a skill that doesn't get enough credit... your opinion on fm

weasel

firemaking, to me has always been one of those skills that is on the side, not much good for anything, except some quests, mini-games and total levelÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve got time, sure it can help you with your prayer too. I never thought it to be a hard skill, and thought it was easily bought.

I have now recently started training firemaking, with the 20k maple logs that have been build up from my kingdom, and am finding it quite hard to get through it, seeing as IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m one of those people whoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s talking to people, reading tip.it, doing calculations and homework etc. while training skills, and this is one where you simply canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t, so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve done 5k, and IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m too stubborn to stop, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been thinking, this is a REALLY hard skill, yet nobody thinks much of it.

Sure, it doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have much use, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m starting to respect the people who have taken the time to get this really hard skill up, for minimal reward. I personally think that it should have bigger and better options rather than, the lighting logs, which has been around since RSC, and personally think it needs more.

What do you think? And do you respect the people with high firemaking? WhatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s your opinion on firemaking?

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Mod Edit: Flaming other users is not allowed nor is spamming the forum - read forum rules ~Alduron]

no offense for both of you, but you must be [developmentally delayed]ed to train firemaking, or very very young like 10-12....

It does nothing, it isn't fun, gives no money, and xp gains sux for real.

This is becouse Andrew just doesn't want you to be high lvl. Don't train it, u must be for real 4 years old to train it, meaning u understand nothing bout something.

so :-$

dont train it, u look just lame doing it :wall:

again no offense, i'm just letting you know what other ppl won't let you know. :-k

no offense for both of you, but you must be mentally challenged to train firemaking, or very very young like 10-12....

This is becouse Andrew just doesn't want you to be high lvl. Don't train it, u must be for real 4 years old to train it, meaning u understand nothing bout something.

again no offense, i'm just letting you know what other ppl won't let you know. :-k

and you look lame making a first post of that quality...

remember its a game. its there for fun. if he enjoys lighting fires, then who are we to tell him otherwise?

in your opinion, if firemaking sucks that much and is so repetitive, then wouldnt that give you more respect for a person who reached level 99 in said skill?

personally, i think firemaking is a skill that has been abused by jagex. i found it fun to train it to level 60, just so i could have the personaly satisfaction of being able to burn yews. i respect those that have the patience to train fm to 99. and if you enjoy firemaking, then dont stop.

Stallion4589.png

wel its actualy very easy could do 1-80 in 2 days quite easily and yes there isnt much use for it and it dosnt give many benfits.

But there is 1 thing it can do and thats buring shades for profit and pray exp....

think about it, u have 15 magic logs that gives like 12 sivler keys,

15 magic logs at 100 pray exp per is 1500 pray exp u just got... and then the 12 silver keys give u addy, rune, lvl (3) clues and fine cloth and the experience u get from kiling the shades.

you high alch the addy, sell or alch rune, get reqard from lvl 3 clue and use fine cloth for splitbark then sell it.... You can actaully get alot of money from it.

its a good way to gain combat, pray and money at the same time, its different its fun and can be quite profitable

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

wel its actualy very easy could do 1-80 in 2 days quite easily and yes there isnt much use for it and it dosnt give many benfits.

But there is 1 thing it can do and thats buring shades for profit and pray exp....

think about it, u have 15 magic logs that gives like 12 sivler keys,

15 magic logs at 100 pray exp per is 1500 pray exp u just got... and then the 12 silver keys give u addy, rune, lvl (3) clues and fine cloth and the experience u get from kiling the shades.

you high alch the addy, sell or alch rune, get reqard from lvl 3 clue and use fine cloth for splitbark then sell it.... You can actaully get alot of money from it.

its a good way to gain combat, pray and money at the same time, its different its fun and can be quite profitable

Shade burning may be great fun and xp, but it's the only use of firemaking in the entire game. That's why it's such a stupid skill. And it is easy to level, 1 log gives you what, 300xp? I still respect people with 99 in it, but it isn't nearly as hard as some other skills.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

no offense for both of you, but you must be mentally challenged to train firemaking, or very very young like 10-12....

