that little men that are very very small held up the colors green red and yellow to change the colors on them. I even asked my dad if that was true and of course he said no and that is rediculus.I ignored that and still thinking about it. At night time i saw the red light always flashing and never changing a different color. So than i thought sinc eit was late and the little men were tired, they were drinking coffee or what ever i thought back than and there were flashing the red colored sign back and froth to tried to go to a different color. So than since i'm older now ( 14 ) i now know how they work \'

I thought the same thing, except they were really fat people that sit in there all day sippin' down coffee and munchin' donuts.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

I thought when you buy something from the store you always got more money back than you gave.

Like if the item was $5 and you gave a $20 bill and got 1 ten and a five back, I thought it was more money than you gave :lol: .

goldenblade995.png

a 5-6 year old emo, whats the world coming too :wink:

Although it is correct in the point that it has no meaning. The only meaning is just to enjoy the ride :D

I think that everyone has to go a bit emo at one least time in their life and try to figure out what it all means. Getting it over and done with at 5 has to be the best way of doing it.

More stuff - When I saw the matrix at 13, I really thought the world might be that way.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

A long time ago* I used to think that 10pm was midnight, for some reason. On the subject of the miracle of birth (and the no-doubt outrageous sin of conception), I've always known how that happened: I was well informed by all manner of books. ... Of course, I hadn't realised there was quite as much moving about involved.

*really I still think this now.