Wakka's Rune Mining Method

wakka102

Hey Wakka when i was mining in this spot i noticed that the dark beast attack me and it is nearly impossible to get the rune ore. Are you supposed to wait a couple of minutes for them to stop being aggressive or do something else?

I think he already answered this, towards the end of the guide.

4.) When mining, you do not need to click the rock more then once even if a Dark Beast is attacking you! It may seem as if your just standing there, being slammed by attacks but you are still mining the rock regardless of whether or not you have auto retaliate on or off. The Mining ability overrides the attack ability but the attack animation overrides the mining animation, its strange but true.

When I get 85 mining (which might be a while into the future), I hope this area is still relatively abandoned because I'm sure to use this spot. You seemed to make a lot of money using this relatively quickly, so it looks like the perfect thing to do.

Awesome guide. Well written, and quite informative. Good job.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been mining them once a while. There aren't really much people but it's getting crowded lately.

Anyway, I would like to add that to get more prayer bonus, expecially for low lvls, get the best prayer bonus items including mitre, stole, lvl 99 cape, god book, white knight boot and gloves, etc...

And also that prayer potion is not necessary. If you are nearly running out of prayer. Just tele back to Adrouge, recharge your prayer, walk the way back, and switch world. It helps because you are waiting for 17 min respawn anyway.

If I follow what your saying right...that is terrible advice. You wait for the ore to respawn? I could understand that if you were doing high alchemy or something but if your mining for profit, 100% of rune miners switch worlds to find spawns. You dont want to wear a full prayer set because the boots, gloves, and capes dont give high enough prayer bonuses to make a difference. The more items you were on you the less ores you can carry each trip.

Great guide. Thanks for sharing your secret. By keeping a scratch pad with respawn times, I can mine 100 ores at Heroes in about 4 hrs. The second 100 would take less time since I've already found the spawns, but I've never been able to take the concentration needed for longer than that. :P This method seems like it would be a whole lot less stressful, unless of course it also becomes packed with miners.

One thing I don't understand. Why does wearing more prayer armor (and carrying a d mace, for example) mean less ores? Is there a weight limit in RS that I'm not aware of? If so, what is it?

Thanks again for the great advice. I'll be trying it myself with teletabs.

Because of the full mourners suit. You have to take it with you in order to get to the rock. The more prayer Items you take, more clothing items you have to carry in your inventory. Thats why its good to prioritize what to take. Is it good to take a pair of gloves that only give a +1 or +2 prayer bonus while you could actually hold another ore in that spot? Its only necessary to take the key items.
What if you took a few caged imps to send the mourners outfit to your bank? Would the prayer bonus be worth it then? You could even bring enough imps for extra rune ores. Then you would be staying longer and probably need your prayer to last longer.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Hey Wakka when i was mining in this spot i noticed that the dark beast attack me and it is nearly impossible to get the rune ore. Are you supposed to wait a couple of minutes for them to stop being aggressive or do something else?
This is explained in the guide. If auto retaliate is off, you will mine the ore as normal, however, the animation will not show. So, as it may look like your guy is not mining the ore (he is doing the animation of being attacked by something) he is still mining the ore. Test it out yourself, put on melee prayer, turn off auto retaliate, and then click the rock. You will still mine it :) .

I've been mining them once a while. There aren't really much people but it's getting crowded lately.

Anyway, I would like to add that to get more prayer bonus, expecially for low lvls, get the best prayer bonus items including mitre, stole, lvl 99 cape, god book, white knight boot and gloves, etc...

And also that prayer potion is not necessary. If you are nearly running out of prayer. Just tele back to Adrouge, recharge your prayer, walk the way back, and switch world. It helps because you are waiting for 17 min respawn anyway.

If I follow what your saying right...that is terrible advice. You wait for the ore to respawn? I could understand that if you were doing high alchemy or something but if your mining for profit, 100% of rune miners switch worlds to find spawns. You dont want to wear a full prayer set because the boots, gloves, and capes dont give high enough prayer bonuses to make a difference. The more items you were on you the less ores you can carry each trip.

Great guide. Thanks for sharing your secret. By keeping a scratch pad with respawn times, I can mine 100 ores at Heroes in about 4 hrs. The second 100 would take less time since I've already found the spawns, but I've never been able to take the concentration needed for longer than that. :P This method seems like it would be a whole lot less stressful, unless of course it also becomes packed with miners.

One thing I don't understand. Why does wearing more prayer armor (and carrying a d mace, for example) mean less ores? Is there a weight limit in RS that I'm not aware of? If so, what is it?

Thanks again for the great advice. I'll be trying it myself with teletabs.

Because of the full mourners suit. You have to take it with you in order to get to the rock. The more prayer Items you take, more clothing items you have to carry in your inventory. Thats why its good to prioritize what to take. Is it good to take a pair of gloves that only give a +1 or +2 prayer bonus while you could actually hold another ore in that spot? Its only necessary to take the key items.
What if you took a few caged imps to send the mourners outfit to your bank? Would the prayer bonus be worth it then? You could even bring enough imps for extra rune ores. Then you would be staying longer and probably need your prayer to last longer.
You could certainly do that, and I talk about using it for ores towards the end. However, the gloves, boots, etc. don't boost your prayer enough to have an effect on your prayer drain. I only use 1-2 doses per trip anyway. At a lower prayer lvl you might use 3-4 which is still less then 1 ore. A rune ore is around 11.5k and a prayer potion is (I don't know for sure) 5-6k? So, its really not that necessary.

