21 November 2006 - HUNTER SKILL!

Dork

I don't understand the use of this new skill... ok gloves that help theiving, some armour with bad stats. Realy this is a mid level skill theres no good perks at the top of it. Could have been encorprated into a few new slayer monsters and equipment.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some say that hunting is boring; that you wait 10 years for a bird to come to your trap... You should use tracking instead. Never a dull moment.

S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

Get Level 19 do highest birds once 2 do 2 traps per time

then when 33 fly fish your feathers at shilo and use on the Dead fall rocks in fedlip hills.. great xp and its free

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I don't understand the use of this new skill... ok gloves that help theiving, some armour with bad stats. Realy this is a mid level skill theres no good perks at the top of it. Could have been encorprated into a few new slayer monsters and equipment.

No one knew about abyssal whips before someone actually got 85 slayer. They could still release new stuff before people get to the higher levels.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I agree with quite some people here that as far as I can see now, the reward for the skill itself is not that great. Those wieldable harpoons are usefull, just as the silent gloves, however.

Anyway, usefull or not, I found it really much fun to level :D

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

No one knew about abyssal whips before someone actually got 85 slayer. They could still release new stuff before people get to the higher levels.

But the highest hunting monster is at level 69, and the imp at 72. There not high enough for a weapon as good as the whip. And we know what both creatures do.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

First step is going to the shop in Yanille located east of the Pub. Buy your two basic tools for the trade (get extras in case u lose or cant find later). Take teleport runes to get back to Yanille or Castle Wars because Fairy Rings and Glider spots are still a good walk from hunting grounds. Start off with the Red birds on the se part of the lower map limits. There will be some shacks and lakes in the area. Once you level up you can tackle the furry varmints.

I took an iron spit, steel axe and tinderbox for all the raw bird meat that is just lying around waiting to be cooked. To bad Jagex didn't have the foresight to put a trading outpost down there. Very boring to just sit there, constantly resetting the bird snare trap. Take some stuff to woodcut or cook with is my advice. Put your snare where u can find it because they all look alike and there is no colored dot to tell you which one is your trap.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

I logged into Runescape really happy... "Finally, a new F2P skill, Jagex rocks! :D".......................................................... ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâëclick the skills menuÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâû, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâëclick the Hunter SkillÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâû....................in the upper right corner: "Hunting - Members only skill"...................... :shock: ............................ Log off, get in a bad mood the rest of the day.

Very good Jagex :? I know, I don't pay, but I don't pay because I can't! I live in Portugal, I will only be able to pay when you make SMS payment avaliable to us, my parents don't want to use credit card!!

Sorry, just a little rant...

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

I logged into Runescape really happy... "Finally, a new F2P skill, Jagex rocks! :D".......................................................... ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâëclick the skills menuÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâû, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâëclick the Hunter SkillÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâû....................in the upper right corner: "Hunting - Members only skill"...................... :shock: ............................ Log off, get in a bad mood the rest of the day.

Very good Jagex :? I know, I don't pay, but I don't pay because I can't! I live in Portugal, I will only be able to pay when you make SMS payment avaliable to us, my parents don't want to use credit card!!

what did you expect? Jagex isnt going to give stuff to people who dont pay, they dont care where you can't pay or not, they just see that you dont.

what did you expect? Jagex isnt going to give stuff to people who dont pay, they dont care where you can't pay or not, they just see that you dont.

You actually thought F2P was going to get a new skill?... :P

Myself, I havn't tried it yet, alot of my friends got bored and we all decided to go play cwars :)

You actually thought F2P was going to get a new skill?... :P

Myself, I havn't tried it yet, alot of my friends got bored and we all decided to go play cwars :)

And we won everytime. 8-)

So far Hunting's a bit fun but hopefully it will get better as spots become less crowded.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art