Would you ever get a Tattoo?

killmenub

I'm hoping it's just bad photos; because that line art looks pretty bad in some places. At least i'ts not going to solid black - solid black tribals ftl; But it seems like it'll turn out fairly well - post another pic when it's finished :)

I hope that's a bad pic too.. But either way it should look better now considering it should be healed.

I hate to bump old threads but I felt it was worthless to start a new one..

I was in Hawaii last week and my mom decided she wanted a tattoo of a flower that said "Maui" under it on the back of her shoulder. So she was getting it and I was talking to one of the guys who warked at the tattoo place and I found out I only had to be 16 there to get one. Well I love tattoos so I begged my dad and he finally agreed but I had to pay for it. Cost $200 (would have been $300 but the artist was really nice) and took a little over an hour. I wanted something that would always remind me of the good times I've had in Hawaii so I went with a tiki.

n1178731387_30409326_6390.jpg

Unfortunately I have to be 18 here in Iowa so next year I'm going to get it finished (more flames above the tiki) and I plan on designing the next one I get. My next one is either going to be on my left arm (opposite of the one I got my tattoo on) or going down my chest/side..

I didn't reread this whole thread but I remember someone saying most people will chicken out because they hurt like hell.. Well I didn't chicken out and it felt amazing getting it. Yeah it feels like a pinch but once you get used to it the feeling is almost addicting. <3:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to get "your name" tattoed on my arse

Aww i wanted to do that. jk but good idea. tell girls "i have ur name tattooed on my butt"

I prolly wont get one, but if i do itll be a tribal armband or most likely a cross on my bicep like my youth pastor has. Prolly wont get one tho.

tifsbti6oi.gif

I'm considering getting one. I don't know what or where though. Definitely not a tribal one though.

And like 1_man_army said, do not get a tattoo on your neck (if you're still considering it), amongst other things, you'll find it hard getting a job.

I saw a girl at costco who was working there, she had a napkin taped over her tattoo. good advice dude.

tifsbti6oi.gif

As someone who appreciates most all art mediums...

I'd love to plaster myself with ink.

Portraits of my favorite musicians, album covers.. personal designs..

mhm..

Although I hate it when people sit there an get generic crap like Chinese symbols and stuff like that... I don't care if it has personal meaning, and It usually looks like crap.

tat2hc2.jpg

tat4rd4.jpg

I'm hoping it's just bad photos; because that line art looks pretty bad in some places. At least i'ts not going to solid black - solid black tribals ftl; But it seems like it'll turn out fairly well - post another pic when it's finished :)

Tell me he didn't colour his arm in permanent marker?

sure they are, but that doesn't change what people that don't know them think.

I for one couldn't give a monkeys arse what people think about me when they see my tattoo.

And not everyone is going to think something at all. Don't over generalise, if anyone should get off their high horse it's you. Don't speak of behalf on everyone, learn to make I statements.

Don't they teach that in high school anymore?

And if you do judge people by tattoos, that's your opinion and I respect that but you could be potentially missing out on getting to know some really nice people (Obviously all people with tattoos aren't going to be).

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

well i have one 8-)

suggest that alot of consideration goes into what you have and where you have it. i mean your stuck with it for life or a big nasty scar if u get one removed. If u get one with colour it needs to be maintained to look good =D>

And ask yourself *why am i getting a tatoo?*

only when your 100% sure GO FOR IT!

they are sexy

I probably wouldn't ever get a tattoo, but if I did it'd either be on the top of my back or on the top of one of my arms.

The top of your back wouldn't be a good place to get one done. Your back in general wouldn't be a good place for a single tattoo. If you end up liking what you get done or getting it done in general (like I did) then your back is your biggest canvas. Some people spend a lot of time planning out a mural for their back and spend a LOT of time getting it done. I've seen some really nice things done on people's backs.

As someone who appreciates most all art mediums...

I'd love to plaster myself with ink.

Portraits of my favorite musicians, album covers.. personal designs..

mhm..

Although I hate it when people sit there an get generic crap like Chinese symbols and stuff like that... I don't care if it has personal meaning, and It usually looks like crap.

I completely agree, and you've summed up my view on tattoos.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

I want to get a tatoo of the hammer and sickle up near my shoulder. Small one, though, don;t want anything too big

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I don't like the idea of being 110 and seeing a "Fall Out Boy" tattoo on myself or whatever :P

However I would like two corssing hockey sticks and a hockey puck with a phrase on my back because I will always love hockey :D

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Well, i'd only get a tattoo if it was of something i believed in, i suppose i'd get one based on my political beliefs but someones name or a flame is [developmentally delayed]ed and something i'd never even be pressured into getting. I dont really have the body for a big ol' tattoo (6 foot 2 and thin :P).

Wait a minute! How could i have forgot, i might actually get what is my avatar (the cockrell of tottenham hotspur) on the top of my arm, i'd love that.

I don't think I'll ever get one. I appreciate well done tatoos, and I wouldn't be scared of regreting it later, but I simply wouldn't find a good reason to get one.

I want to get a tatoo of the hammer and sickle up near my shoulder. Small one, though, don;t want anything too big

Wouldn't it be better to get Marx's face tattoo'ed in your chest? \'

This signature is intentionally left blank.

My tattoo is a giant peace sign, in the middle of it the burning eternal flame, inside the peace sign Indian dream catcher netting.

Coming down from the symbol is the ankh (Egyptian sign for life) hanging from the symbol in chains on either side.

Coming down from the life sign is a free butterfly coloured in yellow.

Outside around the symbol are the words. "Peace. Love. Life"

It's meaning to me --

Peace and love in life is how I live my life every day. The ankh in chains is to represent a quote "man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains" and the free flying butterfly is my best friend who passed away who has significantly changed my life. I'm not superstitious but when I went to his funeral a yellow butterfly followed me up the path and inside the building in front of the casket and landed on my nose.

I thought that was a really cute symbol to remember him by.

--

I'm actually in the process of getting 2 more done.

One is a picture of two hands with a ball of light in the middle with a giant beautiful butterfly flying away.

This represents another concept I believe called "let it go" which means to view things in life without the emotion attached to it and see it for what it is and accept it.

--

The other being the shadow of a woman raising her hands in the air as if to say "I finally did it"

around her are going to be the words Veni, vidi, vici.

(I came, I saw, I conquered) because of my motivation/determination that gets me where I want to be, no distance shorter.

====

If you want to see the one I have and the ones I'm getting just pm me

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I don't think I'll ever get one. I appreciate well done tatoos, and I wouldn't be scared of regreting it later, but I simply wouldn't find a good reason to get one.

oh you;re a scream [/sarcasm] :roll:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

If you get that i'll get "communism doesn't actually work" across my forehead.

I wanna get a tattoo. I just need to find the right one. I want something I'll be proud of, not just something that looks cool.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.