More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

I wonder why people keep posting to say "Pay 5$ a month!!!!" when I think this question has been answered like 1 million times on this same thread :-k

f2p - Get more space to save random items

p2p - Get more space for the same thing

people who's no longer p2p - Doesn't have to throw/sell cheap their items just because they can't store them in bank...

concurso2mn1.jpg

Currently having a break from sig-making...

Join the campaign for more F2P bank space!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why people keep posting to say "Pay 5$ a month!!!!" when I think this question has been answered like 1 million times on this same thread :-k

The reason they do that is just to try to destroy the thread and the petition to get more space. They believe if you don't pay cash out of your wallet, then you deserve nothing, and yet those on the petition who are not P2P already deserve stuff because of all the adverts they have been pummeled with by Jagex.

Something both Jagex and the people who are bigots AND are P2P don't get is this: The computers they try to shove their stuff on BELONG TO THE USER, NOT to Jagex... Put simply from the users, "It is MY computer, and if you think you're going to drop stuff on me to prevent me playing your game or do anything else, and then not give us anything in compensation in return here and there, you're going to get clobbered. You (Jagex) have no right to say what I will or will not do with my PC."

Some people have been forced at this point to chop the adverts with their firewalls due to the damage that those adverts do... and have been the source of more joins to RuneScape than Jagex would like to mention.

And this is the ultimate reason we F2P now deserve more bank space.

'Nuff said.

To those who wish to ruin this thread: SHUT UP ALREADY!!! WE HAVE HAD IT WITH YOUR RUDE BEHAVIOR!!! YOU CAN'T GIVE A PROPER REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T GET MORE, AND MY LOGIC HERE NOW SHUTS YOU DOWN, SO GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!!

~Mr. D. V. Devnull (***Now with worse than a headache the size of the universe***)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I Agree f2p have not got enough bank space

I have no Holiday items and 5 quest items and i still don't have any more space

Can't Jagex Give us more

Also, On another note i can't post my suggestions to jagex because im not a member . What's the point!!

Shmuxel - The Best Word Ever!

------------------------------------

Jajajheem - Worst Word Ever (:-O)

I agree with the idea make the untradable items not take up any room.

More bank space!

I am a member and I do not have enough space I hated being f2p and then finally one day I was allowed to become a member thinking I would have alot of space well now that I have 2 rows left and more items coming in all the time I am sick and tired of throwing stuff out to keep room.

Come on let f2p have more space.

What about when p2p go back to f2p and plan on becoming a member again?

There stuck with no room at all.

100% Support for f2p bank space.

betterwork.jpg

lordadam21.png

The reason they do that is just to try to destroy the thread and the petition to get more space. They believe if you don't pay cash out of your wallet, then you deserve nothing, and yet those on the petition who are not P2P already deserve stuff because of all the adverts they have been pummeled with by Jagex.

Something both Jagex and the people who are bigots AND are P2P don't get is this: The computers they try to shove their stuff on BELONG TO THE USER, NOT to Jagex... Put simply from the users, "It is MY computer, and if you think you're going to drop stuff on me to prevent me playing your game or do anything else, and then not give us anything in compensation in return here and there, you're going to get clobbered. You (Jagex) have no right to say what I will or will not do with my PC."

Some people have been forced at this point to chop the adverts with their firewalls due to the damage that those adverts do... and have been the source of more joins to RuneScape than Jagex would like to mention.

And this is the ultimate reason we F2P now deserve more bank space.

'Nuff said.

To those who wish to ruin this thread: SHUT UP ALREADY!!! WE HAVE HAD IT WITH YOUR RUDE BEHAVIOR!!! YOU CAN'T GIVE A PROPER REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T GET MORE, AND MY LOGIC HERE NOW SHUTS YOU DOWN, SO GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!!

~Mr. D. V. Devnull (***Now with worse than a headache the size of the universe***)

Actually Jagex do have a right to say what you can do on your pc, they can say you cannot play their game if you block the adverts and as it IS their game then they also have the right to carry out that threat.

I believe that f2p should not be given more bank space. F2p is currently a "preview" of the full runescape, agreed it can be played as a stand alone game but it is only a taster of the real deal.

