Weapon Speeds/Attack Animations.

NJE03

Basicaly I think that all weapons should not have an exact speed as they do now, I think they should hit within a range, for example if a weapon hits every 2 seconds currently, perhaps it could be changed to hit anywhere from 1-3 seconds just depending on luck.

Also maybe while attacking you could hit from one side and then come around from the other instead of just hitting the same repeatitive way over and over. Maybe changeing stance or doing various attack animations.

In my opinion this could make combat training a little more interesting not to mention make pvp a bit more exciting because you never know if your opponent is going to attack swiftly or slower.

Input from PrOfEsIoNaL:

I can give you some suggestions on the damage.

Damage:

Front: X 1.

Side: X 1.5.

Back: X 2.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Any more comment?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• 5 months later...

Support. The runescape combat system is very boring the way it is, I would love to see maybe a different attack each time or some better graphics for that.

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

I here replied in some post some time ago about more animations in combat, i think i support.

Then maybye must be possibility to kill with 1 hit like you cutted head.. but mage then must be able to do something more terrible or ranger too.. :)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

I here replied in some post some time ago about more animations in combat, i think i support.

Then maybye must be possibility to kill with 1 hit like you cutted head.. but mage then must be able to do something more terrible or ranger too.. :)

I don't know about 1 hit kill lol. That seem a little bit too much.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

This suggestion 1 year anniversary was Sept. 23, Thanks for the bump whoever did that. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I agree with the hitting changes but not the moving around

50% Support

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

yes great idea but if u hit max hit u hit opnents head/ closest thing 2 head if its sort of a medium hit for u in the main body and if very little damage done u sort do a glancing blow and if 0 your weapon just mises completly same sort of things with arrows but not sure how to do with mages maybe the spell knocks the enemy back a bit and they say some latin word to get with the spell (the word wud not come up in chat box though) and maybe just maybe a skill for defense and a new skill for dodging

yes great idea but if u hit max hit u hit opnents head/ closest thing 2 head if its sort of a medium hit for u in the main body and if very little damage done u sort do a glancing blow and if 0 your weapon just mises completly same sort of things with arrows but not sure how to do with mages maybe the spell knocks the enemy back a bit and they say some latin word to get with the spell (the word wud not come up in chat box though) and maybe just maybe a skill for defense and a new skill for dodging

I agree. This is kinda off topic but if u've played rainbow 6 vegas on ps3 or xbox360 if u hit the guy it the head there dead or there like soo close too being dead so in this if u hit the guy in the head it should hit higher. And 1 more thing when u pick what skill u want xp on u should be able too pick if u want too hit them in the head or the body. Ur less likly too hit the head but if it hits it hits high. The body u are more likly too hit more and it just hits lower.

98% of the Tip.it Community has a signature. If you are one of the 2% that doesn't, put this in your... aww crap.....

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Maybe also add that if your attack level is higher, your chance of hitting faster is improved.

Also a few things to add from a similar topic I posted a while ago:

If you have no shield and you get hit for a 0, why does it still look like you got hit for damage? This should be changed so you'd just block with your hands. Much like when you attack a man/woman.

Similarly, when you are wielding a shield and get hit for damage, you should not look like you've just blocked the hit. Make it similar to the swarm attacking you.

Also if there is a barrier between you and your target who cannot attack across the barrier (with hally, mage, range, etc., wait, no etc. that's about it) it should look like your target is making an effort to attack you, and not just standing there passively.

Just a few suggestions ::'

Maybe also add that if your attack level is higher, your chance of hitting faster is improved.

If you have no shield and you get hit for a 0, why does it still look like you got hit for damage? This should be changed so you'd just block with your hands. Much like when you attack a man/woman.

Similarly, when you are wielding a shield and get hit for damage, you should not look like you've just blocked the hit. Make it similar to the swarm attacking you.

Also if there is a barrier between you and your target who cannot attack across the barrier (with hally, mage, range, etc., wait, no etc. that's about it) it should look like your target is making an effort to attack you, and not just standing there passively.

+1.

Perhaps if a warrior with a solid shield (no mind shield etc) is attacked by arrows, and it hits a 0, arrows stick in the shield, and then are pulled out by the warrior after 5 seconds combat.

Mage robes attacked by arrows or melee should have slashes in them, which the mage magically repairs under his hand after 5 seconds combat.

Dragonhide can have scorch marks if attacked by a fire spell, which the ranger rubs off?

The list is endless, and I support them.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

+1.

Perhaps if a warrior with a solid shield (no mind shield etc) is attacked by arrows, and it hits a 0, arrows stick in the shield, and then are pulled out by the warrior after 5 seconds combat.

Mage robes attacked by arrows or melee should have slashes in them, which the mage magically repairs under his hand after 5 seconds combat.

Dragonhide can have scorch marks if attacked by a fire spell, which the ranger rubs off?

The list is endless, and I support them.

iam not sure how 2 really use the quote button so at the mo iam quting the hole thing but iam mainly focusing on the bit about the armour actually being visably assulted.

i like this a lot as it wud actually show combat being done and wud stop contless peeps who say runescape is rubish from having any argument (apart from the fact u dont actually hit the tree wen wcing)

and u cud have slash marks overe your plate if attacked by an animall and loads of other things....

loads....

LOADS I TELL U LOADS!!!

I like the idea of the the scratch, rips, and burns a lot. It would be really cool :D

Attack speed, yeah sure.

Decapitation, forget it. But the kill should be like a powerful reverse slash (like the way you smack someone with the back of your hand) and the enemy ands up propulsed a space away. A big blast of water/fire/rocks/wind blows the foe away for magic, and a few arrows (only uses one arrow from your quiver, but animates as a few) hit the monster in the forehead, in his arm, and in his leg; he goes flying one space away (or spins and falls on his belly).

Sounds good to me, and with the skillcape emotes, I'm not thinking it's impossible with Java.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Yes! Yes! Absolutely. Although I'm not sure about the decapitation thing, I think that having different animations for for hitting in different ways would be great. Speed idea is brilliant as well.

Support!!

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.