Make Money - Grow Ranarrs! v2

DeadPolkaDots1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DeadPolkadots,

I am currently keeping an excel of all plantings and harvests. I wanted to get at least 100 results so we had a more accurate idea on average harvest results. At the moment my average harvest is 6.67.

Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Lol. I got 450 ranaar leaves in the bank. I hadn't considered selling them though, I'd rather make the pots. I have never bought a ranaar seed at 15-20k but the profits are certainly worthwhile.

Nice guide.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

:shock: Thought my guide had died. :P Thanks for the comments.

Hey DeadPolkadots,

I am currently keeping an excel of all plantings and harvests. I wanted to get at least 100 results so we had a more accurate idea on average harvest results. At the moment my average harvest is 6.67.

Keep up the good work!

Can't wait to see the results! This would provide an excellent insight into the exact profit margin. Well done. :thumbsup:

@ Stackfast : As mentioned in my guide, this is by no means an 'Ultimate farming guide', there are many other guides out there which do that (try Dr.Toxic's guide) Thanks for the suggestion though.

I now grow Snapdragon but the same principal applies for all you 'budding' ( :oops: ) farmers!

Zatrance out. <3:

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

I like to use this guide as I seem to make a lot of profit from it. The only problem I have is finding buyers for my prayer potions

maybe some advice on how to get to lvl 32 farming, im lvl 16 at the moment and am not shore how to train my farming fro here.

like what should i grow?

Nothing, complete Tears of Guthix instead and use the skill boosts from that to get to 32 farming (if farming is your lowest skill).

runemrune,Mr%20Vegetabl2.gif

Legends Quest Completed 4th April 2007 Combat Level 79

Visit my blog! The MrVegetable Diaries

not bad of a guide, but maybe add that you can get them from hunting the giant mole (reward nests) or regular nests found while cutting trees, although the chances are once again not 100%

I must correct you. You can only get tree seeds from nests, not herb seeds. :wink:

sigdu0.gif

Thanks for the comments. I seriously think I have been cursed by writing about Barrowing using your prayer pots, since typing that, I've had a 51 dry streak. :?

Anyways, thanks again, keep 'em coming! :D

sigdu0.gif

Can you put multiple nature amulets on multiple patches? :uhh:

I have wondered this but have never bothered to ask.

Sadly, no. You can only ever have one nature amulet at one time and once enchanted they become untradeable. A tip, if you are chain farming, or growing trees, is to attach your amulet to the last patch. When it bleeps, you will know all previous patches have grown. :thumbsup:

Iannubzor- You come barrowing with me and you will get a spear, seriously it's not even funny. :( <3:

sigdu0.gif

not bad of a guide, but maybe add that you can get them from hunting the giant mole (reward nests) or regular nests found while cutting trees, although the chances are once again not 100%

I must correct you. You can only get tree seeds from nests, not herb seeds. :wink:

Actually, the nests from the giant mole (trading claws and mole skins to wyson) can hold allotment seeds, tree seeds, and RANARR seeds. They also dont stack in your bank with seed filled nests from trees.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Actually, the nests from the giant mole (trading claws and mole skins to wyson) can hold allotment seeds, tree seeds, and RANARR seeds. They also dont stack in your bank with seed filled nests from trees.

I realised that, but haven't had enough time to edit my post, sorry to the original poster for misguiding you. :|

sigdu0.gif

Sadly, no. You can only ever have one nature amulet at one time and once enchanted they become untradeable. A tip, if you are chain farming, or growing trees, is to attach your amulet to the last patch. When it bleeps, you will know all previous patches have grown. :thumbsup:

Iannubzor- You come barrowing with me and you will get a spear, seriously it's not even funny. :( <3:

You might want to also add that you should have the patch on troll stronghold last because that one will never die. If the last patch dies then you won't find out when the other patches are done.

P.S. You might also want to add that on more populated worlds, things take longer to grow than on a server with less people. Believe me, I've been farming ranarrs since lvl 32 farming. :D

Nitemare423.gif

You might want to also add that you should have the patch on troll stronghold last because that one will never die. If the last patch dies then you won't find out when the other patches are done.

P.S. You might also want to add that on more populated worlds, things take longer to grow than on a server with less people. Believe me, I've been farming ranarrs since lvl 32 farming. :D

Wow, really? Has this been proven? I wont add anything to the guide until I know for sure, but that's interesting. I'll add the tip on the Troll Strongold patch later. Thank you, and nice farming lvl. :wink: :D

sigdu0.gif