P2pers don't have enough bank space to store all our items as well, we often have to drop things, its all a question of bank management, which from my chats with jagex mods, they believe is part of the game. F2p hasn't gotten "that" many updates that require taking up huge amounts of space, the untradeable holiday items can be dropped and recovered from various places when needed for example

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

Am I the only one that has noticed that 'More F2P Bankspace' is a contradictory statement. I'll repeat for the last time that bankspace is a motive to get members...why would jagex take away motive and loose money because a bunch of people are whining. I am F2P, I don't deny that I occasionally want more space..can't fit all my junk in there but you have to deal with it. That partially what makes F2P players much more respected.

I'll put my foot down and not trying to be rude or mean in anyway. Jagex won't give you bankspace. F2P has existed longer than P2P - and there's always been a request for more bankspace. In over 4 years you haven't gotten it (by request). Why now? You may say, "We get more randoms" well is it not true that all the new ones can be re-obtained from Diango in Draynor? There is your key. If you bring up the matter of 'clothes' then you must understand that this is the flaw to the argument - but I continuously see people with bronze helmets and random useless objects demanding more bankspace without seeing the nonexistant use of some others.

If you haven't noticed - F2P HAVE been getting updates.

We no longer have to log into forums, we get all the graphical updates..etc.

Why not be appreciative of what you have and stop demanding more.

As for the mention of objects that are tradable. If this object is on a stable market price and you are whining about not having room to store it - sell it and re-buy it when you want. I am sick of seeing people angry that they can't store things that are purchasable anywhere - even a general store.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

The two arguments you two have are probably the best two I've seen in this topic. I'll do my best to break down both arguments. Please do not feel like I'm flaming you, I'm just arguing back...Not in a bad way...Oh, and keep in mind that I'm a member.

Frizoid:

Actually Jagex do have a right to say what you can do on your pc, they can say you cannot play their game if you block the adverts and as it IS their game then they also have the right to carry out that threat.

Seeing as how the world pretty much revolves around money, I'll have to agree with you for this part.

I believe that f2p should not be given more bank space. F2p is currently a "preview" of the full runescape, agreed it can be played as a stand alone game but it is only a taster of the real deal.

Does F2P being a demo of P2P have anything to do with getting more bank space? I don't think so...

P2pers don't have enough bank space to store all our items as well, we often have to drop things, its all a question of bank management, which from my chats with jagex mods, they believe is part of the game.

Yes, the fact that P2P need more space too has been brought up. I think 1 more row for everyone would satisfy everyone...At least for a while.

F2p hasn't gotten "that" many updates that require taking up huge amounts of space, the untradeable holiday items can be dropped and recovered from various places when needed for example

But can random event items? No. There have been more random event items than holiday items. But I agree that it's the untradeable items that most people are complaining about.

Legend Gaara:

Am I the only one that has noticed that 'More F2P Bankspace' is a contradictory statement. I'll repeat for the last time that bankspace is a motive to get members...why would jagex take away motive and loose money because a bunch of people are whining.

Why would anyone waste $5 for 4-12 more bank space? I know the $5 are also for other things, but these people only want bank space. Not the skills, not the quests. Only bank space.

I am F2P, I don't deny that I occasionally want more space..can't fit all my junk in there but you have to deal with it. That partially what makes F2P players much more respected.

I agree. This part is mainly supporting this thread, so there's not much of an argument I can argue...

I'll put my foot down and not trying to be rude or mean in anyway. Jagex won't give you bankspace. F2P has existed longer than P2P - and there's always been a request for more bankspace. In over 4 years you haven't gotten it (by request). Why now?

No one has asked for a Stronghold of Security. Only a few of the updates are asked for. But more and more updates are updates that have been suggested (at least IMO), so maybe Jagex would change their mind now. Not very likely, but there's still a chance...

You may say, "We get more randoms" well is it not true that all the new ones can be re-obtained from Diango in Draynor? There is your key.

That's holiday items. There are way more random event items than holiday items. And some people think the random event items are cooler. Especially people wanting to get the Gravedigger emotes.

