Runescape Requires... Time or Skill?

Toad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eer, *beep!* You're all wrong!!

the answer is time mixed with concentration.

my friend used to play 6 hours a day, every day all summer. He went from 75 cb to 80. I went from 80cb to 92 cb playing about an hour a day every day. the key is concentration mixed with time!

To play the game effectively, skill is required. If wasting time isn't a problem, then skill isn't needed. I'd rather be training with noone else around to talk to than having to fight with 2 or 3 other people over the NPCs I'm attacking and getting less exp an hour. Private messaging was made for chatting.

Time is required as well because without having time to accomplish your tasks, such as having a job and a girlfriend has done for me lately, regardless of how efficient you try to be, you can't get anything done :P

It all depends on how you want to play yet I do not feel that one should interrupt another's playing experience just because they don't care if thieving bandits gets them to stop auto attacking <.<

Panix - /server -j #runescape irc.efnet.org

-

NOT EVEN DOOM MUSIC

Few things in this game require skill. Those are the few things that are fun :thumbsup: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Neither, it takes being on the right holidays at the right times, and selling the items that are littered on the ground for insane amounts of money.

:wink:

Hah. Agreed!

:thumbsup:

the only skill you need in runescape is patience

I'm guessing you've never been to the Dagganoth Kings :P .

But to be honest, other than that and CW, everything else is just mindumbingly repetitive...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Takes abit of both i believe..mainly time, but you need skill to persist in certain things and you also need skill to work out what the best methods to train certain skills.

x_runes.png

99 Runecraft - 99 Fletching - 99 All Melee's 1800+ Total

60% time 20%knowledge 10% concentration 5% SKILL 5% luck i think time is an important factor but some people play 15 hours a day and have the worst stats ever because they talk and goof around, while others play 1hr a day and have awesome stats cause all they do is train train train. i personally think that the fun stuff is not time based because usually the fun stuff is done when thier is nothing good in real life to do while skill training is done on a normal day. i say knowledge is important knowing the best xp per hour and concentration so you stick to goal and not get bored.

StarViv.png

To play? Loads of time.

To play well? Some skill and information... and loads of time. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

RuneScape is time orientated, really no intelligence required. However like WoW you really need to think a lot in team battles (although I have played very very little of Wow :oops: ).

the only skill needed in wow in battling is the same kind of skill in rs, you need to know who to kill and do it in an orderly fashion

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

There is no skill to runescape, it only time and patience basically. Thats one of the reasons i quit runescape, ALL you have to do to get higher level is sit there, watch your character fight monsters, sometimes clicking a lobster or monkfish to heal. Thats about it. There may be some skill to pking and such, but very little skill is actually involved, its more luck based than anything.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

Do you think its Skillful? Or its just time dependant? Why?

My view is its mostly time, although some strategys you do need, eg how you do things like drop certain herbs, or how you merchant..

But most is down to skill, Right clicking and attacking doesnt take much skill..

Rs is a game any age group can play because anyone can understand it and its not a game you need to have quick reactions for etc

Have you ever heard of the word: "NOOB"? well these are usually the group of children aged 9-11 years old who can only (to my greatest annoyance) beg, spam, get into our way, swear at people for no reason and so on. these "children" do not understand a thing of rs, they only like the killing of things or screaming NOOB at people, that's why they do all the mentioned things above.. they die from boredom because they don't know what to do or can not understand it.

on topic: certain things require skill such as getting a fire cape or PKing but it's mostly time dependant.

DRkMper0r.png

RSN: DRkMper0r, AKA: LORD DARK-EMPEROR

~proud owner of a fire cape (94 combat) on 26th of july 2006~ 3rd time was the charm!

Not every age group can play runescape? Where do you think all the begging in runescape by low levels started? Why do you think it's continued? Why do you think whenever you say no to one of these beggers that they call you a noob, or very poorly typed insults. Why do you think jagex are very strict with the no swearing policy? Because these younger children abuse swear words while in games, thinking it makes them seem "tough". Runescape is filled with these young individuals, especially on f2p because they cannot afford to pay for members, or their parents will not pay for it for them.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

Its all in the time. A braindead monkey could do it if he had the time.

Crocodile hunter-Rest in Peace

"Theres NOT a country in the world that Bush would not get BOOO'd at ....even if Bush went to Antarctica the penguins would demonstrate."-Darknovae, NS Forum

Have you ever heard of the word: "NOOB"? well these are usually the group of children aged 9-11 years old who can only (to my greatest annoyance) beg, spam, get into our way, swear at people for no reason and so on. these "children" do not understand a thing of rs, they only like the killing of things or screaming NOOB at people, that's why they do all the mentioned things above.. they die from boredom because they don't know what to do or can not understand it.

on topic: certain things require skill such as getting a fire cape or PKing but it's mostly time dependant.

lol u don't understand anything about runescape idiot

alot of things take skill...just not the actual skills itself :oops:

the fight caves takes alot more skill then time <.<

soloing the blast furnace is skill allright

barrows...now dont tell me thats not skill, have you seen all those guides on how to do it?

pking, probably half of runescapes skill is here

staking, same thing as pking

skill ftw :thumbsup: