The Last 3 Skills - Profit Or No Profit?

Hazbaz0

I found that, Farming, Construction and Hunting, you get to profit at all, especially Construction, you lose money! Farming you may gain a bit, but you lose more then you earn....why cant another skill come out that is actully usefull? What anoys me is Construction....it is useless..the only use for it at the moment is a quest which requires 15 Construction :S Why are Jagex giving us Skills that are not as Profitable then Fletching or Woodcutting or somthing..?

Coming Soon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, you aren't being forced to do these skills. You do have a choice. And not every skill has to be money making. Some could be there just for FUN. And FUN is the reason anyone plays this game, and I think it's great that Jagex has released a skill that's both fun and cheap (my favorite :) ). And how do you manage to lose money farming? If you buy ranarr seeds and sell the herbs, even only getting the minimum amt of herbs (5) you are still making 5k.

Farming is AMAZINGLY profitable.

With just my arm's herb patch you're adding about 30k-40k an hour on to whatever else you're doing.

If you are just farming, 100k+ an hour is possible.

Construction is also very good economically. I've used roughly 5k dragon bones. If I was not using the altar, that's 12.5k dragon bones more used as I don't use ectofunctus. You can calculate how much that costs.

Farming is twice as profitable as Woodcutting will ever be...and skills are supposed to be fun, not to profit you. A lot of people love their houses and they are very helpful for things too. And I know a lot of people enjoy Hunter.

I think Hunter is great fun! im lvl 56 At the moment, and i will keep going

Coming Soon

1. Farming - Seed benefits. Enjoyable skill, only spend 10 minutes on it per day.

2. Contruction - VERY good way to take the gp out of the game, the large amount of gp was causing problems. More of an achievement stat, who builds houses irl to gain money? You build it to show your wealth and store items.

3. Hunting - Fun stat, benefits listed in other posts. Regarded moreso as a recreational fun stat, like agility.

---------

I agree the latest 3 stats do not let you profit that much, but not all stats are made to make money. Besides, the two stats before it - Slayer and Runecrafting - are regarded as the best money making methods next to merchanting and staking. We've had more than our fair share of money making stats :P

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

1. farming - good profit; also helps gets other skills up such as herblore that brings profits

2. construction - major money pit; but it has some benefits such as the altars and several conveniences

3. hunter - time waster; i havent found any monatary profits yet

if u go farther back.....slayer and runecrafting were major moneymakers

plaxer_x.png

wii_forum2.jpg

Click here to see my goals and achievements thread

When the hell did profit become more important than having fun?

I don't get that Runescape player mindset at all...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

2. Contruction - VERY good way to take the gp out of the game, the large amount of gp was causing problems. More of an achievement stat, who builds houses irl to gain money? You build it to show your wealth and store items.

Kind of a moot point, but have you ever driven into a suburb, where there are seemingly thousands of identical houses? Guess who builds those? Well, yes, alot are illegal aliens, but the people in charge are filthy rich. Now, if you could sell houses in RS, imagine how much money the 99 construction people would be making :shock:

As the others have said, not all skills need to become the prime way to make money, replacing all that came before. The prime example is agility.

ubersig2se0.jpg

is gp all there is? apparently, thats all I ever hear is people whining about how there are no new money making skills. There are plenty of money making skills in the game already, get 85 slayer or 91 rcing or chop some wood or something. I love all the new skills like construction and farming, we dont need new skill to make money, there are plenty already and there is enough gp already. What they really need is more money draining skills like construction.

Construction is in no way, shape, or form, useless.

Teleport tablets.

Portals.

Glory Put up.

Servant.

FUN!?!

If you die, you just go out of your house

Houses are in random spot, good for getting to relleka, etc.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Construction is in no way, shape, or form, useless.

Teleport tablets.

Portals.

Glory Put up.

Servant.

FUN!?!

If you die, you just go out of your house

Houses are in random spot, good for getting to relleka, etc.

dont forget banner/herdalic armor making and bone offering it would be nice if it wasnt so expensive...but meh its good \'

Dr_Brinner.png

Farming - i made profit all the time since i always steal and never bought herb seeds

Constuction - Obviously made to drain money off the game

Hunting - Only thing i find useful is imp box, it could be ranked as 1 of the hardest skills for 99 along with mining and agility

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Farming - i made profit all the time since i always steal and never bought herb seeds

Hunting - Only thing i find useful is imp box, it could be ranked as 1 of the hardest skills for 99 along with mining and agility

I dont think that. Skills like slayer and runecrafting are the hardest, due to the time/money that needs to be invested to start training fast.

Not every skill has to make money, I like this skill, just havent found a quick way to train it up like the people at the top have :P

Jaskkes.png

actually you got it wrong, hunter is one of the easiest skills in the game, its just very very crowded atr the training spots right now, when it dies down it'll go fast

OMG

Why are you all obcessed with cash??

You greedy idiots.

You guys make me sick.

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

if you dont like a skill dont train it, the game is about fun not being the best, if all you care about is money/stats then no point in playing... but anyway

farming = good money

construction = you can get a good 1 click teleport (house tele tab is close to an altar, portals and a infinity charge glory, useful for alot of things), and a way to train pray very fast. also houses are a good meeting/drop party place.

hunting = idk.

farming is lots of profit

Construction is and alway has been the best skill in the game ever created ohmigawdit'ssofreakingfantastic in my opinion

hunting is mildly amusing but profit does not seem probable at this point.

4smallerxu3.png

moopycn7.png