If you bring up the matter of 'clothes' then you must understand that this is the flaw to the argument - but I continuously see people with bronze helmets and random useless objects demanding more bankspace without seeing the nonexistant use of some others.

If they're low-leveled, and have a bronze helmet, nothing you can complain about. But the selling and buying of items can be a waste of time. And you know what some people say, time is money. So it's pretty much wasting money. But if you're talking about items like buckets and jugs, then I agree. Although I had a large collection of almost useless items when I was F2P, the 50 gp it takes to rebuy those items sin't much.

No one has mentioned not getting updates.

We no longer have to log into forums, we get all the graphical updates..etc.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that only a few F2P use the forums. The graphical updates are fine, but they are nothing like the updates P2P usually get. I'm guessing that the updates you're talking about are the small updates, which I wouldn't count as updates.

Why not be appreciative of what you have and stop demanding more.

It's not only F2P with the problem of demanding more. If you look through the first few pages of the Suggestions forum, you'll see quite a lot of pointless updates which are pretty much just people demanding more than they need. (I know that we don't need any updates, but oh well...) Many people are appreciative ofthe bank space F2P have now, but it can be hard to be appreciative of it when you can't store that Zombie mask, which if you drop will make it take a lot longer to get that emote.

As for the mention of objects that are tradable. If this object is on a stable market price and you are whining about not having room to store it - sell it and re-buy it when you want. I am sick of seeing people angry that they can't store things that are purchasable anywhere - even a general store.

I think I talked about this above...I'm not sure though...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

P2pers don't have enough bank space to store all our items as well, we often have to drop things, its all a question of bank management, which from my chats with jagex mods, they believe is part of the game.

Members still has a lot more space then f2p. After playing members I noticed how tiny the f2p bank is. And you talk about bank management. I'm very good at bank management, but I can barely manage it on f2p. I had to throw out or sell almost all my members items(which was a pain) just so I can put stuff into the bank when I'm not playing members.

Am I the only one that has noticed that 'More F2P Bankspace' is a contradictory statement.

Yes, I think you are.

I'll repeat for the last time that bankspace is a motive to get members...why would jagex take away motive and loose money because a bunch of people are whining.

How it it motivational if you end up losing it and being unable to put anything else in the bank when the membership runs out?

But one of the most needed and important updates, bank space, continues not to be updated. Which is the reason for this topic.

Tetsuya.png

i totaly thin that we should get some more bank space we have way to many things to store and no room to put them whenever i want to stor something i have to get rid of my cheapest item and it stinks

you can add me to the petition \'

quest cape achived july 31 2007

all lvls 60+ 9-23-07

1700+ total

lotrking1010.png

lotrking1010.png

I should be studying my latin but i'll sacrifice a few minutes to point out a few things.

No one has asked for a Stronghold of Security. Only a few of the updates are asked for. But more and more updates are updates that have been suggested (at least IMO), so maybe Jagex would change their mind now. Not very likely, but there's still a chance...

Yes, Stronghold of Security was a creation by Jaex - most likely had a few tips from other players. They do listen to players' opinions.

Why would anyone waste $5 for 4-12 more bank space? I know the $5 are also for other things, but these people only want bank space. Not the skills, not the quests. Only bank space.

You're basically saying that we should get part of P2P but not paying for it? I just randomly mused that perhaps you can 'buy' bankspace o.0?

That's holiday items. There are way more random event items than holiday items. And some people think the random event items are cooler. Especially people wanting to get the Gravedigger emotes.

So they may want their clothes - that's part of F2P. I don't see why so many complain when there's usually an alternate method to figuring it out. Such as, for Gravedigger randoms: Get it all at once?..These alternate methods are usually seeked out by the perseverring and non-lazy type.

You're joking right?

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that only a few F2P use the forums. The graphical updates are fine, but they are nothing like the updates P2P usually get. I'm guessing that the updates you're talking about are the small updates, which I wouldn't count as updates.

Please dont be bias. You have no facts to support this - MANY F2P use the forums to look for sellers/buyers. Why do you think many sellers say they put their private on - for players who cannot post.

