Addition to Mining Guild - 60+ Support [Pics Added]

NJE03

heres an idea i posted on a different topic:mining and smithing guild should have some aggressive monsters which attack if you spend X amount of time only mining and banking

the bank could require a few coals to use, or require:

normal usage:

65 mining (second floor) for 12 coal and 2 addy ores

80 mining (third floor) for 16 coal and 2 rune ores

less usage:

75 mining (second floor) and 60 smithing for FREE

90 mining (third floor) and 80 smithing for FREE

and instead of having all in one room, have different caverns for each ore type, have the ores either only pop up to at a time in each room or completely randomly across the caverns to make it more disadvantageous for a autoer to mine constantly

F2P coal prices might take a fall though by just having a extra 2 mines in their area, or rise because of the coal required for these higher lvled ores within the dwarven mines

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres an idea i posted on a different topic:mining and smithing guild should have some aggressive monsters which attack if you spend X amount of time only mining and banking

the bank could require a few coals to use, or require:

normal usage:

65 mining (second floor) for 12 coal and 2 addy ores

80 mining (third floor) for 16 coal and 2 rune ores

less usage:

75 mining (second floor) and 60 smithing for FREE

90 mining (third floor) and 80 smithing for FREE

and instead of having all in one room, have different caverns for each ore type, have the ores either only pop up to at a time in each room or completely randomly across the caverns to make it more disadvantageous for a autoer to mine constantly

F2P coal prices might take a fall though by just having a extra 2 mines in their area, or rise because of the coal required for these higher lvled ores within the dwarven mines

Not bad.

What do you mean by:

"75 mining (second floor) and 60 smithing for FREE

90 mining (third floor) and 80 smithing for FREE"

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• 3 months later...

Any other opinion?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

ive seen a much longer version of this a few months ago

first of all, ur numbers are off, why make the level requirements 60,70,90, how bout 60 80 99? instead of ur random numbers

and there should be much less rune, this is like insane compared to current rune ore locations, and also find some sort of auto-preventing thing cuz this place would just be swarmed with macroers

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

ive seen a much longer version of this a few months ago

first of all, ur numbers are off, why make the level requirements 60,70,90, how bout 60 80 99? instead of ur random numbers

and there should be much less rune, this is like insane compared to current rune ore locations, and also find some sort of auto-preventing thing cuz this place would just be swarmed with macroers

To answer your first question, the answer is because those are number I chose to pick. They are not random at all though. I thought about them carefully.

Yes, most people have said the number of ores should be less.

As for auto preventing mechanism, I don't think this would be any use. The only solution to that would be for Jagex to find a way to ban them altogether.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I can understand adding more higher level ores such as adamnt and rune, but it should be fairly hard to rach these ores, such as a trip through a new area that has a few monsters. anyways, it should be a long trip to these ores so that the ones that reach these ores are the ones that are the most desperate. it shouldnt just be like mining coal in the mining guild, it should be like mining rune ores in the wilderness without the threat of pkers. Also there should only be 1 rock so that there is even mroe a disuassion and the market prices are not so dramatically effected.

Off-Topic: I dont even remember posting this....

On-Topic: Still support this, but after loking at it, the rune rock should be in a wilderness area that goes up 1 level every space. The rock is at the far back of the mine in level 50-55 wilderness and has one or two greater demons. This part is essentailly a crevice within the secondary part of the mine that everyone can go through (Well, maybe only P2P). The crevice is squeze through but does not require agility. Once you enter you get the wilderness warning. The path is 2-4 spaces wide. The Secondary part before that has the crevice is opened up by a cave-in of one of the guild's walls, possibly reflecting the amount of ore mined and visible on the surface. The cave in is reletively small - just a section of wall 2 spaces thick falling down to reveal a long pathway. To climb over the rubble you need to use your pickaxe or a crossbow grapple. Using your pickaxe could require 70 mining or whatever requirement is wanted. This pathway is riddled with scorpions, zombies, skeletons, spiders, maybe even some lesser demons at the end near the addamant rocks. The path is 6 spaces wide, the walls are lined with rocks, some unminable, some as low as clay or copper and tin. The quality of the rocks slowly gets better as this labourous pathway stretches on. The rocks on the way to the mine are only as good as coal, which is closer to the very end. The pathway leads to a gate similar to the one to enter the main guild from the dwarven mines. This gate blocks the way to the 80-90 mine, which has coal, mithril, addy and the crevice to the rune rock. There is an abundance of mithril (10 or so), not some many addy (~5) and plenty of coal (20). This part of the guild has no monsters in it, mainly because of the dwarves protecting it and is situated pretty much under the monastary. The path to the high-level mine also includes dwarves throughout mining ores and sometimes the monsters, often losing, but getting drunk if they win.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• 4 months later...

bump

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

lets think about this for 20sec... runite in easy, safe to access area, hmmm, I think I see a BIG problem... macroers around a rune rock, what are you thinking? Maybe add a couple more rune rocks around the other 2 in the wildy and add some decent monsters to the second lvls of the guild. Anyone with the time to work mining that much can get lvl 35 combat...

:wall: :wall: :wall: -my favorite smiley, now play EVE-online... do as I command

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

lets think about this for 20sec... runite in easy, safe to access area, hmmm, I think I see a BIG problem... macroers around a rune rock, what are you thinking? Maybe add a couple more rune rocks around the other 2 in the wildy and add some decent monsters to the second lvls of the guild. Anyone with the time to work mining that much can get lvl 35 combat...

:wall: :wall: :wall: -my favorite smiley, now play EVE-online... do as I command

Sounds like a decent solution to macros, nice.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

This is actually an ok idea.

