21 November 2006 - HUNTER SKILL!

Dork

There's a lot of lag at the moment (what do you expect after an update like this?), catching the ruby butterflies is kinda hard with all the lag around. Must be all the kids coming home from school all excited... <.<

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not played it yet, but from the RSOF:

So I have to say - I really dont like hunting - quelle surprise you might say, but its not for the usual reason.

Its because of the deafall traps, only one person can use them at a time and people are now fighting over them I've seen people being extremely rude to one another and frankly its just bringing out peoples greedy sides and that something i really dont like to see.

Level 110s and up are fighting to level and dont care how rude they are.

Its made this game have a really unpleasant taste

One person per trap? With hundreds likely hunting on each server?

Dumb. Only word for Jagex on that one.

Still cant find woodlands..help?

South of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Fastest way to get there is AKQ Fairy ring (and the fishing colony is also within reach from the ring, beats running around the stonghold)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

So I have to say - I really dont like hunting - quelle surprise you might say, but its not for the usual reason.

Its because of the deafall traps, only one person can use them at a time and people are now fighting over them I've seen people being extremely rude to one another and frankly its just bringing out peoples greedy sides and that something i really dont like to see.

well they cant exactly place several hundred traps per server can they, that will be just too unrealistic, and unnecessary. These are just release hypes.

Also the creatures would have to fall into a trap themselves, so having several hundred trap in 1 spot is also impractical.

think before you post please

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

well they cant exactly place several hundred traps per server can they, that will be just too unrealistic, and unnecessary. These are just release hypes.

Also the creatures would have to fall into a trap themselves, so having several hundred trap in 1 spot is also impractical.

They don't need to place any more than one trap, any more than they needed place hundreds of farming patches.

I can plant seedcorn at the same time that you and 800 other Runescapers plant seedcorn. I don't have to wait for you to finish.

Yet they couldn't do the same with a deadfall trap?

Open mouth, insert foot, Chen.

As a Tip.it crewmember, insulting posters because you can't wrap your head around some concepts just makes Tip.it seem bad.

Agreed.

Naturally things are going to be hectic to begin with, it's expected. Other updates had the same affect, but they calm down eventually. In a week there will be far more traps than active people using them.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

They don't need to place any more than one trap, any more than they needed place hundreds of farming patches.

I can plant seedcorn at the same time that you and 800 other Runescapers plant seedcorn. I don't have to wait for you to finish.

Yet they couldn't do the same with a deadfall trap?

Because:

1. Farming Patches dont need anything else external in order to work (all the game have to recognise is what compost you put there, what seed and it works from there). Hence why you can have several hundred people using the same farm patch because it is connected to the same person

2. For Deathfall, it is COMPLETELY different, it relies on an (independent) object to get near your trap in order for it to be trapped. The server cant handle 2000 copies of the same object just so that everyone can be happy with death traps. it puts way too much strain on the server, and it would also be a waste because there probably wouldnt be more than 10 ppl at a time deathtrapping per server anyway (that is when hunter skill dies out of the hype)

3. I am rebuting your comment of 'Dumb. One word for Jagex', not your intelligence. If i were insulting you, i would have used far harsher words than those. It is YOU who cant 'wrap around' some concepts about Jagex. If I am insulting your intelligence, i would have been far far harsher. (which i am not)

tim_chenw2.png

d-k-s for snow area

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with Phelim here. There doesn't need to be a ton of traps, or even a ton of animals. Why do the animals have to be seen to everyone? Why cant everyone just have their own individual animals that no one else can see. As mentioned, no one else can see farming crops, so I would imagine they would be able to make Hunting a similar way.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with Phelim here. There doesn't need to be a ton of traps, or even a ton of animals. Why do the animals have to be seen to everyone? Why cant everyone just have their own individual animals that no one else can see. As mentioned, no one else can see farming crops, so I would imagine they would be able to make Hunting a similar way.

It works fine for the pit traps in the jungle.. u have your own set of branches covering the pit...I think the deadfall should be the same...

TTFN

RSN: Curbridge... 35 Hunter

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

To those who are paying attention to this slight argument with me and Phelim, not one point in my posts did i mention Jagex was perfect with the skills, but all i was refering to was the statement about the fact that only 1 person can use the deathtrap at a time 'dumb' was rather impetuous, as it did not take into account of the technicality behind programming such a feature. Saying what you want for a game is one thing, but acting put it into practise as a computer code is completely another. Calling Jagex 'Dumb, one word for it' was not exactly justified either.

Let this post seal all this argument.

tim_chenw2.png

Guest Exkarotis

Awful skill.

You wait like 1 minute for a bird to come, then just set it up and repeat..I know it will get better later on, and that there are loads of people atm so it doesn't really reflect it properly, but still extremely boring IMO.

lvl 14 currently i really like it, its my style. and what skill isnt boring or repetative, you click a rock wait for it to get mined and repeat, welcome to runescape. It seems like a lot of skills in one, its like theiving where you can fail, like farming and a few other skills as already mentioned, i like it.

sig3gk6.png