P-Mod Advantage?

Vashinred

I was metcheting on world 2 and through all the crap, i saw one P Crown though my chat was on Freinds. So I am pretty sure that alot of the Poeple who Sell or buy on World 2 do that wouldent he Have the best and easyiest time selling anything no matter what? even on a server with 600 or less poeple would still see his/her crown and be like "whoa, importent, better look at what he said Just in case its about me".

Could any Real P-mods shed light on this or is it actully harder becuase poeple would ask random questions about what the Crown means? (in a less crowded world of course)

It has its advantages like you said. You get more attention, hence it being useful if you want to sell things. But at the same time, it's bad in cases - because of all the attention you do get. I'm pretty much restating what you said, but you really answered your own question. There's probably a slight advantage to selling, and there are also disadvantages. That's just what comes with the crown + chat override that jagex deemed necessary for pmods to have.

i dont generally advertise this, but i am a p-mod, and buying and selling on full worlds does get difficult. everyone has a question and trades, whether they are buying or selling what u are offering.. i wouldnt call it an advantage by any means.

my rsn is Prostar

i dont generally advertise this, but i am a p-mod, and buying and selling on full worlds does get difficult. everyone has a question and trades, whether they are buying or selling what u are offering.. i wouldnt call it an advantage by any means.

It's not a huge advantage but subconsciously I do think people's attention are slightly bent towards what a pmod says than regular players text. Not that we really choose to - just the crown often subconsciously draws our gaze. Again, it's no significant advantage, but it's still there.

When being a P-Mod you have some advantages and some dis-advantages.Some of the advantages are: Your text being seen by everyone definately good for sitautions like w2, more respect from players. Some dis-advantages are that many people ask you questions about the agme and about the rules, you also get the people that disrespect you and flame you without you being able to insult them back.

All in all I would find it a very great experience to be a P-mod.

Rkolegendkil.png

As well as trying to sell stuff, i think player mods have an advantage when hirring runners at world 16 air alter, i have seen practically all the runners trading with him and not with us... :?

Also, the dude ranked 1st for runecrafting (i forgot his rsn) is a pmod. Conincidence? i think not...

But i understand the being a player mod would be a burden with the responsibility etc. but also an honour i guess...

heartogoldcopy1oo5cv.jpg

A big shout-out to o0samurai0o for the awesome sig!!!

Members is hawt

101 Combat

{Live Fast. Die Young. Leave A Good Looking Corpse}

its an advantage when ur merching but its like really annoying walking in f2p lands and they be like OMG loeks der is liek a pm0d

If you're not a Pmod it's "free stuff please i just got scammed".

It's an obvious advantage and a privellege who some have earned, yes I said some because these days Jagex just seem to pick random people who happen to be report trigger happy to be player moderators. Although for when they are followed or annoyed for the fact that they have a crown it is simple to just ignore those people.

deadforumslol.png

A lot of P-Mods are real jerks and are power hungry.

But not all of them are like that. I have like 5 P-Mods on my friends list and they're really good people.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

My friend that is a Player Moderator and he says that it is a huge advantage because your attention is imediatly directed to them...

Matter of oppinion, and not taking advantage.

Merry Crimbo!

signatureof0.gif

Click on my signature to see my NEW blog!

Clicky here to see my YouTube videos! http://www.youtube.com/volkswagen99videos

Well I dont see my crown as an advantage, because people in crowded worlds bever seem to find me :(

And I cant spam my sale as everyone else does.

AND I cant have my PC on so ppeople can see where I am because I would get thousands of questions through pc

If you're not a Pmod it's "free stuff please i just got scammed".

So true... :wall:

evilgizm0ld8.gif

Sig by WeeBoab

Well I think they made it that way so that if the p mod has to talk to someone, the p mod is certain the message gets through even if the person puts to friends or off. For selling and buying, yup, it's an unfair advantage. But atleast in the first place, it wasn't made to give an unfair advantage, that's just how it turned.

2480+ total

I think that player mods have a big advantge in this case. Alot of people is like you is saying like: "Oh, a player mod! I must check what he did say.".

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Pmod Advantages

Friends/hide/off chat doesn't work on you [muahaha]

Ya get the legendary mute stick :twisted:

Pmod Disadvantages

"Excuse me, Mr. Pmod, sir, how did you get that crown, wanna be friends, will you sign my bronze sq, Mr. Pmod?!"

It's in your best interests to have public chat on the majority of the time [urrrghh]

You can never have a second of peace in the free worlds when buying limps from hill giant slayers :|

--

So... It's a ratio of 2 : 3 there, I could go on though, of course.

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

Pmod Advantages

Incorrect, I have a friend whose a player mod and he cannot see if you are online if you set private off or friends. The only difference is their message remains on your screen if you do turn it to friends or off.

We tested it

inferno_char.png

Pmod Advantages

Incorrect, I have a friend whose a player mod and he cannot see if you are online if you set private off or friends. The only difference is their message remains on your screen if you do turn it to friends or off.

We tested it

Umm... Yeah, that's just what I meant? Player mod messages can break through hide/off/friends public chat, duh... :roll:

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

Ums, it bypasses the filter - tis all.

For the advantage - it's somewhat usefull when you are selling, easier for other people but you don't get better trades. if someone is standing right next to you selling a rune plate for 10k less than you, they will probably go to that person.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

I think the only real places Player moderators have is during wilderness wars, or while selling items. they have the advantage of getting their words seen by everyone no matter what.

Reticked.png

189th to achieve "100" firemaking

oooo!!! a p- mod!!! lol, i actually have a question for u: how do u mute some1? is it in the options? i doubt that because: "lets see... trade fakeplayer123... oops! i accidently muted him!". do u have to press control and shift and right clik player and mute at the same time?

on topic: i think they have advantages because they get a lot more attention, but the disadvantage is the same thing as the advantage. u get to much attention! but i still wanta be P-mod! ::'