This post is suggested by a F2Per? You seemed to make no sense in your 2nd to last statement. Please repeato o_0

I was thinking buying bankspace- but we'll see.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

I should be studying my latin but i'll sacrifice a few minutes to point out a few things.

Yes, Stronghold of Security was a creation by Jaex - most likely had a few tips from other players. They do listen to players' opinions.

I said, Jagex usually uses their own ideas. I'm pretty sure they're working on the bank organization thing, with so many people supporting it.

You're basically saying that we should get part of P2P but not paying for it? I just randomly mused that perhaps you can 'buy' bankspace o.0?

You already are getting part of P2P. You mean buying bankspace with Runescape money? Interesting idea...

So they may want their clothes - that's part of F2P. I don't see why so many complain when there's usually an alternate method to figuring it out. Such as, for Gravedigger randoms: Get it all at once?..These alternate methods are usually seeked out by the perseverring and non-lazy type.

Meh, I wouldn't want to drop my zombie outfit...I want to have my emote list as complete as possible.

You're joking right?

Well, I guess some people have. But the point of this thread wasn't about F2P not getting updates, it was about F2P getting updates in which F2P gets items, which they can't store with the amount of bankspace they have.

Please dont be bias. You have no facts to support this - MANY F2P use the forums to look for sellers/buyers. Why do you think many sellers say they put their private on - for players who cannot post.

It was my opinion. I've surprised a lot of F2Pers by telling them that they could use the forums. But the few I was talking about is actually probably only a few, compared to the number of F2P there are. And I've never seen a seller say that their private is on. It's probably because I don't use the official forums that often.

This post is suggested by a F2Per? You seemed to make no sense in your 2nd to last statement. Please repeato o_0

Huh? This thread was created by a F2Per...In my second to last statement, I meant that it's not only F2P that want un-needed updates. If you look in the first few pages of the Suggestions forum, you'll find a lot of ideas that are pretty much pointless. And also I meant that it can be hard to appreciate the bankspace, as there isn't much.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

The main reason for that update was to get people to make security questions.

A much needed part. Adding more bank space would only improve the game. I see no reason to be against it. Anyways, whats the point of buying members for more bank space if it will just go away after a month?

Have you any idea how rare some of these random events are?

You're joking right?

Well, I guess some people have. But the point of this thread wasn't about F2P not getting updates, it was about F2P getting updates in which F2P gets items, which they can't store with the amount of bankspace they have.

The point of the thread is to suggest the idea that f2p needs a bigger bank than the current tiny one they have.

Anyways, why would he be joking? It's the truth.

Bias? Where? :-k

Well, anyways I'm sure that the Runescape forums arent used as much by f2pers. They still can't even post there after all. I know I myself would much rather use the forums on this very site for trading f2p tradable items.

Also, I can understand his second to last statement just fine....Now if I can only understand your last question... :-k

Tetsuya.png

You know that point about buying bank space might not be such a bad idea, whether it be rl money or rs gp.....if it was real life money then f2p would be able to contribute more to the costs of the servers they use..if it was runescape money then it would create a money drain....hmmm :-s

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

You know that point about buying bank space might not be such a bad idea, whether it be rl money or rs gp.....if it was real life money then f2p would be able to contribute more to the costs of the servers they use..if it was runescape money then it would create a money drain....hmmm :-s

It will just take a little more hard drive space. Which will be nothing compared for the space that was needed for player owned houses.

Tetsuya.png

To Legend_Gaara:

You say that more bank space is a motive to become a member. I say, who gives a flying hoot about bank space, when they will get all of the other updates when they become a member?

You point out that it has been 4 years since they began the memberships, and that since we haven't gotten bank space in all that time, we aren't going to get it now? Might I point out what you pointed out? Its been 4 years. That's a pretty long time. Let us think about all of the holiday items, and randoms that have come out in that time. Not to mention the release of trimmed armour, and the new sceptre.

Randoms: Full zombie, Full Lenderhosen, Full Mime, Full Frog Prince/Princess, Full Camo.

Just those alone take up 17 spaces. Would you really want to get rid of those random event items, after the years it took to get them all?