I'd say leave the rune alone and take it out of the guild ur making. But make the whole guild 70+ first off. Then make a 85+ guild with 10 addy and 10 mith ores and maybe 25 coal. Rune is supposed to hard to get so it's understandable that theres only 5-6 rune rocks in runescape. But adding rune would drastically lower prices.

EDIT: 1300th post :thumbsup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

This is actually an ok idea.

I'd say leave the rune alone and take it out of the guild ur making. But make the whole guild 70+ first off. Then make a 85+ guild with 10 addy and 10 mith ores and maybe 25 coal. Rune is supposed to hard to get so it's understandable that theres only 5-6 rune rocks in runescape. But adding rune would drastically lower prices.

EDIT: 1300th post :thumbsup:

Yes I understand what you mean. There is at this moment about 3,800 players with 90+ mining. I only added the rune in there to add some real incentive. :P

Ok I get what you say about a lv70 guild but instead of a lv85 section it should definitely be 90+ to give an incentive to level past 85.

EDIT:Added support list.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

The mining guild is fine the way it is.

Why not think of a skill that doesn't even have a guild, such as Woodcutting, Agility or Thieving. IMO skills such as these should be considered before new additions to already existing guilds take place.

~Mar

Disconformity.png

Why not think of a skill that doesn't even have a guild, such as Woodcutting, Agility or Thieving. IMO skills such as these should be considered before new additions to already existing guilds take place.

~Mar

Because mining could use an update. The skills you mentioned have had plenty notable updates in recent years.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

~Mar

Because mining could use an update. The skills you mentioned have had plenty notable updates in recent years.

It's true, these skills have had some updates. The most significant being the Dragon Hatchet for Woodcutting. But why should the mining guild get a whole new 2 levels to it. Who knows, but the Dragon Pick could be on it's way, then wouldn't that be more fair?

IMO the mining guild has a plentiful amount of coal and it is justifiable why one should get 60 mining to enter the guild. Great, we have this vast amount of resources and have done for a long time, but are we taking it for granted and expecting more, yes. It is extremly viable to mine what ore you need around RuneScape, half the fun is finding it - Addamant: Possibily the dwarven mines? hey, isn't that right next to the mining guild. Runite: high wilderness, surely if you had a supply in a safe little guild it would be pilfered day in and day out. Having Runite ore in the wilderness creates that little more excitement and scarcity.

So is it such a good idea to add unnecessary levels to the mining guild? I think not.

Disconformity.png

~Mar

It's true, these skills have had some updates. The most significant being the Dragon Hatchet for Woodcutting. But why should the mining guild get a whole new 2 levels to it. Who knows, but the Dragon Pick could be on it's way, then wouldn't that be more fair?

IMO the mining guild has a plentiful amount of coal and it is justifiable why one should get 60 mining to enter the guild. Great, we have this vast amount of resources and have done for a long time, but are we taking it for granted and expecting more, yes. It is extremly viable to mine what ore you need around RuneScape, half the fun is finding it - Addamant: Possibily the dwarven mines? hey, isn't that right next to the mining guild. Runite: high wilderness, surely if you had a supply in a safe little guild it would be pilfered day in and day out. Having Runite ore in the wilderness creates that little more excitement and scarcity.

So is it such a good idea to add unnecessary levels to the mining guild? I think not.

Possibly, but the mining guild is still mediocre at best. As for your argument about rune being in the wilderness for "excitement" let me just inform you that trying to simply mine an ore while people are attempting to kill you - thus slowing down the process even more - Is neither fun nor exciting to me.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

~Mar

Possibly, but the mining guild is still mediocre at best. As for your argument about rune being in the wilderness for "excitement" let me just inform you that trying to simply mine an ore while people are attempting to kill you - thus slowing down the process even more - Is neither fun nor exciting to me.

Gives you something to keep you on the edge of your seat. :ohnoes:

Disconformity.png

This would be a good idea-just there shouldn't be so many addy ores, and there shouldnt be rune ores at all. The whole point of getting rune ores in F2P is that there is a risk(wildy), so if they had rune ores in the mining guild-everyone would ignore the wildy. More people would be mining rune ores-and the prices would drastically go down-affecting runescape economy.

i like the idea, as i already posted it to few months ago, so next time use search button maybe :)

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

Gives you something to keep you on the edge of your seat. :ohnoes:

I understand some people may enjoy that feeling, but I do not share that joy.

This would be a good idea-just there shouldn't be so many addy ores, and there shouldnt be rune ores at all. The whole point of getting rune ores in F2P is that there is a risk(wildy), so if they had rune ores in the mining guild-everyone would ignore the wildy. More people would be mining rune ores-and the prices would drastically go down-affecting runescape economy.
That is one possibility, though I personally believe it would even it's self out.

i like the idea, as i already posted it to few months ago, so next time use search button maybe :)
Well I posted this well over a year ago. Notice on the first post where it says "Aug 20, 2006" Therefore if the one you are referring to was indeed posted a mere few months ago they should be the one whom you are directing to the search tool. :wink:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

lol, i suggested it twice though, few months ago, and lots of time ago (over a year) dont really care about it though, you could search for my topic, and maybe use some stuff out it..

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

nah no rune ores and i think not because it will be so easy to get all those ores you dont have to walk far anymore and everything is close to a bank its like its everyday christmas there

How does 20 minutes turn into 2.5 hours? Was your math perhaps magical math?

klaus.jpg

lol, i suggested it twice though, few months ago, and lots of time ago (over a year) dont really care about it though, you could search for my topic, and maybe use some stuff out it..
I actually searched and could not find it. Maybe if you find me a link I can check it out. :)

I look forward to seeing it.

nah no rune ores and i think not because it will be so easy to get all those ores you dont have to walk far anymore and everything is close to a bank its like its everyday christmas there
I do love Christmas... <3:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif