Guide to Agility from Lvl 1 to 70 and Beyond!

Zandalf

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide! I like it, I really like it.

Here is how I did the Ape Atoll Course till lvl 71 (not trained after that lvl, yet).

Take a full inventory of salmons, throuts, whatever. Wear you monkey greegree and boots of lightness. Go to the course, train untill you run out of food, and die (make sure you have only 3 items (you can get more from randoms) and your respawn point has to be at Lumbridge). You respawn in Lumbridge, walk to al kharid, bank (if needed), take glider to Grand Tree, talk to that guy who brings you to hanger... and the rest you know! (I hope :3> ) I hope this was useful ::'

Antonio - Yeah, there are some training methods that take advantage of respawn points (like 3-iteming at fally white knights). And you're right that it's a lot cheaper. But it's a lot faster to stay alive and have an inventory of super energy at the ape atoll course.

Thanks for the positive comments! :)

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

one of the best guides I've seen! I love to see facts backed by actual calculations. And you even mention other courses as well like werewolves which does involve lots of food and a far walk to.

Just to add to your guide. Spottier capes gives -3kg weight. Ape Atoll definitely better than wilderness agility as you don't have to worry about food and annoying pkers. You can also bring a rope to pick off those red bananas which are delicious.

rs name is da same

Skill Total: 2053+

Combat Lvl: 125

runescape2us0.jpg

For your 71 and beyond section I have a few comments:

Use a new cape Spotty or Spottier to make energy last even longer.

Home teleport nows saves your tail if you forgot a tele device.

If you havent finished Monkey Madness you can also pick monkeynuts in the small cave for food.

Keep health around 10 and you won't be hit for as much damage when you fail.

There are three sizes of ninja/archer monkey. I found the smallest monkey fails less but that could just be a fluke of my trials.

I think that was all I had, great guide.

Z

rather nice guide matey =D>

allthough i already did more then my fair share of agilty (not looking forward to doing anymore...less i have all other 99s first lol) before reading your guide :wall:

although i did pretty much EXACTLY what you guide outlined while i was training agility :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

:arrow: FOR one thing, this guide is reely help ful, for another thing ITS REELY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!! and one last thing, no u didn guess it i wasnt gona say its reely helpful agin, but its the only guide on the blok that ive seen like that!!, also, once u can try to get some info on the relative speed of ape atol arena versus other arenas at lvl 75.

=D> =D> =D> :thumbsup:

Ryu-

You're right. You can alch at the center platform if you want to save on food.

BUT, I still recommend repeatedly jumping the blades on the northern side of that platform. It increases your exp/hour by almost a factor of 2! But it makes you use your food faster.

Your choice :).

100th post! Woo hoo!

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

ive found that using the monkeybars in the edgeville dungeon is MUCH faster than doing the gnome agility course. you need 15 agility to use it, and you get 40xp per lap (1 time back and forth). i estimated that you can do a lap in about 5-7seconds which is ~320-480xp per minute. the only problem with it is its in lvl 5-8(not sure) wild, and the earth warriors will attack you. an anti-poison pot could be helpful too, but not needed. no energy is needed, since you dont walk/run at all, so you could lvl up at the same speed with nothing in your inventory, or 28 rune plates, but food and/or armor is a must.

i think you should add this to the guide o.O

Kalahi - Hm... that's an interesting technique to use before lvl 32. Is it possible to fail that obstacle if you've got low agility?

If not, I'll check it out and add it to the guide if it is truly worthwhile.

* Those who don't

- - -

no, i dont think its possible to fall while using it. sometimes it looks like you take damage once you get to the other side, but thats only happens if an earth warrior attacks you right when you get on the bars, and the damage doesnt show until you get to the other side.

ive found that using the monkeybars in the edgeville dungeon is MUCH faster than doing the gnome agility course. you need 15 agility to use it, and you get 40xp per lap (1 time back and forth). i estimated that you can do a lap in about 5-7seconds which is ~320-480xp per minute. the only problem with it is its in lvl 5-8(not sure) wild, and the earth warriors will attack you. an anti-poison pot could be helpful too, but not needed. no energy is needed, since you dont walk/run at all, so you could lvl up at the same speed with nothing in your inventory, or 28 rune plates, but food and/or armor is a must.

i think you should add this to the guide o.O

I finally got around to checking this out. I tried your monkey bar approach and I maxed out at about 5k exp/hour. Plus, I was taking lots of hits from the earth warriors, who have surprisingly high attack.

Then I timed out the gnome course (again), and got 6.2k exp/hour walking.

So I'm afraid I'm still going to stick with the gnome course for my guide. Sorry :(.

* Those who don't

- - -

excellent very well done. now if only u could be the editor.......

i have made this my home page thats how gr8 ur guide is

Proud member of 3 runescape fansites- tip.it, zybez, and runehq (tho the runehq forums were a little wierd to navigate so i purposefully forgot my account name and password for it)

I just realized that I've read this guide about 4 times now and haven't commented.

This is probably the most comprehensive guide to leveling agility out there.

13/10.

Currently using it to get to 56 agility so I can get a hawt crystal bow :D

Edit: got from 51-54 agility from 100 tickets that I got in about 1.5 hours, missing only a few pillars, and got from 54 to 56 in about 1.5 hours using the wildy course, failing a few times. Great experience there.

sorry bros i'm not mexican

I levelled my skill pure from about 8 upwards in the Agility Arena - just followed the level 1 obstacle route round & round & round ...

I got a suprising number of tickets from 8-20 just by changing direction when appropriate.

20+ I still followed the lvl 1 route but took the lvl 20 obstacles when it would make a big difference to the chance of obtaining a ticket.

I've no real idea how it compared to the original courses in terms of xp/time but it was a lot less boring! and semed fairly quick.

My son went all the way from 1 to 30+ in there yesterday - btw you can fail the low wall!! - showing that the TGS course is best for the first few levels.

Well, whether a good choice or not, I now know the arena much much better, and use it more efficiently on my main.

RS1600.png

Through the semi-arduous task of leveling up my agility from 67 to 70, I have found some very interesting things concerning the ape atoll agility arena.

You don't have to bring any food at all, the pineapple plant(mentioned in your guide) provides all the food you need. It spawns almost instantly(in fact you can pick it every tyme you go down the vine)and it heals eight with four bites healing 2 cut with a knife. With this single plant, you have an unlimited supply of food, saving you lots of money/tyme you would normally use to get other food. So all I have to bring on a trip there is my spottier cape, boots of lightness, ape atoll teleport, a knife, a teleport out, and my greegree, all rounding off to a total of -9kg!

Also, I have found accidently that the ape atoll arena is similar to the brimhaven arena. The lower your health, the less you get hit. For example, you usually get hit a 6 when your hp is near it's maxium. But when it is about 15hp lower(in my case), it only hits a 5. Lower then only hits a 4 and so on! This discovery has helped me alot.

Finally, I have concluded you cannot recieve any random events while you are in monkey form. Out of all my hours upon hours of training there, I have not recieved one random event, as with the other players I have asked.

I do hope my 'research' will aid your guide.

Oh and by the way, very very nice guide. I'm glad to see that it is very in-depth and guides players through the sections of levels of agility. :mrgreen: :D

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Just out of curiosity, why do you recommend normal cakes as opposed to chocolate cakes? They do the same thing, just better... apart from that, really really awesome guide (I am using it for 70 agility for MEP2)