This guide is amazing Wakka. I have been using it and the results are great. I get about 100 ores and hour for a nice 575k per hour. Thanks for sharing this, but sadly it is starting to fill up with miners.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

This guide is amazing Wakka. I have been using it and the results are great. I get about 100 ores and hour for a nice 575k per hour. Thanks for sharing this, but sadly it is starting to fill up with miners.
Nice to see someone counted. I never counted how many I got per hour but I know it was pretty good money.

Uh, is it 100 ores or 575k per hour? There's quite a difference...

Very nice guide. But this will probally get that place swamped though... I mean someone with the patience to get 85 mining surely has the patience to get the agility level and other levels for those quests, right?

And I do think this is a very nice way of making money, however I certainly wouldn't get my mining up to 85 for it. I make 10k profit per trip through the abyss (75 RC), and somehow I think a nat running trip takes a bit less time than it would to world hop, and mine the ore.

Its not, rune mining in this way is better then single crafting natures, plus its more laid back, you arent constantly clicking and you can still read the forums while you do it without slowing down. So...

nature crafting

this rune mining guide

double nature crafting

merchanting <---

thats pretty much the order it would be in for money making.

Very nice guide. But this will probally get that place swamped though... I mean someone with the patience to get 85 mining surely has the patience to get the agility level and other levels for those quests, right?

And I do think this is a very nice way of making money, however I certainly wouldn't get my mining up to 85 for it. I make 10k profit per trip through the abyss (75 RC), and somehow I think a nat running trip takes a bit less time than it would to world hop, and mine the ore.

Its not, rune mining in this way is better then single crafting natures, plus its more laid back, you arent constantly clicking and you can still read the forums while you do it without slowing down. So...

nature crafting

this rune mining guide

double nature crafting

merchanting <---

thats pretty much the order it would be in for money making.

merchanting can be anywhere on this list. It depends on how much money you have to work with and how good you are. Personally I have no patience for it and I can't do it at all. I tryed it once, spent 4 hours, and lost 50k in the end. I'ts not RS skill based so I don't include it.

100 ores at 11.5k per ore is 575k. There isn't any difference.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

you cant mine + switch 100 times a hour...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

you cant mine + switch 100 times a hour...

Oh my, Sorry, I mustn't have being paying attention, I got 100 ores every 2 hours, which worked out to 575k per hour. Sorry about that.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Really nice guide! Sad I can't mine runite yet, tough...And I'm not even a member. But I read the whole guide anyway, and I think you have done a great job!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

There is a faster (admittedly not much) method for getting rune ores than this involving the wilderness rune rocks, and it can be done 100% safely to net around 60 ores per hour :D
Meh when(or if) i ever get 85 mining im going with hero's guild... not too crowded actually
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

It really is very crowded, almost all the time. Definitely the worst spot in all of Runescape to try to mine lots of rune. If you get lucky and can properly time the respawns, you're looking at 30-40 ores per hour max at Heros guild, and that's if you get lucky and it's not that crowded. But I'd say you'll find, on average, 5-6 people world-hopping at Heros mining rune. Which doesn't sound like much spread across 60 or so worlds, but since the rune is taking 20+ minutes to respawn in a lot of those worlds, it is. Add to that the alchers that often camp in worlds 2-18, and there just isn't enough to go around.

There is a faster (admittedly not much) method for getting rune ores than this involving the wilderness rune rocks, and it can be done 100% safely to net around 60 ores per hour :D
There's only 3 rocks in the wild. The 2 in the back and the 1 in the lava maze dungeon. Lava maze is not better. Especially the time you spend walking to the bank/the chance of dying on the way back or there.

Meh when(or if) i ever get 85 mining im going with hero's guild... not too crowded actually
You must live on the other side of the world then the majority of rs'ers and are not on during peak hours (while everyone is sleeping). During the time that American's are awake it's PACKED there. Impossible to find ores. tons of competition. So..good luck :lol: .

There's only 3 rocks in the wild. The 2 in the back and the 1 in the lava maze dungeon. Lava maze is not better. Especially the time you spend walking to the bank/the chance of dying on the way back or there.

No, it involves teleing to the ice plateau, mining, world hopping, mining some more, then suiciding in or teleing from KBD lair.

very good guide that's defenitly something I'll try

have the rune ore demands gone up at all lately either? haven't mined since f2p

ores can be easily sold at 11k each. I found a constant buyer a long time ago at 11.5k though so look for 11.5k of 12k if your lucky.

Nice guide, will defintly use it when im 85 , but i probly will be like Heroes by then :(

Feel free to drop a PM in my blog to 85 mining ;)

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

DK Drop list : Dragon axe : 2 Bezerker ring's : 4 Warrior ring's : 5

Seers rings : 1