wakka102

~~~~~~~~Wakka's Rune Mining Method~~~~~~~~

Index

1.) Background Information

2.) The Method

3.) Why Should You Use It?

4.) Extra Tips

~~~~~~~~Background Information~~~~~~~~

So I managed to get 89 whip drops. I was getting a little tired of killing these things! I'd maxed out my combat stats at that point and was really just looking for money. Whips, at this time, had fallen in price to 1.8m each. I decided, it's time for a change, so began searching for other methods of money making. I finally found it in rune mining. With my recent success of hitting 91 rcing, I feel it is now time to share with Tip.It how I was able to mine the amount of rune ores that I did in the short amount of time that I did it. I have never told anybody else this method in hopes of keeping it a semi-secret. So here it is, my guide to mining rune ores at the Dark Beasts

~~~~~~~~The Method~~~~~~~~

Requirements

1.) Minimum of 43 prayer (the more the better)

2.) At least 85 mining

3.) Access to the Dark Beasts (STARTED Mourners End Part 2)

Try to get as close as you can to get this inventory:

wearswu7.png

inventoryio5.png

This is only an example inventory. The prayer potion amounts could be different depending on your prayer bonus/prayer level so experiment with it and specialize that aspect to your own characters needs. You do not need any more prayer bonus items equip because there are no others that give a large enough prayer bonus to effect it. If new items with higher prayer bonuses are released for the positions then feel free to use them instead. Just remember that the more prayer items you wear, the less amount of ores you can retrieve per trip.

The next step is to follow this path to the rune ore:

mappic1yh5.png

Change back to your prayer costume after reaching this point:

putonprayerequipmenthernp4.png

Put on MELEE PRAYER and run at this point (when you see the dark beasts):

turnonprayerherens6.png

Run straight to the rock, most cases it will be unmined :D . This is where you want to stand in order to switch worlds effectively:

locationtostandlv0.png

From this position you can log out without any damage occuring to you. Switch worlds after mining the ore (see Extra Tips for world switching techniques).

After mining an inventory full of rune ores, travel back the same way you came.

~~~~~~~~Why Should You Use It?~~~~~~~~

First off, I believe this is the fastest method available for mining rune ores currently in Runescape. In all of my trips down there I ran into no more then 1 other miner at a time even during peak hours! I think the best way to see the benefits of this place is to see how it better then the other spots.

2 rune rocks at the back of the wilderness - Obvious reasons, its very difficult to mine there in p2p due to danger as well as all the f2p rocks usually are mined already. I went out there once and was able to mine 4 rune ores over the course of 1 hour.

Lava Maze - The most effective method under Dark Beast rune mining. Usually not very many people there and is still effective. The problem is that it is very far from a bank, and not to meantion very dangerous due to it being in the wilderness. Its about 2 to 3 times farther from the bank then at the Dark Beasts as well as Dark Beasts have about the same population of miners as the Lava Maze does.

The Heroes Guild - 1 word..."crowds"...its nearly impossible at all times of the day to find rocks that are unmined.

~~~~~~~~Extra Tips~~~~~~~~

World Switch

1.) Line up the worlds so that it goes from last world to first world. Start at the last world and move up from there (start at 132, go to 131, then 130, etc.).

2.) If, when going down the line of worlds, run into a rock that is already mined, either just down 5 to 10 worlds and keep going or, if its been long enough, start over from the first world you were in.

3.)There is no need to actually log your player off after moving to the spot behind the rock. The monsters can't get to you and while you are waiting for the 10 seconds of combat to end in order to log out. you could be using that 10 seconds to get into the next world and just allow the character to log off itself.

4.) When mining, you do not need to click the rock more then once even if a Dark Beast is attacking you! It may seem as if your just standing there, being slammed by attacks but you are still mining the rock regardless of whether or not you have auto retaliate on or off. The Mining ability overrides the attack ability but the attack animation overrides the mining animation, its strange but true.

Dark Beast Information

It's a common misconception (and one reason why I dont think this method is popular) is that alot of people think you need 90 slayer to be around them. This is not true at all. Dark Beasts act much like the monster within the Fight Cave. The only time these monsters will mage you is if you get too far away or try to hide from them (range) AND ATTACK THEM. Basically, as long as you've got your rune pickaxe equiped and do not attack the Dark Beasts, there is no need at any point to worry about there mage attack!

Miscellaneous

1.) With the release of the hunter skill, you can use the Imp In A Box to your advantage! Bring some along with you in order to bank with! but make sure you bring along extra prayer potions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like this guide, it helped me make more money then I was at the abyssal demons and hopefully it will work for you too :D

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity I don't have 85 mining, or I'd go try this...

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

Very nice guide, this is AoW material.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Very nice guide. But this will probally get that place swamped though... I mean someone with the patience to get 85 mining surely has the patience to get the agility level and other levels for those quests, right?

And I do think this is a very nice way of making money, however I certainly wouldn't get my mining up to 85 for it. I make 10k profit per trip through the abyss (75 RC), and somehow I think a nat running trip takes a bit less time than it would to world hop, and mine the ore.

Very nice guide. But this will probally get that place swamped though... I mean someone with the patience to get 85 mining surely has the patience to get the agility level and other levels for those quests, right?

And I do think this is a very nice way of making money, however I certainly wouldn't get my mining up to 85 for it. I make 10k profit per trip through the abyss (75 RC), and somehow I think a nat running trip takes a bit less time than it would to world hop, and mine the ore.

Its not, rune mining in this way is better then single crafting natures, plus its more laid back, you arent constantly clicking and you can still read the forums while you do it without slowing down. So...

nature crafting

this rune mining guide

double nature crafting

thats pretty much the order it would be in for money making.

good guide. I just wanna say that the whole mind set of mining rune for you is very differnt then 95% of miners. If im out in 48 wildy mining and a pack of 90's sees me they will rip me to pieces. If they see you, they go home crying to thier moms. Just being such a high combat gives a lot more confidence in doing anything, especially something as risky as mining runite ores. Good guide though, too bad im f2p.

mithmchef,bigdrizzle13.gif

good guide. I just wanna say that the whole mind set of mining rune for you is very differnt then 95% of miners. If im out in 48 wildy mining and a pack of 90's sees me they will rip me to pieces. If they see you, they go home crying to thier moms. Just being such a high combat gives a lot more confidence in doing anything, especially something as risky as mining runite ores. Good guide though, too bad im f2p.

The whole point of this guide though is that it's not in the wildy, so much less risky. :)

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"