Are we going for a market crash soon?

Arkano5

I cant help but notice that alot of things seem to have dropped in price, whips from 2.6 to around 2.9/2m, flails have dropped by around 100k (used to be around 700k when i had bought mine) We've got to have a market crash eventually....

What are you thoughts/opinions?

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

Has happened before, so theres nothing to worry about.

Best thing you can do is snap up falling rares.

You can wait until other stuff fall prices though. They'll be a bit cheaper soon.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Alot of people are speculating that hunter is going to be a money drain, so they are selling everything worth a bit of money to save up for hunter.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

Has happened before, so theres nothing to worry about.

Best thing you can do is snap up falling rares.

Rares wouldn't go down for the same reason low priced items would. People are selling a lot of their items because they think there will be better ones once hunting comes out, and they're liquidating smaller items around 1-5mil because they think they'll need a moderate pile of cash like that for hunting, since they needed a fair amount for construction, just to be safe.

If you have any knowledge of economics, you can start visualising market prices and all thta, maybe predict certain courses. Can't say much about future prices though. If it eventually really comes to a clash, well than that would be bad. Also depends on how many people are joining (more people, means biiger crowd for experienced players to deliver products to). So we'll need an exponential growth of population to keep our economy going. -.- :| Glad I got that out.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Oye!

The market is NOT crashing!!!

Prices go DOWN because more people GET THEM. Whips have gone down in price because more people get 85 slayer and get more whips, so MORE WHIPS = LESS PRICE. It's not fair to sell whips at 3m when almost everyone has them, it becomes LESS RARE. It's the same with barrows armor, more people get the barrow item, the price goes down because there's more of them in the game! It also has the reverse effect, such as with rares! Less rares = Worth more because there's so few of them.

This sort of topic has been talked about over and over and over again, just in different ways. -.-

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

well, there's NO new items that people are in demand for...it's mainly be quests and technical updates for the past few months, when dag kings were released, that unleashed a plethera of new things...Combat rings, d wc axe, mud staff, seerculls, dagganoth bones, new dagganoth armor...When barrows came out the prices were very high...just need something new to happen like hunting, its what the economy needs, stimulation.

btw, on a random note, this guy was trading flail for whip.

If you agree on this trade add my name "Dekoomer1" and

tell me abot it if i don't relpy ur char may be on

hide if i happend to be log out post here i *hack every

day and i will track you down

creepy.

Eh...

Do you actually understand how the stock market works? In general, there is something called a bubble, and it is the price off the items (Lets take an abby whip) at about 2.5 mil. Okay, when more people start buying this item, the price goes up, as the demand goes up. When more items are added, the price goes down.

That's the basics of the market.

But, ocasionally, the demand and the price of an item is so high, and the supply of that item is so low, that there comes a period of investments. (Well... people holding on to items to sell them later, like rares) Then, lets go back to the abby whip. Okay, let say teh whip goes up to 3 mil because so many people want one. Then the price just keeps going up, and it won't stop, even though people are okay with a set price. The merchants keep raising the price to make more money, and then, well people stop buying them becasue they are so expensive. And then, the price begins to drop. Fast. everyone is trying to get rid of the whips, and trying to sell at a lower price than an opponent to get rid of the whips.

Consumers (us) then begin to buy these new low price whips before the price stabalizes. the people who invested then lose alot of money. This has happened in RL, and with the economy as it is in RS, it could happen there too.

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

If whips became f2p im sure it'll jump up to maybe over 2.5m AT LEAST, (i woudn't mine giving 10m for 1)

Prices of everything will drop slowly due to more people being abled to get them. One fine example is Runite items,they used to be way more (I mined 1k coal for my first r2h),but the price will drop slowly but will come to a stop, which is slightly above the High alchemy prices.

0worker0.png

Elphinstone gives the best explanation, it is indeed the basics of market flow.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Market crash will definitely happen, new skills... money coming into game rapidly... everything will go down -- except rares it seems.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str