Trimmed Armour: I am guessing that those with trimmed armour only carry about 1 set, along with their regular armour. A set of trimmed armour takes up 4 spaces.

The Sceptre takes up 5 spaces, if you have multiples of the pieces and one full sceptre.

Those alone take up 26 out of 60 spaces in our bank.

Then there's all of the essential items that we need for everyday use. I'm not even going to try to post them here, because you can find them on my very first post. I will, however, point out the items that most people have in their bank:

Melee Armour (4 spaces), 2 Weapons (2 Spaces), Ranging Armour (4 Spaces), Bow and Arrows (2 spaces), Magic Staves of all types (4 spaces), Mage Clothing (3 Spaces), Runes (10 Spaces). 29 total.

Those are items just used for combat, and those with the random event outfits take up a whomping 55 Spaces (remember, that's out of 60). Then there's the pickaxe, axe, cooking supplies, etc. for using your other skills. And don't forget ores, logs, and bars!

60 Bank spaces aren't nearly enough!

People say that F2P is just a demo... F2P is much more than just a demo. People have played Runescape since the begining, and have remained f2p. Not everyone wants to waste 5$ a month on a computer game. Remember, that Runescape used to be all f2p. Why should Jagex turn their backs on us now?

Yes, I agree, many people have worthless junk in their bank. But, take a moment to look back on the lists of items us older playes have to store. We don't store junk. We don't have the leeway to. We store our essentials. You'd be insulting us if you said we all store worthless junk in our banks, and then go complaining about bank space. Come on now, we aren't all 10 year olds.

Do you seriously call some new graphics, sounds, and the deletion of some bugs "updates"? When I think of updates in the game, I think of new types of armour, quests, places to go, skills, and all of those other major things they come out with. The only "updates" we have gotten were:

Holiday Items, some new Randoms (which added onto the need for bank space), and the yearly Holiday Items.

You tell us we should be more appreciative, and stop demanding more? If pointing out a well known need is "demanding more", then you had better get used to it. Jagex even knows that more bank space is a must! A J-Mod told me himself.

"Yes, more bank space is needed."

And of course, before I could talk to him further, he logged out.

They know we need more bank space. I have sent several messages to them that they have surely read some of. They know we are out here, expressing our need for bank space. Yet, they just chose to ignore us. We will not be ignore.

This petition shall remain open until a J-Mod comes to me and fully explains why we shouldn't have more bank space. And no, I'm not going to accept the usual excuse "You get what you pay for. Become a member".

You have even told us to sell items we don't use, then buy it back again when we need it... Ok, now that's just the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Let me explain further...

Let's say I have a set of full rune that I haven't used in a while. I'm trying to get my mining up, so I have a large assortment of ores and bars I need to store. So I sell my armour for 190k. Now I'm done with mining, and I want to go pking. I hop over to world 1, to buy my armour back. I buy it back for 200k.

I keep doing this with all of the items I don't use for a while. Suddenly, it hits me. I'm losing money!

Of course you would lose money! You can't trust that you'll buy your items back for the same amount you sold them for. You could lose 100k in a matter of months. No, I am not exaggerating. If you actually sell then buy back your items, let me know how much money you lose. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to go buying and selling my stuff, just to lose more and more money. It's pointless.

I am thankful to you that you posted your argument. It has given me yet another oppurtunity to express the need for more bank space. I have enjoyed this little debate, but I'm afraid it must end here.

Now, if you have another good reason why we shouldn't get more bank space, I welcome you to post them here. But if you don't, there is no pont in posting here. It would be considered spam, and quite honestly, I am getting tired of people spamming in here. Thank you once more for this little debate.

To Everyone Else:

Thank you for your support, and I will add you when I get a chance. And thank's to those of you that have been involving yourself in the debates, seeing that I cannot immediately reply to every opposing post. ::'

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I think your missing the boat

They could simply open up P2P sections for YOU for this cost.

What cost are you referring to this time?

And.......boat......? :-s

It seems I'm not the only one that didn't understand a word of that... Also, I thought I had clearly stated that you should NOT post here, unless you had another good reason why we shouldn't get more bank space. I don't think "You're missing the boat" counts.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}