Wakka's Rune Mining Method

wakka102

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide is awesome. I said I'd use it when I got to 85 mining; I lied, I'm using it at 84.

This method is just awesome. In 30 minutes, I used 16 dwarven stouts, 5 doses of prayer potion (with +30 prayer bonus and 60 prayer), and mined 23 rune ores. That adds up to 264.5k (at 11.5k per ore), 529k/hour, even though I didn't do a couple things most effectively (mainly switching worlds).

Also, in that 30 minutes, I ran across two worlds in which it was already mined, and one of them was when I went back to one I'd already mined accidentally. So this still seems to be relatively abandoned.

Awesome guide, Wakka. Since 91 runecrafting seems impossible, I think I'll be using this for quite a while.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• 2 months later...

This is more of a bump, because this is one of the most usefull guides on the forums. For some reason it was on the 11th page?

Everyone deserves to know the information in this guide! :wink:

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

I'm currently f2p but it's not that bad mining in the wildy when you know a few tricks and are 100+ cmb.

Still getting 400k an hour using a runner (my brother) and a scout (a newb account).

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

That's a great guide. If I had the appropriate levels, I might try it!

But a question about Imps-in-a-box; if I have an inventory full of ores, will it bank all of them at once? Like I've just mined an inventory full of ores and want to bank it, that will work? Or will it only bank two of those ores?

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Its amazing that after all this time, the spot is still mostly unknown. I went to the dark beasts yesterday just to see if people were still there (only 1 person), and I found someone wearing a mining cape. He was killing the dark beasts to the east side. I asked him if he was mining the rune ore, and he didn't know it existed :lol: . So I showed it to him. It was unmined as usual. :thumbsup:

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

it used to be a great method, but now with alot of 90+ slayers mining the rune rock(such as me) while killing the dark beasts- and as i've been here i've seen alot of people changing servers here now.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

great guide, wakka! (read your blog, good luck)

also question: Did you mine iron, use granite, or some other method for 85 mining?

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Awsome guide :D I've kinda thought of mining there before, but had no idea how to go about it. This helps \:D/

EDIT: So I've actually had the chance to try this out... it doesn't work :notalk: Nope, no one should ever go there again #-o ever, ever, ever :D

Blakdragon39.png

Nice guide,

1 question,why dont you use the abbyss--> Death alter route

This will save you the morner set slots for extra ores....

[EDIT] sure,you'll have to reverse the mirrors before doing it

wow :shock: , how long till mining 99.

im waiting untill i feel like killing myself.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

Surprised this guide is still bumped up lol, haven't looked in here for a while.

I don't expect this spot to be worth much anymore with 90 slayers killing dark beasts (and mining the ores). As well as the increased popularity of it.

Cool! This will help!

Mournings end is difficult thouigh yeah?

But it's worth it!

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

hey this is a great guide i will definetely use it when i become a member next week. at the lava maze i was able to get a full load in one hour, which gave me about 1 mil plus in 4 hours, but since the bank trip was very long, i am wondering how much you can make an hour with this method. thanks again.

runemsmithcape,saber%20blade2.gif

Feel Free to Pm me for anything

• 1 month later...

hmm nice guide you got here.(sorry to hear about ur quitting i knows its some time ago :P )i have 85mining but i quess the spot is ruined nowdays...

anyways 10/10