A lesson hard learnt..

silentdeathe

Well, ill set the scene.

Alching in world 2 fally, I was paying more attention to IRC than I was to rs. Suddenly I check back, and i am in Fally castle, with three of the items i had bought at the time. Sadly what i had left in a nice little pile included 800 magic long bows, 800 nature runes, 2 million Gp and one red party hat, practically my entire Rs existence.

I stood there stunned for a moment, didn't really comprehend that I had lost the item that i had had for over 3 years, and had toiled many a day away at the Taverly dragons to posses.

But this is not a sympathy post, and i think that losing it has taught me a couple of things that i thought i may as well share. Lessons that can be scaled up to real life - and ones that are much better taught to you in RS than in the real world perhaps. You never know how much you value something until its gone. :wink:

And not all of these lessons were negative, either. I really learnt about about the kindness of 'strangers' and i don't mean in a material way. Not only was the support from clan members and close friends, but also from people I've never met before. Selling some items, one person told me 'To keep your chin up' 'Your a level above the people who would whine and quit over this.'

I guess it may sound silly, but it is amazing the response from general people that you might not expect when you encounter a time of hardship. For me this was an experience that i will value, and use it to understand other peoples situations, whether they be in rs or rl. It also really helped putting Rs into perspective. It is still a game, and never should be scaled in comparison to real life; however the values that you learn from it, can.

React to this how you want :P. Flame me, ridicule it or understand it, I just thought i might as well share this with you in the spirit of the holiday season. :P

*Hug*

Are you going to work your way up again to own a red phat?

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

why the hell would you alch in world 2 fally.....

thats why you never alch in rares or anytihng expensive

because phat merchanting is extremelly slow... thats why rich people tend to have very high mage lvls...

dang... are you gona quit or try to get back?

i hate that other players get your stuff when you die...

happiehour.jpeg

Well I'm sorry you lost all of those items. As some people have said, having sound on can really help. Next time try to be more careful. You never know what could happen.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

good luck man, i cant know how you feel though, Ive never had more than 150k, and ive been playing for years, of my own accord, of course, I know it doesnt look like it but... ive played ofr about 2 and a half years and never got rich so quite frankly I dont feel the sorrow get over it

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

that was such a sad story, and glad your not quiting, and very happy that your having such a positive way at looking at things, wish i was more like you, last time something like that happened to me i just quit

legends2.jpg

Good luck to you and do keep your chin up.

And to look at it another way, some lucky person will have picked up that phat. Can you imagine finding one of those on the ground? Not helpful if you've lost it, but I'm sure someone's day got a whole let better.

Planning on earning it back?

Drunkenmonka.gif

you must not have been paying attention for a while cause even the evil chicken takes a while to kill you

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

Sorry to hear your loss, just remember what not to do next time. :wink:

I've lost 3.1M while browsing on the forum while merchanting, not a big loss, but I learned my lesson. Goodluck with regaining your money back!

2 things...

1)if your sound is off that's a little ironic...

2)and how are you alching but not paying attention to the game?

i had a spare red p hat, and i'de gladly give it to you, had i not given it to a friend... sorry to hear about your loss though... and especially around this time of the year...

Kane531.png

The world is full of self proclaimed experts who really don't know what they are talking about.

kane531.png

Oh fun for the guy who finds the drop, some kid 'what's this'. Haha. Well, I feel sorry for you, I've lost many expensive items aswell, Full Guthix, Blue H'ween Mask and so on. Well, you should always check ingame so nothing has happened.

Good luck to you and do keep your chin up.

And to look at it another way, some lucky person will have picked up that phat. Can you imagine finding one of those on the ground? Not helpful if you've lost it, but I'm sure someone's day got a whole let better.

Planning on earning it back?

Haha, yeah right. He was in the party hat area, am I right? Odds are some greedy merchant with 5 billion worth of items picked it up and it means nothing to him.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.