Suggestion to reduce number of scams!!

Fuzzy

I think i've got a great suggestion to reduce the number of scams

everybody knows that you're supposed to read the confirmation window, but after you've been standing there trying to get a buyer for half an hour, once you get a buyer you want to just breeze through the whole thing. As a result you miss the confirmation window and you get scammed sometimes. I say that Jagex should put a countdown timer on the window and hide the buttosn for 5 secs or something to make you slow down and read the thing.

I think it would be really helpful to the people who constantly get scammed. And since i'm not a member, I can't really make a suggestion so if a member reads this could you please make the suggestion for me?

thx

canuckskilltheavalanche3ea.jpg

pwned

This is one of the best suggestions I have ever seen! I really hope this goes through. I have been scammed on this second-window-fast-away thing sometimes, so this surerly will prevent alot of people from being scammed!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I dont want to wait because people are dumb enough not to check the 2nd trade screen.

agreed, instead if making jagex make a new update for the people who refuse to check the screen and blame jagex, why dont you use a little thing i like to call common sense?

clansig7.gif

I dont want to wait because people are dumb enough not to check the 2nd trade screen.

agreed, instead if making jagex make a new update for the people who refuse to check the screen and blame jagex, why dont you use a little thing i like to call common sense?

notice that i said going standing there trying to sell something for an hour. After waiting for that long, it's very natural for people to be like

"yes! i got it i'm finally gonna get [insert item here]" and they get so excited and they start clicking through the thing.

and thanks a lot shane for suggesting it:):)

canuckskilltheavalanche3ea.jpg

pwned

also from lag, this is a mistake ive made once or twice :oops:

clicked accept a few times on the first screen because it was lagging and without me even seein that anythin has been changed they got away with my... i duno, rune... thing

i think its a good idea

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

I have a little story-

I'm in world one trying to sell 10k airs and one guy trades me a zammy skirt for 10ks airs. We both accepted and it was a fair trade.

I didn't want the skirt so i decide to sell it.

I get a trade from one player and he offers 500k. we both click accept and then he clicks decline.

We trade again and again and the same thing happens.

Then i trade him and and he puts up 400k for the skirt and clicks accept on both screens

After waiting half an hour trying to and sell the skirt i thought 'fianlly' and click accept without thinkng.

Turns out he only put up 40k and 12 swordfish.

Some people are eager to get a trade because of scammers who always decline and this gets annoying.

Overall, I think it is a great idea to stop scammers.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

ive just read this whole thing again (oh god i must be bored) and it occured to me, what if someone joined runescape today with the new system in place then tried to trade somethin but didnt understand you ad to wait for the trade?..... just a thought

maybe add trading into the tutorial at the very beginning

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

definitely. So far, I've never been a victim to any rule-breaker, of any sort, scammer or otherwise, but I know lotsa people who have.

All for it

"Dost hath not giveth thy name 'noob' to thy brethren...

...Or thou art must considereth thyself a noob as well."

That's a very good idea! :D

You have my full support! :D

No more scammers! :evil:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

no way... ess runing will be to slow... and i can make many many trades/ min and why do you dudes dont look the second trade screen?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined