Anti-Luring or Annoy the Noob Pkers

NukeMarine

So far, a few times people tried to lure me. None of them was I stupid enough to ACTUALLY bring all my money anywhere near the wild or some other dangerous areas. But it makes me wonder how you handle the Lures?

1. Ignore them - very basic, but they must expect it.

2. Report them - This is great. Ensure you have them in chat saying what they want to buy and the location they want you at. Normally, lurers don't have the money for the purchase increasing the evidence they were attempting to scam you. YES, LURING IS REPORTABLE AS ITEM SCAMMING per Jagex.

3. Annoy them - The Lumbridge dungeon lure is easy to annoy them as they expect you to start getting bug bites in time. They can't see you're carrying a Bullseye Lantern. When they don't trade, report them again for item scamming if a minute passed.

4. Hurt them - based on the two types of lures I experienced. The "I'm at the prayer guild" lure and the "I'm at the Edgeville Bridge" lure. I report them from their chats. Then I wear Black top and bottom, MSB with 20 rune arrows, ddp++, and some food.

For the prayer guild, he may have a partner for the "tag team" so bring a friend your level with no items to tie up the partner. Now, I arm my bow, put on special attack, auto-retaliate. On my prayer I select hawk-eye and melee protect. I run to the guild, the lurer attacks and gets wallopped fast. If he closes in, I switch to ddp++ and get couple more specials on him.

For the bridge it's more dangerous as it's multi-combat and you'll have 2+ guys on you. I go expecting to die. Same tactics as above, but again bring a buddy your level as that's the levels you'll be fighting. One ice barraged me while the other ran up and did ddp++, so it's particularly nasty sort of lure. They try to be smart and have the sap trade you (who then messages the partners to attack while you're weak). Here's what I do there, I trade, cancel trade, activate my prayers. By then the pkers have a hardened target.

The bridge lurer is tricky to report. They usually have a low level sap message you as the lurer. The real lurers claim they're "honest pkers" taking advantage of two noobs trading out in the wild. I still report their names if it's within a minute of combat.

Once, the "sap" had 2k deaths and 2k laws on him (my guess is to claim he had items for trade). Being at level 1 wild means he risks very little unless a pure pker jumps him.

I hate scammers. They know the rules, have no problem breaking them, then cry like babies when they get caught. Sure, they'll laugh at the ones they scam, but gods forbid they should lose something through their own actions. Lurers are the laziest. No better than the trimming scammer and password scammer. They give real pkers bad names.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

lol, i remember when i was merching whips a guy pmed me saying he would sell me as many whips as i needed. So i said 3 whips and he said im lagging and cant move come to edgeville bridge. I then went and saw him with nothing on me and said if your lagging and cant move how can you trade. He was like just trade me and i said no that parts in wildy. He tried saying it wasnt but i knew it was. After a whilei traded him and got attacked by loads of people. Just before i died i said "haha u noob u thought i would fally for that?". Ah it was funny, to me atleast.

rune,oolatuck.gif

Hyt me ingame pl0x!

Or if you have good friends around your level with nice mage, You can easily get some nice stuff :)

Go with a friend, one of you tb, the other barages (or blitz) and you kill the lurer and his bait.

For the bridge lure, i bring like 10 barages, owns the heck out of them, you can always run back and do it again with freinds :)

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Personally i never get anyone to try and lure me... i really actually want them too as i could call in my bro and whup butt... As for reporting they will message jagex but so far no one has been banned for it... (at least no one on another prominient fansite)

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

is giving a noob (lvl 50 at 40 wildy) a piece of mith and then walking north cuz i want him to kill at 54, is that luring? without telling them that youll give them more and just let them think you are friendly without you sad you wouldnt kill them?

mainly... i walk to 56 wildy and ask them if they want to go to lumi, most noobs ask whats lumi, lumbridge, please say that you want to lumi... ok, i want to lumi... and then... i pot and pray and pic my r2h and kill them by hitting 20+ twice... :-w

and i was once near scammed at edge... probemly you cant kill someone of your own lvl in 2 or 3 hits in lvl 1 wildy... f2p ftw!!!

