inexplicably untradable items

ixfd64

Are there any items that are untradable but that you think should be tradable, or items that you don't see a reason for being untradable?

Well, here are mine:

Firelighters - they're not quest items. Plus, they're the only treasure trail item that is currently untradable.

Spirit seeds and bird eggs - they don't seem to be quest items.

Also, I noticed an inconsistency about quest rewards. For example, elemental shields can be traded but can't be worn by those who have not completed the quest, and Legends capes can't be traded at all.

Hmm...

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Yeah fire lighters are annoying - I hate to burn them so 3 bank spaces taken up.

The new magic ess potion from fairy tail part 2 should be tradable (+3 mage) is untradable - and the higher lvl regualr potion adapted in some way to compensate.

Always buying;

Seaweed @ 400ea

Green DHides @1500ea

Blue DHides @ 1800ea

Legends capes can't be traded at all

Of course the legends cape can't be traded. You need to have certain lvls to acomplish.

If you read the OP's post you will realise what a silly answer that is :)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Slayer gem?

Bots of Lightness? :?

Give me one good reason why those shouldn't be tradeable?

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

There is a lot of abnormalities in Runescape like this, like why can you trade a New Crystal Shield but you can't trade crystal teleport gems :(

I think Jagex get's a bit lazy or has future plans maybe

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Slayer gem?

Not saying it's a good reason, but I suspect that the reason that the slayer gem isn't tradeable is because you could then borrow someone else's whilst you were slaying to find out how many kills are left for your task... Meaning you would save an inventory space.

As I say, not a good reason....

Mordendravid.png

Slayer gem?

Not saying it's a good reason, but I suspect that the reason that the slayer gem isn't tradeable is because you could then borrow someone else's whilst you were slaying to find out how many kills are left for your task... Meaning you would save an inventory space.

almost as if jagex intentionally tries to screw us over :shock:

the strangest in my opinion is how you can't trade LIT lanterns, like bullseye lantern. But when you extinguish the light, you can trade them <.<

This is cuz they make you have the required firemaking level to light it, or there be no point...

And whats more stupid is that slayer equipment is tradeable...Leaf spear is ftl... <.<

I really wish that spice for Evil Stew would be not only tradable, but also have combinable doses (3 and 1 make 4). Evil Stew has a practical use in the game outside of the quest, and it should be treated as such. You can't stockpile it in your bank because you need a slot for one-dose, two-dose, three-dose, and four-dose- it's needlessly impractical.

the strangest in my opinion is how you can't trade LIT lanterns, like bullseye lantern. But when you extinguish the light, you can trade them <.<

This is cuz they make you have the required firemaking level to light it, or there be no point...

And whats more stupid is that slayer equipment is tradeable...Leaf spear is ftl... <.<

Yeah with all the scamming going on with that leaf spear I don't understand why jagex hasn't made them undtradable yet...

Broad arrows are untradable, so why is the leaf spear tradable?

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Also, nests are't tradable until you crush them.

Nests are really wierd, you cannot even note them when they are uncrushed, whats that all about?

On the same topic but slighty different, is there any other non stackable items that are not noteable?

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

I agree on the Boots of Lightness and Slayer Gems.

If you forget a slayer gem, you can ask somone else, but no they are untradeble. <.<

Also, the boots. I understand lots of people gonna say ''selling rare boots o lightness only 1m !!! !! ! ''

The boots are free, you can have as much as you want, and they are on a non dangerous place. So, I'd say that's the bigest mistake Jagex made them, because most scamms are with those Leaf Spears. So if they just change those 2, I can die in peace :)

~Robert

EDIT: Jagex once said that those eggs are useless, but.. They are gonna make an update, Some dude once send a question about the eggs. And a mod replied to 'not yet get rid of them.' Anyone know where I can find it?

Anyway, maybe those eggs are for a new potion or something? :) I'd say, keep them.

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

Slayer gem?

but if everyone did that, noone would bring one, meaning that it wouldn't really make sense to make it tredeable.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!