F2P Range Armor

Range 1 - Leather

Range 1 - Hard Leather

Range 20 - Studded

Range 40 - Green D'hide

F2P Mage Armor

Mage 1 - Blue Robe

Mage 1 - Black Robe

P2P Mage has Mystic, Splitbark, Infinity and Lunar.

Maybe Mystic, or one colour of Mystic could become F2P? The top robe could also require Dragon Slayer to be worn. (Rune plate and Green D'hide are both at 40 and require the quest)

If not Mystic, then maybe some new type of mage armor?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y dont u just pay 5$ and get members? then u will have plenty of mage amour and if u carnt afford 5$ a month shut up and dont complain bout f2p

Join Pure Chaos best aussie based pure clan around, click my banner for link to our forums

purechaosza8.jpg

y dont u just pay 5$ and get members? then u will have plenty of mage amour and if u carnt afford 5$ a month shut up and dont complain bout f2p

Typical, Arragant, members player.

I beleive f2p should have SOME mage armor. I attempted f2p pking as a mage and it was quite hard ebcause I would always get basehed around. I'd feel better with that extra protection on my bones

Blue mystic should be droped down to f2p

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Im getting really sick of these F2p asking for more stuff. And even more so when an idiot p2p just give the old fashion one liner"pay 5 dollars" though it may be true, support it better. F2p just got a massive update with new monsters, teleport and other rewards. be happy with what you got. Although the f2p mage armour may be poor, you should remember Jagex does the purposely as a gimmic. Hence, not as many people would join if f2p and p2p were remotley same. Its quite obvious that Jagex has no plans on giving f2p p2p items, as this has never happened before.

Its better to be judged by twelve, than to be carried by six.

First of all, FTP is not a "demo". It was around even before members. Non-members have no effective mage armour whatsoever. Range and melee armour is sufficiant, it can get the job done, but mages have absolutely terrible armour selection in non member. I think an armour even weaker than the weakest members mage armour would even be a great improvement.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Typical, Arragant, members player.

I beleive f2p should have SOME mage armor. I attempted f2p pking as a mage and it was quite hard ebcause I would always get basehed around. I'd feel better with that extra protection on my bones

Blue mystic should be droped down to f2p

i resent that. When f2p people ask for new things over and over, members get annoyed...cause we PAY MONEY for the things we have, its annoying when f2p just wants new updates and stuf when they've gotten the most ever in a year in the history of the game. Now, f2p...can't you be satisifed with the generous updates jagex has given you and relax a little...Now back to the suggestion...not a bad one, f2p may need a new armor but make it like a lvl 25-30 thing...the reason there is no f2p mage armor is cause mages can do so much and are so powerful from long distance.

First of all, FTP is not a "demo". It was around even before members. Non-members have no effective mage armour whatsoever. Range and melee armour is sufficiant, it can get the job done, but mages have absolutely terrible armour selection in non member. I think an armour even weaker than the weakest members mage armour would even be a great improvement.

If it wasn't before, it is now :thumbsup:

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

If it wasn't before, it is now :thumbsup:

The way i see it, ftp is the basic game itself and membership is more of an expansion. Anyways, sorry to get off topic, it is just annoying to me when people use the word demo to describe ftp since to me it is much more than that.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Geese guys you don't have to completely rip on him :x

Come on! If you were ever f2p and you got decent stats before becoming a member and didn't get membership when you were lvl 4 then you would know how he feels!

-.- I doubt they'll make mystic f2p but maybe some other lvl armour requiring 10 or 20 magic nothing great ,but something.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

The way i see it, ftp is the basic game itself and membership is more of an expansion. .

expansion = new things, so that means members get the new things, simple really, whether its a demo or not is irrelevant, mystic wont be dropped to f2p

however i do support the guy above me's idea, a lower lvl mage armour thats just slightly less sucky than blue robes

anyone though that mage robes could just be upgraded? and priests gowns left as the bad ones... say te "new" mage robes are just given better attack bonouses towards mage.... also f2p have mage ammys which you next to never see members wearin because they have glories etc...

a simple upgrade of what they got, i like the whole idea of encouragin more people to get into mage or any skill really, if mage armour f2p wasnt so bad ... you'd have more mages and their mage lvl need not go above lumby teleport. yes?

maybe some new spells? though there are some already

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

Its quite obvious that Jagex has no plans on giving f2p p2p items, as this has never happened before.

Oh really? So, Iron, Steel, Mith and Addy arrows have always been f2p? Oak, Maple and Willow long and shortbows, too, eh? And I suppose trimmed armor spawns somewhere in the f2p world, too, right? Sure it does, because "it's quite obvious Jagex has no plans on giving f2p p2p items, as this has never happened before." :roll:

Check your facts; when it was determined that Rangers were at a disadvantage, Jagex made most of the p2p Ranger weapons f2p to provide some balance. And while not all treasure trails items are tradeable to f2p, some are, which shows that JAgex didn't want the members to hoard all the TT stuff just to show off to the f2pers.

If Jagex at some point decides that f2p mage robes are insufficient to the task of keeping the pvp triangle balanced, then they will very likely either bump some p2p armor to f2p or create a new set of mage armor that will be available to both.

I support the idea. I'm no pker, nor do I train mage very often, but having the only choice of defense equipment be blue or black is, well, boring. Not to mention they do squat at protecting you from more than a sneeze. Actually, I don't even think they protect you from that. The only thing mage robes give you are a paltry magic bonus, which only makes a difference when it's combined with other bonuses like ammys, prayers or a Wizard's Mind Bomb.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

To Dargon: I agree with you on the most part. But you say that rangers got all that stuf because they were disadvantaged. Yes, they were disadvantaged. But mages are NOT disadvantaged right now. Don't make me make my lists of comparing the combat triangle...And yeah, so F2P will not get this, P2P probably won't get any more mage armor for a while.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

To Dargon: I agree with you on the most part. But you say that rangers got all that stuf because they were disadvantaged. Yes, they were disadvantaged. But mages are NOT disadvantaged right now. Don't make me make my lists of comparing the combat triangle...And yeah, so F2P will not get this, P2P probably won't get any more mage armor for a while.

Of course P2P won't get any new mage armor for a while!

Hello? Lunar Diplomacy?

Of course P2P won't get any new mage armor for a while!

Hello? Lunar Diplomacy?

Using your thinking, F2P won't get any updates at all for a while. Hello? Stronghold of Security? I don't know if you spport this or not, but if you do, stop contradicting yourself.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I think there should be a completely new ftp robe that is weaker than any members robe (so people maybe complain less?) but better than the blue robes, which stink.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif