More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

I think your missing the boat

They could simply open up P2P sections for YOU for this cost.

Pft, read the math at the beginning. F2p CLEARLY give WAYYY more than p2p. So p2p shouldn't be deserving updates, only f2p. \'

Kind weird why jagex just doesn't make the whole game f2p and force you to watch 4 ads a day you play or something...

If you don't believe that a lot of money can be made from ads... Look at google will you?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone stated that they would have to do database work etc just for us to get slots in our bank. I was replying to that - please read carefully now now!

Prankster, there are too many flaws in your argument for me to reply in the short time that I have.

As for the random sets - yes; Duh it takes a while to get but do you really want them ALL, at ALL times? Trimmed armour, it's simply your fualt for not selling/buying at correct prices. I don't mean you are going to go pk-ing and need the space for what..? Makes no sense. There are STRATEGIC methods to using a F2P bank.

You decide you are going to range and get a certain level. You get rid of the armour/unusables that you won't be needing since you're training ranged. You get your ranged items and follow-through to your goal. You finish - and remove the ranged stuff and re-purchase your materials for another goal. I simply believe you mis-understand me.

AS for the F2P being a demo, I agree with you. Case rested? I dont' believe arguing this so ok?

You also seemed to miss my point about useless junk. I shall note that you should look up and re-read what I said about strategic usage of bankspace.

Do you seriously call some new graphics, sounds, and the deletion of some bugs "updates"? When I think of updates in the game, I think of new types of armour, quests, places to go, skills, and all of those other major things they come out with.

-- Lol

So you aren't grateful of the updates. Wouldn't you complain more if P2P got the graphical updates but f2P didn't? Your statement is contradictory in itself. You described P2P.

Thank you for letting me show you the other side of the argument - I showed you my bank - STRATEGIC. I want more bankspace, but oh well, we'll probably never get it by these petty petitions. No offense ment. For ever F2P have wanted MORE, they've given it to us in baby-steps since we don't even pay to play - and many demand more. I'm just stating that we should be grateful and use intelligence [your brain?] to play this game and save money. :]

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

I see youre unable to find ways to counter my arguemnts, Gaara. So I guess I'll just continue with your latest post.

As for the random sets - yes; Duh it takes a while to get but do you really want them ALL, at ALL times? Trimmed armour, it's simply your fualt for not selling/buying at correct prices. I don't mean you are going to go pk-ing and need the space for what..? Makes no sense. There are STRATEGIC methods to using a F2P bank.

You decide you are going to range and get a certain level. You get rid of the armour/unusables that you won't be needing since you're training ranged. You get your ranged items and follow-through to your goal. You finish - and remove the ranged stuff and re-purchase your materials for another goal. I simply believe you mis-understand me.

So you assume people should get rid of items and try to buy them again later for what they decide to do or what skills they train. Well, thats alot easier said then done. For more expensive items they have to sell them(which takes a while to do), and then later try to buy them all over again(which takes even more time).

So that idea fails for many people.

You also seemed to miss my point about useless junk. I shall note that you should look up and re-read what I said about strategic usage of bankspace.

I guess that would depened on what people would consider useless junk. The f2p bank is so small that you can have all useful stuff in the bank and there still wouldnt be enough room. Trust me, with the items I use in the game it's virtually impossible to have any room. Especially since I have a couple of my members items in there that arent easily replaceable.

I want more bankspace, but oh well, we'll probably never get it by these petty petitions.

Yet you dont even bother trying to sign them. And even you try to counter argue them. Way to want more bank space.

Tetsuya.png

I'm gonna say I'm for more F2P bankspace, purely from the fact that I can NEVER sell stuff. I know this happens to tons of people who can't find a buyer for thier junk, and know it's worth more than what the general store/specialty stop/alch gives them. I currently have 10 yews, 500 willows, TONS of arrows, and a good 3 different sets of armour (full rune w/guth platebody, OoC uniform, Ranging gear, other little bits)

TBH, even if they fill it out with only 5 spaces I'm fine. the amount of untradeable, unrecoverable items in F2P is too high to merit just getting rid of them.

also, amny of my "junk" items give me memories of when I was much less stressed at school/home, and are great in comforting me when I feel I need to go back to the "good old days"

You know that point about buying bank space might not be such a bad idea, whether it be rl money or rs gp.....if it was real life money then f2p would be able to contribute more to the costs of the servers they use..if it was runescape money then it would create a money drain....hmmm :-s

It will just take a little more hard drive space. Which will be nothing compared for the space that was needed for player owned houses.

