What is "l33t" anymore anyways?

ssjgoku119

It really just kind of came to me when thinking about.. Skill total.

For you Scapers who were around with me back in the day, back when hitting the big "1337" or "l33t" skill total was a big, highly respected deal... I ask you, what is the new "l33t"?. Nowadays, is it just an item? a set? or a pixel'd hat...?

Is it bunny ears? I know I love mine

Is it a Scythe?

Is "l33t" now a higher total, perhaps 1700? In that case, why is it still "l33t".

Eh just a random question that popped in my mind, feel free to leave feedback.

Or maybe "l33t" is being there for your fellow man :wink:

Or in our case... Pixel'd Sprite

To end this spam fest, I think 1337 has become whatever a person wants it to be. That is why we have the Rate This! forum on tip.it. It is where people are gaining their 1337ness and showcasing it for the rest of us tip.iters to see.

ssigoy4.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

1337 is what any arrogant fool calls himself, no matter what his circumstances are 8-) .

You'll have as much defining 1337 as people do defining who is, and who isn't, a noob :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

1337 total used to be har fdwithout slayer farming and constuction but now you need yourskills an average lvl 60 to become l33t wat isnt so hard

then long ago it was an average lvl of about 70 that is a bit more and harder to achieve

maybe l33t is ineed 1700 or more now :D

1337 was originally created by the hacker group called the elite.

It had absolutely nothing to do with Runescape. It was a term that meant elite, for themselves. I'll stick with that for my answer.

yes it stands for being an "elite" - one of a kind - a hacker term

i think bunny ears are l33t :D and i love em there one of a kind ;)

-mega-

1337 skill total is 1337. Lol, its probably several things

1)firecape

2)90 in a skill other than firemaking +Cooking and Fletching which can be bought.

3)1.8k minimum skill total

4)of course a phat set

5) 126 Combat - Yeah, 99 prayer, now that's something to be proud of.

My amendments are in RED! :D

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

getting to lvl "1337" use to be very hard before we had agli, herb, farming, etc, but the the word leet in leet is 1337, so when someone says they are 1337 they just mean that they are really good but back when lvl 1337 was good its equal to like like 1700-1800+ now adays, but you really cant use it with the same meaning as what it use to be back when 1337 was good becasue then it ment a high lvl and in leet meant elite, now a leet total is just high not actully using leet

legends2.jpg

Well, I think the word has turned into nothing - just a way for people to look stupid. (This is my opinion of course)

waeldwade4jph.jpg

Runescape Status = RETIRED AS OF 15/08/2006

Combat 105, 1488 Total (I Beat the addiction :D)

Yea but what do i have to show for my time? Nothing but pixels
This is why Runescape is a WASTE OF TIME - smart man

Yep same here. :wink:

Most of the best players wear fire capes.

Definately not the best players. Maybe the best merchants though...they're the ones that can afford to do Fight Caves so many times. Most of the time, my stats will be better than a 123 with a Fire Cape. <.<

Well, I think the word has turned into nothing - just a way for people to look stupid. (This is my opinion of course)

your not the only 1 who thinks it makes they person saying it look dumb.

whats sad is 1337 skill total used to be good, and i agree it would be good f2p, but p2p, not so good. and yeah id say maybe before rc and slayer, 1337 skill total would be equal to 1600 possibly more.