Oreo9870's Statement on Skills

oreocookie987

Te be honest, I have to disagree with you. You say I should train the skills I like to train. Then I shouldn't train any skill at all, cuz they all become boring. Ok for some I have more patient then other, but still every time I complete a goal, I feel like I did something very boring.

And here is the point why I'm playing rs now for almost 2 years: It's the feeling accomplishing something and I feel satesfied having a good total lvl and training all skills. Yep, I train the skills I think are boring too. Maybe way less. But still, I only have 2 skills under 50; 1 construction (starting now) and 38 herb and I think of doing that soon too, just cuz I don't even know if it's boring or not, I've never really tried it :oops: .

What if I only did what I enjoy, hmm what would I do then?? Probably some melee slayer and mini games. But those get boring too after a week, so I need something else. Something I really enjoy. That would definitly be something else then rs. But I like this game very much. So can you please tell me what I have to do then??

I read this and decided to respond to it personally. The point of my thread was not to just not train skills you don't like. The whole skills section was just an example to my main point, which is this: Do what you want to do, not what the mass majority of players has deemed as important and required. If you want something you really enjoy, it will probably be the satisfation of a goal. To work towards that goal, which in your case looks to be all stats 50+, will bring you what you're looking for. So basically, do what you want to do.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Te be honest, I have to disagree with you. You say I should train the skills I like to train. Then I shouldn't train any skill at all, cuz they all become boring. Ok for some I have more patient then other, but still every time I complete a goal, I feel like I did something very boring.

And here is the point why I'm playing rs now for almost 2 years: It's the feeling accomplishing something and I feel satesfied having a good total lvl and training all skills. Yep, I train the skills I think are boring too. Maybe way less. But still, I only have 2 skills under 50; 1 construction (starting now) and 38 herb and I think of doing that soon too, just cuz I don't even know if it's boring or not, I've never really tried it :oops: .

What if I only did what I enjoy, hmm what would I do then?? Probably some melee slayer and mini games. But those get boring too after a week, so I need something else. Something I really enjoy. That would definitly be something else then rs. But I like this game very much. So can you please tell me what I have to do then??

I read this and decided to respond to it personally. The point of my thread was not to just not train skills you don't like. The whole skills section was just an example to my main point, which is this: Do what you want to do, not what the mass majority of players has deemed as important and required. If you want something you really enjoy, it will probably be the satisfation of a goal. To work towards that goal, which in your case looks to be all stats 50+, will bring you what you're looking for. So basically, do what you want to do.

Aha, I totally misuderstood you're point then. In this point of few I can only totally agree, ofcourse.

BTW nice place to live =P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Aha, I totally misuderstood you're point then. In this point of few I can only totally agree, ofcourse.

Glad you agree then ::'

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I understand this completely. I'm actually really tired of people calling other people noobs because they have one low skill even if they're ten times better than the other person in another skill. I myself made a PKing account just because pking is one of my favorite things in the game. Not just because I wanted to be famous by posting 100s of screened kills on forums. I don't like PKing on my main not because it's harder to get kills but because I don't have to really try to stay alive due to my defense level. Being a 1 defense PKer is really fun for me which is why I stick at it.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

If a man does not keep pace with his companions' date=' perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

~Henry David Thoreau[/quote']

deep man, real deep :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

As I already said on my thread, I agree entirely. Some people think I'm just stupid for not being able to fish sharks or for only having 66 slayer or even just for having a combat level that is thought to be disproportional to my total level.

It bugs me when people come up to me and say, "You should get 76 fishing, why don't you have it?" Simple answer: I think fishing is boring. Lol.

Anyway, nicely written :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Thanks everyone. I'm glad there are people here who actually understand my views on Runescape and can relate or agree to them.

I'm trying to come up with an idea for another Statement topic, maybe I can write it tomorrow night or so.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions' date=' perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

~Henry David Thoreau[/quote']

deep man, real deep :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

here is it better,

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

~Henry David Thoreau

Anyways, I love runecrafting. It makes me happy :thumbsup: So I will always do it :)

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Could you inform us why you don't like herblore or fletching? I love fletching. :) If those prices didn't drop, I'd have a much higher lvl. :(

Herblore is really.. odd. I don't like it, but it helps.

EDIT: I read it :P Yay I'm in the post :)

I'm getting 99 cooking pretty much because it's easy, alright money [2.4m 94-99 pl0x?] and I'll become the hawtness of toast, and be hawter than Mirroforced. =P~

Could you inform us why you don't like herblore or fletching? I love fletching. :) If those prices didn't drop, I'd have a much higher lvl. :(

Herblore ~ I simply do find this skill to be incredibly tedious. The gathering of vials, herbs, and secondary ingredients is just way too much. Plus the high prices on these herbs if you want to make anything decent. I remember watching my brother making rougly 870 Energy Potions to prepare his Herblore for Legends Quest, and I knew once I got members I would never like the skill (my brother subscriped about a week before me).

