Behind the scenes - December

chenw

This month, we will kick straight off with a new batch of treasure trails, featuring new challenges based on emotes and items to get you to that crucial next part of the trail. High level trails will now require even more thought, but this batch also comes with a huge new set of more than 100 rewards, featuring composite bows, high level prayer gear and new high quality versions of old favourites, such as glory amulets. We're also releasing heraldic helms to go with your armour and some really rather glorious looking posh and emote-improving gear.

All this, and we havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even mentioned the utterly unmentionable Third Age items! Items even more difficult to obtain than a Champions Scroll from a pesky imp! Items more sparkling than a wizard's lucky bead! Items so... ahem. Well, we'll let you find that out for yourself.

Reldo and his Knowledge Base team will also be releasing more of the popular area guides to places like Tirannwn, Gu'Tanoth, Morytania, the Kharidian Desert and Ape Atoll, as well as updating some of the older quests to use the Quest Help system.

Speaking of quests, this month's adventure will be an archetypal damsel in distress quest. Sort of. Well, it's got a damsel in it, and she's in a spot of troubleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ as anyone would be if they had taken up residence inside Draynor Manor. Will you stop by later this month to assist her with a rather poultry matter? Those that do are bound to find a use for her and her rather odd interpretation of Animal Magnetism.

We will also release a festive edition of the gallery, featuring some of your Christmassy submissions (keep sending them in), plus a few rather special comics. Naturally, Postie Pete's been especially busy preparing for the Christmas rush, but he tells us that he'll still be preparing another batch of letters for your yuletide enjoyment.

The ogres have been petitioning Bandos for a while for a new look fortress, and this December they will get it! He has agreed to give the city of Gu'Tanoth a lick of paint and a spot of spring cleaning, so keep your eyes peeled for a general area improvement of this mysterious, yet rather thuggish place.

And finally, the Christmas Update! This year, the little known Shanty Claws (the Sailor Werewolf) has heard terrible stories about evil activities underneath Karamja Volcano. Apparently children are going missing in the area, and for some strange reason, snow is predicted for the first time on this tropical island! What is really going on here? Are the TzHaar to blame, or is something more sinister up to some rather goblinny tricks? Members and non-members alike are welcome to join and earn a new seasonal object, and members will receive an additional treat for their player-owned houses.

We hope that your holiday breaks bring you happiness and celebrations, wherever you are!

Taken from the Main site of Runescape

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third Age items? The new Dragon items it seems to me, perhaps lv 80 requirements?

Also.. If they are updating the Treasure Trail's, are they going to update the error in the TT? I cant get some of the items for my treasure chest in my house because of it :(

All in all though, sounds like a fun month

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Hhmm, 'improved glory amulet' perhaps that will lower the prices of fury amulets?

Maybe, but it could very well be a revamped version of glory (just the looks, not the stats). much like Enchanted Robes.

But then again, it could be better version of it. Time to kill a bazillion blue dragons for clues. ^_^;

tim_chenw2.png

over 100 new tiems for treasure trails? new high level prayer gear? This month's BTS is making me feel like.....well, a kid a christmas time again..... \'

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Bleh what a yucky month.

Never do treasure trails and won't start now.

Sounds like a good month to skill.

Hope the 2 quests are better than they sound.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

over 100 new tiems for treasure trails? new high level prayer gear? This month's BTS is making me feel like.....well, a kid a christmas time again..... \'

You took the words out of my mouth :wink: I'm always looking forward into new trail items, especially because their prices are up high. :lol:

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

This sounds like a pretty cool month!

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

You took the words out of my mouth :wink: I'm always looking forward into new trail items, especially because their prices are up high. :lol:

I just hope some of those 100 new items are F2p like the recent (g) items we got. Maybe they'll finally release Black Wizard (g) and (t) Robes! :D

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

This is very interesting, I hope the TT items are very good and not underthought. That is alot of items there so it will mess with our minds with how good they are.

Never heard about these third age items but if they are from imps then I have no clue what to think.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Third Age Weapons... Possibly finishing of dragon (Dont think thats going to happen soon) or adding new powerful barrows like items.

80lvl requirements would be good, but i got a few more lvls to go it they are :oops: .

Soons like this month should be great.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Bleh what a yucky month.

Never do treasure trails and won't start now.

Sounds like a good month to skill.

Hope the 2 quests are better than they sound.

doesnt mean u wont buy/use those items. i mean if they designed a new treasure trail bow even better then the MSB you could buy it, i mean i know i have an obssesion with collecting all the weapons with a special attack and this 1 might..

PLEASE GOD LET THESE THIRD AGE WEAPONS HAVE LVL 80 REQUIREMENTS.

Ok I'm done.

lets hope they are reasonable and dont break.

Sounds awesome, good thing i got a clue off Gargoyls yesterday, i'll make sure i wait to do it.

last time they updated clues scrolls i know some1 said the drops might be specific to the clue u got and will not have new items if u got it b4 the clue update.

infact id do it now. u have better chance @ a cav or robin and stuff like that now then u ever will again