The money won't be to pay for the extra hard drive space or whatever, it will be used to contribute to the costs of the current f2p servers.

The reason why ban space is so restricted is because jagex want to keep everyones saved game file under 5kb for loading reasons within the game, thats why members rarely get more bank space as well. Seeing as f2p contribute a lot less financially to the game then their space is probably even more restricted, like around 2kb which could be the reason that more bank space has not been added.

Pft, read the math at the beginning. F2p CLEARLY give WAYYY more than p2p. So p2p shouldn't be deserving updates, only f2p. \'

Kind weird why jagex just doesn't make the whole game f2p and force you to watch 4 ads a day you play or something...

If you don't believe that a lot of money can be made from ads... Look at google will you?

PROOVE that the maths posted was correct, how do you know that jagex isn't paid a monthly amount for the adverts? There is no way that f2p give more than p2p, or jagex would have abolished p2p as it would make financial sense.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

PROOVE that the maths posted was correct, how do you know that jagex isn't paid a monthly amount for the adverts? There is no way that f2p give more than p2p, or jagex would have abolished p2p as it would make financial sense.

First thing's first. How is the math correct? To be honest I do not know, but I'm using 5 cents as a base because that's about how much many companies get paid per click.

But you are right on one part, math is wrong.

Instead of 2 million people can someone change it to 5 million. Thank you.

"Advertising on RuneScape

Gain our audience's attention. Jagex has a large audience of over 5 million unique users who play our games every month."(This has been taken from the jagex advertising section)

How do I know it's based on click? I'm basing it on theories, as some of mathematics and science are, because I'm too lazy too look it up.

Let's look at the sheer number of the people playing runescape. 5 million people... Now you think it would be wise to ask for a monthly pay? Unless the pay is higher than each person clicking the ads several times I'd say no.

Why doesn't Jagex abolish p2p and make way for f2p? There are some positive and negative factors.

Positive(p2p):

smaller, more predictable, range of net income

less bots, (some people don't want to give away money to raise bots to make money)

organized fourms, no masses of spammers, if they spam you can just ban them

Negative(p2p-f2p):

varying range of net income(you put a LOT of faith into your customers to click the ads)

mass auto-bots

mass complaints from p2p saying they "paid" all the way up till now when it's free for everyone, they might quit

fourm is full of spammers, almost impossible to find a post from 5 million players

(You think of some others to put here. Too lazy to think anymore.)

I'm too lazy to check advert prices, if you want to confirm it, click this link or copy and paste onto browser.

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/index.ws

First thing's first. How is the math correct? To be honest I do not know, but I'm using 5 cents as a base because that's about how much many companies get paid per click.

Gain our audience's attention. Jagex has a large audience of over 5 million unique users who play our games every month."(This has been taken from the jagex advertising section)

How do I know it's based on click? I'm basing it on theories, as some of mathematics and science are, because I'm too lazy too look it up.

Let's look at the sheer number of the people playing runescape. 5 million people... Now you think it would be wise to ask for a monthly pay? Unless the pay is higher than each person clicking the ads several times I'd say no.

Why doesn't Jagex abolish p2p and make way for f2p? There are some positive and negative factors.

Positive(p2p):

less bots, (some people don't want to give away money to raise bots to make money)

Negative(p2p-f2p):

varying range of net income(you put a LOT of faith into your customers to click the ads)

mass auto-bots

mass complaints from p2p saying they "paid" all the way up till now when it's free for everyone, they might quit

fourm is full of spammers, almost impossible to find a post from 5 million players

I'm too lazy to check advert prices, if you want to confirm it, click this link or copy and paste onto browser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_per_click

Its 5$ to play runescape, that equals to about 16cents a day in a 31 day month.

