My idea for tinderboxes. (FIRE MAKERS REJOICE!)

Azurechaos

To start off, I want to make something abruptly clear:

SERIOUSCAT.jpg

Now, for my idea.

This idea works on the general idea of the Rune Essence pouches.

To gain access to a new array of tinderboxes that store logs in them, you will need to finish a quest.

The quest is yet to be thought up. After you have completed it, you will be awarded some FM exp and access to "Special Tinderboxes".

You will be able to load your tinder box with logs.

At level 1: 3 Logs

Level 25: 6 Logs

Level 50: 9 Logs

Level 75: 12 Logs

You will only be able to have 1 of each at a time to reduce FM spam.

The "FM timer" (the time it takes to light your logs will remain also to cut FM spam.)

The basic idea is this: when you have logs in your inventory, all you need to do is click the tinderbox. The box will have a "Fill" option.

After it is filled with the amount specified above, it will have a "Burn" option. So, instead of clicking on the box... then the log... then the box... then the log... all you'll need to do is watch the FM timer and click at the correct time. As many know, when tring to burn massive amounts of logs, the "click box, click log, click box" can put unnecessary strain on the wrist.

It's quite annoying. (If you disagree, try to go burn 50k+ logs and then try complaining again.)

If you have any additions/comments/CONSTRUCTIVE critism, please feel free to post.

I will try to add some pictures and such later. Currently I'm just thinking out loud. (Er... out-typed... bah. Whatever.)

A very bizzare and orginial idea... but it actually works, and feels quite good after one turns it around a few times in their mind. You have gained my support! Not that my support means much, but still...

~Seal of Approval~

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Guest Nezikchened

In my opinion, no.

Firemaking is one of these "buy your way out" skills. It can be made very fast. In my opinion, only thing fm needs is a way to actually get money. I've heard the shade minigame gives some but can't confirm.

That would've been good when I started, RSC was hell for many skills, but now? Would make it too easy.

the burn option is ok but u cant fit logs in a tinderbox but you can have a sley you carry behind you for logs to carry a lot and you can only have 1 at a time

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

In my opinion, no.

Firemaking is one of these "buy your way out" skills. It can be made very fast. In my opinion, only thing fm needs is a way to actually get money. I've heard the shade minigame gives some but can't confirm.

That would've been good when I started, RSC was hell for many skills, but now? Would make it too easy.

in bulk, quite a bit. But i agree with this, a strenous task on the wrist and you haven't made the sizes to big, like 20.

Thanks for the support. :)

the burn option is ok but u cant fit logs in a tinderbox but you can have a sley you carry behind you for logs to carry a lot and you can only have 1 at a time

It could be some kind of Gnomish Warp-Space wormhole. Whatever floats your boat.

I mean, those Rune Ess pouches are small and you can still cram the ess in there. ::'

Hum...great idea. Is this F2p or P2p? What is the quest like (the quest better involve firemaking). Does the tinderbox look different? Do the tinderboxes "decay"? Are you going to make a signature picture?

9/10 :thumbsup:

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

Tinderboxes are kinda small to store around 12 foot-long logs...

And fire is kind of hot to stand on. And a huge chunk of granite is kind of hard to heavy. And dragon-fire is kind of hard to avoid. Get it? RuneScape is not realistic. I support this idea, firemaking has got to be one of the boringest skills with no good reward.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Hum...great idea. Is this F2p or P2p? What is the quest like (the quest better involve firemaking). Does the tinderbox look different? Do the tinderboxes "decay"? Are you going to make a signature picture?

9/10 :thumbsup:

Probably P2P, but I'm not biased against F2P.

The quest will involve firemaking.

I thought about the decay thing. I don't thing that's needed.

They will look different, but they would be recognizable.

A picture is in the works.

Thanks for the rating. :)

Tinderboxes are kinda small to store around 12 foot-long logs...

I already broached this issue. Gnomish Space-Time wormholes are ftw.

• 2 months later...

Very nice idea, i was going to get some firemaking exp from the 10k willows in my bank but i decided i didn't want RSI (repetitive strain injury for those who didn't know :wink: )

ancientwv8.png

untitled6kv7.gif98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

. (If you disagree, try to go burn 50k+ logs and then try complaining again.)

Err, No thanks.

Do it the hard way and stop being lazy. All us 99 Firemakers will be ashamed if they release such a update that makes Firemaking the next Fletching/Cooking.

mazurizi.png

I don't support. This is taking one of the game's easiest skills, and making it even easier. If skills continue to be made easier, capes of achievement will not even be anything special.

No. I don't like this idea. It makes Firemaking easier than it already is, this will just cause the need for longer lines needed to burn all the logs, and more frequent events of disrespectful Firemakers crashing your lines since they have more logs in their inventory.

By the way I'm 98 Firemaking and have burned over 100k logs in the past two months, so I do know the feeling.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

if you can lit 12 logs at once... you can get 4k exp per fire...

but if a 3 logs fire is only 2x the exp of 1 log,

etc then ill suport it...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

From a 99 firemaker, I don't like this idea as firemaking would then be just as easy as "cook-x" made cooking.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85