asians...

amazizing333

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a high school that had a large Asian population (especially Chinese and Korean students), so I can tell them apart pretty well. At least, I can usually tell if someone is Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Vietnamese (well, or Indian); differences greater than that, I find difficult.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Can you tell an American from an Australian just by looking at them? (Not hearing them talk lol).

Unless you're talking about caucasian americans..No you can't because there are black americans, native americans, hispanic americans, asian americans, and white americans,etc, etc,etc... They're all just as american as the other.Except native americans being the only *real* americans. -.-

Can you tell an American from an Australian just by looking at them? (Not hearing them talk lol).

Unless you're talking about caucasian americans..No you can't because there are black americans, native americans, hispanic americans, asian americans, and white americans,etc, etc,etc... They're all just as american as the other.Except native americans being the only *real* americans. -.-

It would be very difficult to tell Australians apart anyways, considering that the whites there are mixes of Irish and English. However, telling an Aborigine apart from other black ethnicities is fairly easy by facial features, etc.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I can usually tell the Aussies from the Yanks in the city. It's in the way they carry themselves.

Then again, "Aussie" goes all the way from Anglo-Irish to Samoan to Chinese. That's the great part about Australia.

Yeah I meant causasian americans and caucasian australians jeez, dont turn it into some racist thing.. #-o :roll: WAS JUST A DAMN EXAMPLE SORRY FOR NOT BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT :-w Next time I'll be sure to mention 'caucasian americans and causasian australians' so you dont think I'm comparing aboriginals and 'hispanic americans' :?

Never said it was all looks. I also included language, accent, and dialect in there. Cultures are a facet of ethnicity though, not a prime factor.

While genetic phenotype is?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Look its easy to tell. If you live/orginate in north america you can tell if someone is from texas or jersey. If you live/originate in Europe you can tell if someone is Irish, Welsh, French, German. If you originate/live in asia you can tell whether they are Afghan, Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Bangladeshi etc.

It becomes really easy when you get used to it. Those people that can't tell the difference really havent seen much of the world people that can will know that different races etc have different skin colour tones, face complexion, height etc.

For instance South Indians are shorter than North Indians and speak different languages however common indian tongue is of course Hindi.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

On a side note, I find it extremely easy to distinguish people from Japan and China, and especially distinguishing between Korean, Japanese and Chinese letters. When you get used to them, it's easy to tell which one is which. :)

Japanese has several styles of writing. Some of them are more how English uses the alphabet while another style kanji is the typical character-based writing, pretty much identical to chinese characters - hence the reason why I can read some Japanese kanji :-). Korean characters are different (more circles =P) and I believe Vietnamese writing uses letters and such.

cescsig.jpg

On a side note, I find it extremely easy to distinguish people from Japan and China, and especially distinguishing between Korean, Japanese and Chinese letters. When you get used to them, it's easy to tell which one is which. :)

Japanese has several styles of writing. Some of them are more how English uses the alphabet while another style kanji is the typical character-based writing, pretty much identical to chinese characters - hence the reason why I can read some Japanese kanji :-). Korean characters are different (more circles =P) and I believe Vietnamese writing uses letters and such.

Yeah, and the letters are more straight and a bit less "artistic" (not in a bad way, just my observation). 8-) The circles give it away too, but actually everybody I know can't distinguish between asian letters. C'mon...

What kind of asian?

Hm. I'm Canadian Chinese with some Mongol and Thailandese blood.

What languages?

Spoken Cantonese only. {like in the other post, I barely know Mandarin.}

Maybe you need another thread to start that poll, Amazizing.

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

Very few people know the true meaning of "Asian." When most people think of the word "asian" they think of East Asians. Other asians, such as South Asians (India, etc) arent covered by the term "asian".

And yes you can tell Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese people from each other. It isn't that hard if you can pick out the features of each group. Personally, Vietnamese and Korean are the easiest to identify, Chinese/Japanese are slightly more difficult.

What kind of asian?

Hm. I'm Canadian Chinese with some Mongol and Thailandese blood.

What languages?

Spoken Cantonese only. {like in the other post, I barely know Mandarin.}

Maybe you need another thread to start that poll, Amazizing.

ur chinese too? lol, we r very similar, i'm chinese except i only speak cantonese, very little mandarin... ::'

I have a teensy weensy itty bitty bit of Chinese as well as Japanese in me. b/c I have so many other things in me. I'm like uber mixed. lol Thats what happens when your an american...lol Anyways I don't speak Chinese or Japanese. Although my mom remembers a little from when she went to this one Japanese School in Hawaii. She tought my brother how to count to ten...but I was off learning how to count to ten in Korean. lol. Which comes to the fact that I know a teany tiney bit of Korean since I take Taekwondo. (as well as hopkido and Judo. but I haven't really learned any Japanese in Class...)

NO i cant tell the difference. the only thing i know is if i see one driving get away as fast as i can. and that the school two citys over that is 90% asian has the highest math scores and the lowest english scores.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I'm Asian meself, Chinese Indonesian.

Speak Malay, English, Chinese Vulgarities(Hokkien, Canto, you name it, I say it)

I find it pretty simple to distinguish the different types of Asians, be it Chinese, Malay, Japanese, Korean, Viet, Thai, Filipinos.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

I'm Filipino/Chinese/Applicable Master Race of the Time.

I speak English, Tagalog, Bicol, some Mandarin, passable German, as well as Australian, which is a separate language in and of itself.