Expand the Firemaking skill.

D

I've been reading a book called Inkspell by Cornelia Funke, and this person loves to play with fire and can do various things like, turn invisible with fire (they do something in the book to make that happen), make fire "flowers", etc. I think that firemaking should be an entertainment skill, and maybe a weak weapon like setting somebody on fire that does 5 damage, and burns you. Or possibly a defence, where there is a wall of fire that is higher than the regular fire and if people pass through it, they get 3 points of damage, for each second in the fire. A possible way to destroy the fire will be to use a bucket of water on it.

Back to the entertainment part, maybe like juggling torches, eat fire, breathe fire, surround a body in fire, make fire rise and lower, and use firelighters to make the fire different colors. Also, the people in the book could also talk to fire, with some fairy's honey that was hard to get. Maybe you could create a quest that allows you to learn how to talk to fire, what words to say (but certain ones require certain levels), and allow you to attempt to get some fire honey out of the fairys' nest.

Use your imagination!

You definitely need to work on this idea and ellaborate on it more, but its a good idea in the making and I'll support it :mrgreen:

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I've been reading a book called Inkspell by Cornelia Funke, and this person loves to play with fire and can do various things like, turn invisible with fire (they do something in the book to make that happen), make fire "flowers", etc. I think that firemaking should be an entertainment skill, and maybe a weak weapon like setting somebody on fire that does 5 damage, and burns you. Or possibly a defence, where there is a wall of fire that is higher than the regular fire and if people pass through it, they get 3 points of damage, for each second in the fire. A possible way to destroy the fire will be to use a bucket of water on it.

Back to the entertainment part, maybe like juggling torches, eat fire, breathe fire, surround a body in fire, make fire rise and lower, and use firelighters to make the fire different colors. Also, the people in the book could also talk to fire, with some fairy's honey that was hard to get. Maybe you could create a quest that allows you to learn how to talk to fire, what words to say (but certain ones require certain levels), and allow you to attempt to get some fire honey out of the fairys' nest.

Use your imagination!

runescape=ink heart? i think not. Work out this a little more, because its hard to see what you're getting at...I'm not gonna support for now till you can explain it a little better.

I think those idea you mention sound fun.

Useless but fun, I support. :P

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I like your ideas but you can also make so much more to firemaking then just lighting logs or lighting lantrns and torches...

Making fire making a fun based skill is a good idea but here are some other good ideas...

Burning arrows or even Swords?

People used to burn down there crop feilds when they were done harvesting to create more nutrients in the soil...Could we burn our farming patches to get more items while harvesting?

I like your idea of using firemaking to make walls of fire as a combat strategy to make cb more then just hitting back and forth...

Firemaking combined with the theiving skill to burn down things such as houses (it could happen :D ) or even crops...(Maybe for like a theif based quest)

And i dont know any other ideas you have but seriosuly jagex needs to do something about this useless skill

2czeqeh.jpg

you mean dustfinger??? The guy with the maklin or whatever??? I never really liked that character. Although I think firemaking should be expanded, this need more detail and more work.

And he never turns invisable.

I totally support the idea to make firemaking more fun..... Even if that isn't all that clear, it has a lot more then just lighting logs, and we should be able to burn wheatfields, since no one uses them all that much and they respawn fairly rapidly. But it would be fun to make high level firemaking mean something, like let you have fun in a game

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

I do like the idea, it would add a new atmosphere to RuneScape. People could host their own shows and that. And yes, a new quest involving burning a wheat field and finding some sort of "secret" door would be quite cool. Although the burning gloves part does sound good, it would be to easy to PK. You just burn 'em, super poison them and then spec' 'em. They'd die almost instantly!

~Support~

signature.jpg

leetspeakwn1.gif

Also something else I've thought of, since this will cause damage, this would have to be made a combat stat. Tis will disrubt many skill pures and pkers.

Firemaking is definitely for skill totals. It's been in the game for AGES and they haven't decided to change it. I doubt that they'd change it in the near future. Making the skill some sort of entertainment skill would just be silly. Firemaking is used for cooking and lighting, that's it.

Sorry to say this but what is the point in changing it. I agree with the guy that said about the skill cape but i also believe that there should be no changes at all. Maybe a few more quests that require the skill (not just sea slug quest) and ones that have a minor use. Maybe even some sort of fire arrows but none of this silly burn gloves (i believe this is like effects of paralasis from pokemon) or walls of fire becasue it would change it to a combat skill.

Sorry to say it but its a silly idea.

aaron+e4.png

Finaly I can wield drag weapons.

I will have to admit...at lower levels, firemaking is good for all players for cooking low level foods, lighting lanterns, etc. After 65, firemaking seems to be a bust. I know I wont train on it anymore now that I can light my helmet. Perhaps some higher level firemaking skills can be used in conjunction with magic like with the bolt enchanting spell. At certain WC levels, you are able to cast some fire-based spell using your magic. Just a thought.

JAGEX could always add banner burning at level 75 and arson at level 90...LOL

Meta Mucil

meta_mucil.png

SHHH, I am concentrating.....oh look, a paperclip!

Where was I again?