~jwrm22~

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

That and they're total cowards too. Last week I got an Oziach lure message for the first time, someone desperate to buy an Ancient Staff for 190k (I had a Mage's Book, Ahrims, Verac Bras, Infinity Boots, Seers Ring, etc on, so he obviously knew I had the expensive items).

First I just deposited everything and took the staff there, sure enough I got Ice Blitzed by a loser in Ahrims. I gloried back to Edge, suited up in Black Hide, DDS, and Magic Bow, pots, and headed out to own that S.O.B.

When I saw him I spec'd him in the face offscreen, he put on some Rune, and I dds spec'd him for a 27 4. Guess what he did next? You got it, he ran :lol: .

And the best part about it is that I've never pk'd in my life :lol: . Scammers aren't just scum, they're flat out pathetic :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The saddest part is that these lures probably work enough times to justify in the minds of the lurers to risk banning by attempting it. Very sad.

I've yet to be scammed seriously. I've never been scammed in the wild (though I may have fallen for the 4 mystic item drop early on if it happened to me).

Moral I guess is if people played smarter (at least those with something to lose), then scammers would have no income base.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

/me reports jwrm22 for luring

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

For the bridge it's more dangerous as it's multi-combat and you'll have 2+ guys on you. I go expecting to die. Same tactics as above, but again bring a buddy your level as that's the levels you'll be fighting. One ice barraged me while the other ran up and did ddp++, so it's particularly nasty sort of lure. They try to be smart and have the sap trade you (who then messages the partners to attack while you're weak). Here's what I do there, I trade, cancel trade, activate my prayers. By then the pkers have a hardened target.

The bridge lurer is tricky to report. They usually have a low level sap message you as the lurer. The real lurers claim they're "honest pkers" taking advantage of two noobs trading out in the wild. I still report their names if it's within a minute of combat.

Once, the "sap" had 2k deaths and 2k laws on him (my guess is to claim he had items for trade). Being at level 1 wild means he risks very little unless a pure pker jumps him.

I was pking on my pure and walking from edgy to varrock for some multi pking. Saw a pure my lvl, bltiz speced him for the ko - he was flteching at edgy bridge. I always wondered why he was there - I just realised now :P Loot of a hundred or so shafts, sharks, a few blitz runes and quite a bit of pride in hitting 23,22,25 on my pure with potted and prayed specs + blitz. he didnt even have time to eat.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Yup very sad what ppl do on this game, I had one once, was selling santa, he offered 100k above what I wanted and said come to edge, I thought woot, this merchanting lark is a sinch :P When I got there he said come to pray guild, I instantly knew it was a lure, so banked all my stuuf, brought pk gear, black hides, whip, range, etc. he ice blitzed me in ahrims, i turn on pray and have no problem owning him, he ran away lol, maybe if i brought summin I mighta bagged myself a ahrims pk :P

Bdave.png

I have a friend who was told by a player to wear special robes and go into the brimhaven place where they attack you for wearing them. He lived but was then dragged by the same person into tribesmen where he got poisoned and died, leaving the lurer to get his stuff. He didn't report them as he thought that Jagex would take it that he just walked into tribesmen and died normally and not scammed.

runemrune,Mr%20Vegetabl2.gif

Legends Quest Completed 4th April 2007 Combat Level 79

Visit my blog! The MrVegetable Diaries

Yep, report them during your private chat. That the lurer is claiming he's buying something without the cash or items in his inventory is good proof he's scamming.

So he gets attacked and probably gets a black mark in time.

nukemarine.png

yes this is much fun, also i like to go with a full inventory of ashes or newcomer maps... :twisted: the only problem i have with reporting people is that the last time i reported someone for password scamming, jagex screwed up and banned ME INSTEAD! i sent in a ban appeal and they said, oops, sorry, our bad.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

When this happens to me, I bring a whole inventory full of ashes, and one red bead. Then, when they see the death pile, it looks like a santa! One guy completey freaked out when I did this once.[/i]

You act like the game community is like the stinking bowels of hell.... In all reality.. its much.. much... worse.

untitled6kv7.gif