Could you use 1 terabyte hard drive space?

Tbfgraphx14

I am currently using around 30GB of a 80GB hard-drive. If I purchase a dSLR and take heaps of RAW photos I might need 1TB.... The other option, like several others is if I get a Tv tuner card and record heaps of shows.

So maybe, but not currently.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and no...

Realibility.. i would require that 1 terabyte drive be auto duplicated onto another.. There is no way i will go higher then 200 gigs right now for realiability..

I have a ton of movies and TV shows.. so i could always use them..

But.. the problem is.. on the larger drives your reaching the limit of current error correction.. on a 300-500 gig drive your getting a ton of errors (that the drive automatically fixes, but they are still happening) Any higher drive sizes should IMHO be a auto raided drive config.. cause its just too risky.

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

i could easy fill it, i have about 250+ dvd, and i want to put them on a tb hd, so i would have to put the dvd in my comp, so i would have them all on my comp al ready just have to search for them

so in the short tem im lazy and i just wanna type a few keys and find all my movies:)

when ever i get a job and earn soem money ill be buying one soon after that

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

currently i'm half way through my third 300 gig HDD, so i would say yes :D But then again, i have a lot of backup of tip etc (you'd be amazed how much there is on that server :P) + runehead clan database backups and so on...

Would prob get some more of my CD's in as well, not really sure tho...

i could easy fill it, i have about 250+ dvd,
pics! :D http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=380402

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2192759&CatId=1208

That's alot of space, and you'd need one hell of a proccesor.

If you want the most storage packed into a 4U box, you need one of these.

48 SATA II Drives packed into a 4U rack case. Sun ships it with up to 24TB if you're using 500GB discs. Way more when you start using 750's. 2 dual-core Opterons, up to 16gb of RAM. It's a beast.

:mrgreen:

You have one? That's $33,000.

Nowhere did I say I have one. You posted a link to a 12TB server (from Tiger direct too, eeww), so I posted a link to a bigger server that fits in the same rack slot. The Sun server also comes preloaded with everything you need to use it, along with support.

ddriverl6.jpg

I could, the above is after clearing my storage drive out.

If I had the space I'd have probably used it by now. I'm quite lazy that way, I tend to leave things on my hardrive rather than getting up and looking through CD's and DVD's. :)

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I know people who have terrabytes of storage and use their computers as media warehouses. (It should be noted these people have more money than they can spend) but im pretty sure I could do the same.

Im not sure how its done since ive never needed to do it but its possible to have a single partition accross multiple physical drives.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Yeah possibly... if I was a professional photographer, movie maer, and had no live at all, I'd fill up 1TB easy....

I had 30GB... filled up, changed to 80Gb, running out of space, next one is 300Gb and I hope not t fill it so fast!

komododabst3cn.png

you have 3 gigs of harddrive? lol

Can you get 1 tb of ram??

no the max is like 4GB i think atm.

4gb is actually tiny when you start getting into servers and such. 4gb is just the limit on most consumer boards.

Like this quad opteron board from Tyan. Costs $1,230 for just the board, but it supports up to 64gb of ram when you use 4gb DIMMs. :mrgreen:

My 120 Gig HD (actually its a 40 and an 80) well... its not full, but close to it. To be honest, I have so many files in random folders and so many text files with an IP or CD key laying around... my hard drive(s) are super unorganized, I could go into D: and find folders named "asdlja" and "sadlk" that I made to store 1 thing temporarily and never got around to deleting it. I would love to format the drive... but I don't know if I'd be losing anything important since I don't know whats all on the drive and I know some of it is useful lol. Such a pack rat :(

i could use 1 TB no problem all i need to do is download the first 3 seasons of bleach and more anime,a bleach season has 25 episodes with like 3 GB just of 25 episodes.,and i could put all my dvds on here alrough i dont have a DVD drive :(