Guide to Agility from Lvl 1 to 70 and Beyond!

Zandalf

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, why do you recommend normal cakes as opposed to chocolate cakes? They do the same thing, just better... apart from that, really really awesome guide (I am using it for 70 agility for MEP2)

Normal cakes are way easier to get. Of course, if you've got some easy source of chocolate cakes, they're much better. But getting all of the chocolate bars isn't worth it for most people.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

Through the semi-arduous task of leveling up my agility from 67 to 70, I have found some very interesting things concerning the ape atoll agility arena.

You don't have to bring any food at all, the pineapple plant(mentioned in your guide) provides all the food you need. It spawns almost instantly(in fact you can pick it every tyme you go down the vine)and it heals eight with four bites healing 2 cut with a knife. With this single plant, you have an unlimited supply of food, saving you lots of money/tyme you would normally use to get other food. So all I have to bring on a trip there is my spottier cape, boots of lightness, ape atoll teleport, a knife, a teleport out, and my greegree, all rounding off to a total of -9kg!

Also, I have found accidently that the ape atoll arena is similar to the brimhaven arena. The lower your health, the less you get hit. For example, you usually get hit a 6 when your hp is near it's maxium. But when it is about 15hp lower(in my case), it only hits a 5. Lower then only hits a 4 and so on! This discovery has helped me alot.

Finally, I have concluded you cannot recieve any random events while you are in monkey form. Out of all my hours upon hours of training there, I have not recieved one random event, as with the other players I have asked.

I do hope my 'research' will aid your guide.

Oh and by the way, very very nice guide. I'm glad to see that it is very in-depth and guides players through the sections of levels of agility. :mrgreen: :D

Did you just totally ignore my post? I think it has some very helpful information.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I love this guide, it's so informative, it's awesome. 8)

However, I just had this fantastic idea, however I can't remember it. :oops:

I'll remember later and come edit my post. ^_^;

EDIT: I remember. If you don't have 70 cooking, start "Saving Awowogei" [Recipe for Disaster Quest] and pick the Tchiki Nuts. They seem faster than Poineapples and they heal five and are midway in the course.

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

I'm lv 68 agility so the guide would have been a little better for me to read earlier on instead of getting to the level I am now using only gnomes, barbs, and wild agility courses.

I never knew how good the agility arena was... :shock:

I like the guide however... I am using your inventory suggestions! :D

*Avater self made*

Bannertime.png-Click here to read!

Through the semi-arduous task of leveling up my agility from 67 to 70, I have found some very interesting things concerning the ape atoll agility arena.

You don't have to bring any food at all, the pineapple plant(mentioned in your guide) provides all the food you need. It spawns almost instantly(in fact you can pick it every tyme you go down the vine)and it heals eight with four bites healing 2 cut with a knife. With this single plant, you have an unlimited supply of food, saving you lots of money/tyme you would normally use to get other food. So all I have to bring on a trip there is my spottier cape, boots of lightness, ape atoll teleport, a knife, a teleport out, and my greegree, all rounding off to a total of -9kg!

Also, I have found accidently that the ape atoll arena is similar to the brimhaven arena. The lower your health, the less you get hit. For example, you usually get hit a 6 when your hp is near it's maxium. But when it is about 15hp lower(in my case), it only hits a 5. Lower then only hits a 4 and so on! This discovery has helped me alot.

Finally, I have concluded you cannot recieve any random events while you are in monkey form. Out of all my hours upon hours of training there, I have not recieved one random event, as with the other players I have asked.

I do hope my 'research' will aid your guide.

Oh and by the way, very very nice guide. I'm glad to see that it is very in-depth and guides players through the sections of levels of agility. :mrgreen: :D

Did you just totally ignore my post? I think it has some very helpful information.

Mario-

Sorry to seem to ignore you, but most of the information in that post was already in the guide: I've already mentioned the pineapples. And the lack of random-events is nearly impossible to confirm.

I might investigate your claims about remaining hp versus damage though. If it's true, I'll add it.

However, don't expect it soon. I've let my membership lapse because I'll be out of town for about a month.

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, if you can be bothered playing Barbarian Assault enough, the Penance Gloves reduce weight by 4kg, which would obviously be very helpful.

Yes, I did read all through every post to check if it had been mentioned.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

i'm needing to get 53 agility (regicide and a pot) so this has helped i think i'll barb outpost until 45 and then agility arena for last 8 levels.

nice guide

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

The only time I'd sugest using the same obstacle over and over would be the 3 low walls at barbarian agility course, and then only if I had lvl 35 agility looking for 40. I did that, needed no food, plus I never failed (not one time). The rest of the course you need food for. Even if you do fail, (the guides say you can), you won't fail enough to hurt you. The lack of food weight helps a lot too.

Very nice, but do you know what level, if ever, you stop failing at the wilderness course?

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

nice guide thoug for the barbarian guide i know its faster to cros pipe over and over again i tested it the course took longer to get same xp i tested it multiple times running on the course and never faild a obstacle so it would be the perfect amount of time and stil it took if i remember right 1.20 minutes to do the pipe for a lil more xp then the course gives and 1.26 minutes to do a course running and not failing

My suggestion is a hint for the Barbarian outpost agility areana. Put in that since Barbarian Assault has been added you can now teleport to The Barbarian outpost with a Saphire Games Necklace. Other than this, this guide is great. I will definitely use it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I also believe that Penance Gloves can reduce weight. :3

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

I also believe that Penance Gloves can reduce weight. :3

Yeah - I've been out of town for almost a month, during which time I've let my membership lapse. I'll (probably) be renewing my membership in a couple of weeks. Until then, I won't be adding anything about the new mini-game, or the soon-to-be-released new agility course.

* Those who don't

- - -

As you've said above, you won't be updating it, but for the quests part, it says "Monkey Part", personally, it would its true name, Saving Awowogei, would be more present. ^_^;