Could you use 1 terabyte hard drive space?

Tbfgraphx14

I could probably fill up 1TB if I just went nuts on downloading stuff and just left things on my disk that I'd never use, like some games.

1YB is a bit of a problem, but I could probably write a program to fill that space out using notepad files =).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let's see how many of you can fill a yottabyte drive :XD:

(1,000,000,000,000,000 GBs )

That would be so cool!

I would get a bunch of broadband connections together and try to download the internet. :lol:

(Assuming unlimited financial resources here)

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

That would be so cool!

I would get a bunch of broadband connections together and try to download the internet. :lol:

You could spend your money on hundreds of home lines (which is extremely impractical), and still never make a dent in that much space in your lifetime.

If you were drawing everything right off a major backbone, at the highest possible speeds (multiple gigabit lines, the pipes that run cross country and across oceans) it would still take you an extremely long time to fill that space up. Even with todays tech (fiber lines and so on), downloading an entire Yotabyte of data in any reasonable amount of time isn't possible.

well.. i remember that the 1982 census data was for the USA 100 GIGS of data... and they used these WEIRD data spools..

now anyone can pretty much fit that on there lap

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Well i have 40 gb 10 gb which is used but nowadays i'm in teh mood to downloading stuff so i'm getting 120 gb soon (80gb hard drive) but yeh since i'm in the mood to downloading stuff yeh i think i could fill a terabyte cause i love downloading songs and videos and t.v series...The t.v series range from 4-7 gb in size

runedrune900.jpg

That would be so cool!

You could spend your money on hundreds of home lines (which is extremely impractical), and still never make a dent in that much space in your lifetime.

If you were drawing everything right off a major backbone, at the highest possible speeds (multiple gigabit lines, the pipes that run cross country and across oceans) it would still take you an extremely long time to fill that space up. Even with todays tech (fiber lines and so on), downloading an entire Yotabyte of data in any reasonable amount of time isn't possible.

I never said I would succeed, only that I would try. :wink:

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

I remember my old computer when i got it was big, with 2gigs of space. And this one thats still an old computer has games that are 10 times as large, and only 3-4years older. You'll see in the future more and more need for space. I remember some quote where bill gates said computers will never need more then 16mb of ram, and then windows 95 needed 32mb+. Course space and ram are different, but the point is it gets magnified over time.

And besides that it could easily be filled if you're into media and have photographs/vids. A friend of mine, a photographer, used 10gigs of space in 2 weeks for pictures. That goes by fast.

that pic reminds me

I once decided to span my harddrive onto floppy disks I gave up after approximatly 200 or so disks a few shoe boxes worth.

In case anyones wondering my internet was down for the day i dont normally do things like that.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Yeah, probably. It'd take a small amount of effort if I didnt put all my burnt DVDs on there. I'd probably go nuts downloading things. ::' btw I have now started to enter the realm of the forum "Tech and Computers" (first post here)

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

For sure. Im the type of person who doesent like to get rid of anything if they dont have to, which is annoying with the small Runescape bank space.

Plus all that space is great for media purposes. downloading streaming radio can help fill up a gig over night, and when streaming a few stations, boom!

On page one i believe some1 asked about 1tb of ram. yes there is 1tb+ ram modules, basted on some quantam technology and costing about $14,000. FTW!

OoieSig.gif

For sure. Im the type of person who doesent like to get rid of anything if they dont have to, which is annoying with the small Runescape bank space.

Plus all that space is great for media purposes. downloading streaming radio can help fill up a gig over night, and when streaming a few stations, boom!

On page one i believe some1 asked about 1tb of ram. yes there may be 1tb+ ram modules, basted on some quantam optical technology. :S

OoieSig.gif