If each advert click is worth the maximum, which is 0.5cents then that means each f2p user has to click 32 adverts a day to contribute as much as a p2p player. How many f2pers seriously even click one advert a day? I doubt that many.

Jagex made p2p because it made financial sense as the game grew larger and they needed to support more servers. They let people play a limited game for free in the hopes to get them hooked so that they buy p2p, there isn't really another reason for it.

Back to my original point, if f2p want more bank space for example they should have to pay for it, a lot are complaining they don't want to pay $5 because it gives them a lot of updates they don't want, so how about paying $2 a month to get the same bank space as a member? You aren't supposed to be alloweed to play runescape until you are 13+. over here from the age of 13 years you can get a paper round to earn that money.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

Positive(p2p):

Negative(p2p-f2p):

mass auto-bots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_per_click

Its 5$ to play runescape, that equals to about 16cents a day in a 31 day month.

If each advert click is worth the maximum, which is 0.5cents then that means each f2p user has to click 32 adverts a day to contribute as much as a p2p player. How many f2pers seriously even click one advert a day? I doubt that many.

Jagex made p2p because it made financial sense as the game grew larger and they needed to support more servers. They let people play a limited game for free in the hopes to get them hooked so that they buy p2p, there isn't really another reason for it.

Back to my original point, if f2p want more bank space for example they should have to pay for it, a lot are complaining they don't want to pay $5 because it gives them a lot of updates they don't want, so how about paying $2 a month to get the same bank space as a member? You aren't supposed to be alloweed to play runescape until you are 13+. over here from the age of 13 years you can get a paper round to earn that money.

minimum prices per click start at US$0.01 (up to US$0.50)

I don't know where you got the 0.5 cent part. But $ doesn't = cents

If you would like to confirm, please go to paragraph 3, sentence 3.

So 5 cents would be on the low side.

Jagex stated that 5 million people play on their website. Somewhere in June or July they stated they had a specific amount of members (I forgot number but i'm 100% sure it's less than 1 million.)

So let's average it out to a million. F2p outnumber p2p by 4x. If every f2p clicks one, they pay more than members. But how do we know some people don't click? We don't.

Sometimes people click on it just for fun, like those whacking games. That why Jagex has to change their method. A better method is to make a player watch an ad everyday, that way Jagex definitely gets the money.

I think that it's just to show adverts - not by click. You can't click on a television advert so why would they carea bout it on a website. Easy to scam with too..

I tihnk it's just to have them there - good price.

No point charging monthly because jagex has massive numbers. Also look on the link by frizoid. Many sites charge per click. What's the point of putting an ad up if everyone ignores it?

And if they do charge monthly, they can just charge what f2p server and stuff costs so at least they don't lose more money on it.

yes more effing bank space i have already filled my bank with a phat hat set a mask set santa bunnies [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] and every frickken holliday and like 3 randoms i keep most in my inven more space add meh tp petition

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

I am happy that you are fighting for what you want. I don't agree with you how ever i think f2p really needs as many spaces as you say. You say that you need 4 battlestaves well most people arent gunna have all those staves and most people arent gunna have all those rune or all those arrows. So thats like most people are gunna have the basics runes minus the staffs they have and they will have 2 bows and 2 sets of arrows. So i dont really agree but hey its worth a shot.

~Englandman66~

NEW TIPIT ACCOUNT-KNOTCH_BLADE

951471843knotch.jpg

Click For Bloggeh [Mage 55/55][Defence 26/40] Crafting[32/40]

Ok, I am a member and I have ALL the space I really need but I was once F2P and I know how yall feel. I hated having to drop some random thing I got because it would not fit in my bank. I think yall should have more space because of the new stuff that comes out. 12 space might work out but I really dont know.

I support your rally but truthfully I dont think Jagex is going to look at this post or much less even care....sorry.

Add me to the petition tho.

Sargas

RSN: Rightofwrong

Rightofwrong.png

Im always running out bank space. I had to get rid of all my holiday items (non tradable though). Add me please!

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."