Fletching ~ Easy enough, it just bores me. One time in Yannile while waiting for my Hops to grow I decided to try Fletching for the first time. I made some arrow shafts, then made some longbows. I realized that this skill is something I would never raise or enjoy, so I just dropped the stuff and went along my way.

I see a flaw with this idea though.

When i see a level 126 walking around with 15 people following him telling him how cool he is, that to me looks like he is having fun. Thats not just for comabt that could be for anything. Maybe i just want to go on a power trip. . . but i bet for most people they strive to get high levels because once they do, theyll be having lots of fun. . .

mithmchef,bigdrizzle13.gif

certain skills get boring after training them constantly so i train all my skills some more than others. certain skills you trythem and you like them while other skills you try them and you get bored easily and do not want to do them anymore.

one of my friends said that anyone thats 70 combat that doesnot have 1100 total and 150 quest points is a noob. but my notion is train what you wanna train and do what you want to do. my quest points is low cause i do not do quest that much but when you try the quest you may like them or hate them.

i think your next statement should be quest.

StarViv.png

Inspiring... simply inspiring. You write well my friend.

I must admit it, I do skill only for the purpose of showing off, not being called and noob, and to raise my place in the highscores. I feel ashamed now that I have read this article.

Although, as you said you can be 'hooked' on a skill. For example, when I first gained membership my fishing level was twenty seven. I felt now that Catherby was available to me that I would attempt to raise my level to 40. Then I could start making some good mula. A few hours later, I could fish lobsters. I need started a seemly insane goal for 76 fishing. I ended up with 83 at the end. Then I got bored and moved on and did a crap load of quests.

What seems like months later, I caught an interest in thieving. I loved it because you were garenteed not to lose any money. Eventually I reached the level of 55, then 70, then 75, and it is currently eighty. I don't know why I did this honestly... I guess thieving was just been a favorite of mine.

Once again, very good article. :D

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I am Combat lvl 90, with a Mining lvl of 80. Many people I see on these forums and in-game will rarely have a Mining level above 65. Do you want to know why? I enjoy Mining, I always have. Ever since my first days of playing, it has been my favorite skill, and appropriately, it passes all my other skills by at least 6 levels.

~Oreo9870, Runescape's Favorite Cookie

Me 2. I loved mining since the beginning. I am 70 mining and it is highest of all me skillz.

Now after hittig 50 range, training has gotten so easy , so i went to 62 range now. Gonna keep doing it till 70.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Finally i found someone who hates fletching as much as me. Good job on that nice written statement :thumbsup:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

The thing that satisfies me the most is training less common skills. My favorites are theiving, farming and slayer. It's always fun to hear people's reactions when they find out I have the highest slayer in the room yet I'm 20 combat levels lower than everyone.

And farming...it's definitely the most interesting skill to train, because you're always doing something different! I spend a good part of my time growing/collecting payments for farmers for trees, bushes and other things that take hours to grow. You're always on your feet. And who cares if it's not as fast or profitable as other skills? It's enjoyable.

And theiving is just plain fun as well. Stealing all of those seeds... :D

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

great read, i agree. I personally don't care if fletching and rcing are some of the best ways of cash making, i don't like to raise them because they are tedious and boring...I mean, i absolutely love crafting, it's my favorite skill because there it has the most options out of all the skills, whether's its b-staff crafting, glass making or dragonhide armor making, it's very enjoyable to me. Just a quick note, you forgot me on people's goals to a 99 (theiving) :wink:

well i loved mining and smithin since i started

i had 85 mining before rs2 even came out and 74 smithing all f2p :) i acually was f2p for 5 years of playin runescape, i been a mem for like 6 months prob now, i play and only slayer cause i love slayering thats why im going for 99 :)

but u make alot of good points in this topic, i wish more people would play for the same reason u and me do :D

-mega-

I love the skills many people hate: agility, farming, herblore, thieving...

I absolutely loathe rc and I don't like the cost of construction, so I don't train them. They're still reasonably high because of tears of Guthix. You gotta love that game...

Then again, there are also people who take pleasure in getting total levels (me! me!) and keeping all skills even. If that's their fun, they're entitled to it as well. That doesn't mean they're only doing that to adjust tot the rules of the community.

So everybody does as they please, as long as they keep to the Jagex rules.