pfff whe play rs for fun

remember its a game. its there for fun. if he enjoys lighting fires, then who are we to tell him otherwise?

in your opinion, if firemaking sucks that much and is so repetitive, then wouldnt that give you more respect for a person who reached level 99 in said skill?

personally, i think firemaking is a skill that has been abused by jagex. i found it fun to train it to level 60, just so i could have the personaly satisfaction of being able to burn yews. i respect those that have the patience to train fm to 99. and if you enjoy firemaking, then dont stop.

ask yourself these questions if you hate firemaking:

Have you killed giant moles?

Have you played the Tears Of Guthix minigame?

Have you been into the depths of the haunted mine?

Do you own or use Splitbark?

there are many more things that firemaking helps, combat, moneymaking and a few more

dont knock it until you've gained enough levels

well i finally clawed my way to level 80 this weekend and headed straight to the shade tombs. I made about 100k by the time I had alched everything from burning 30 magic pyre logs, got a few pieces of cloth too (no clue though). I really enjoyed going there and owning the higher level shades. It's just a shame it takes so long to cut the magics.

fm is cool, but now that I am level 80 I'm not going to level it anymore. I want to put my money into getting 75 construction next....It also has helped me to get a nice skill total (1621) :)

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Wow. Amazing one post and 5 whole stats in highscores! Wow amazing! =D>

actually, not amazing :thumbsup:

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

99 Firemaking > 99 Cooking - Respect

99 Cooking > 99 Firemaking - Usefullness.

However, level 80 is really usefull for shade burninng.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

What? You say you find fm hard? I think it's the most easiest skill in RS. I got me 1mil xp in a day once. I'm sure I'll get it to 99 quite fast if I just get enough money in the royal coffers for maples.

9mil off firemaking, i got 81 firemaking. \'

I really don't know what it is to train firemaking... Atm I'm still 51 Fm, so I'm kinda fm noob :lol:

Soon I'll buy 70-80 firemaking, we'll see...

manuvy6.png

A skiller's dream: 99 Smithing - Visit my blog!

firemakers should get credit from every mage pker who uses splitbark

enduring to 99 firemaking is hard, so dont diss it, combat to 99 is easy with the wide range of items at your disposal

herblore, firemaking, thieveing and agility all ask for a lot of respect once the skill is 99, but no-one really cares because they just did a gwb on the skill

pfff whe play rs for fun

Ya know, this is probably the first time I've agreed with someone with a post count of 1 :lol: , maybe not with the way he said it totally, but the overall point of the post.

We play this game for fun, right? I'd hope so. Firemaking isn't any fun, at any lvl. Nothing about the skill is exciting to be honest- it's just burning the same frikin' logs 100k times. So, if I ever see someone with 99 FM I don't notice their dedication, but the fact that their life is so pitiful that they actually spent the time to burn over 96k Maple logs, just for a number to make they're stats look nice.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

[Mod Edit: Flaming other users is not allowed nor is spamming the forum - read forum rules ~Alduron]

Why dont you go quit rs if you haven't already and go set a building on fire! Tell me the posative and negative things about making a fire in game and setting a building on fire in rl! kthnxbye

siggd7.jpg

fm would be more useful if

1. we could use it to light a furnace in our house

or

2. we could use it to light a fire anywhere that could be used to smelt.

also bonfires would be cool \'

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

no offense for both of you, but you must be [developmentally delayed]ed to train firemaking, or very very young like 10-12....

I'm 14 and I enjoy firemaking. My mommy says I'm cool for training firemaking. It does give money if you burn shades. It gives decent exp as well. IMO you must be [developmentally delayed]ed not to train firemaking, or very very young like 10-12. Nuff said.

hicho

Chicken Feather

RSN: hicho

Way to go, your first post on these forums and you've already come off as a illiterate flamer! Good job, man. My hat is off to you. :)