Alchemy should be more interesting

Dead_Dumb

Has anyone seen FMA? (Full Metal Alchemist)

If you haven't seen the anime be4, their version of alchemy is changing items of the same value to another item with the same value or something like that. Sorta have to watch it to get it... (or get a better explaination off someone else =P)

Their version of alchemy is heaps cooler/accurate to Rs' version. I think there should be an update...

what's your thoughts?

:D

changing a bucket into a blue party hat... :-k not a good idea :notalk:

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

Okay

That is technically the wrong version of alchemy you described, ancient mythology alchemy was the art of turning anything to gold. Meaning the rs version is nearer to correct as it changes an item to gold.

Turning an object into another object of the same value is what the ancient mythological description of transfiguration is.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Okay

That is technically the wrong version of alchemy you described, ancient mythology alchemy was the art of turning anything to gold. Meaning the rs version is nearer to correct as it changes an item to gold.

Turning an object into another object of the same value is what the ancient mythological description of transfiguration is.

not all items into gold "looks around for remains of my alched rune defender"

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

From memory Alchemy-the practice of turning one object into another.

Basics

Four elements fire, air, earth and water make up everything on earth and gold is an exact combination of the four. they didn't make much headway, although they made some advanced equipment, like distilation.

In esscence alchemy is turning anything to anything else.

which is primitive chemistry.

But this is runescape, so reality doesn't need to bear on it.

I think runescape is fine as it is, they may introduce an Alchemist who can change items into othere items, but full blown alchemy would probably deserve a skill of it's own. with things like

Level 99:change bronze to rune (advanced equipment needed)

I find the alchemy in Runescape ok, althoug i'ts a little flawed. I can't alch gold coins: they are already made of gold, yet I can alch gold bars and ores.

Also, adding a bowstring to a bow greatly improves the alchinh profit, altohugh the string only weights a couple of grams.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Okay

not all items into gold "looks around for remains of my alched rune defender"

rune defender has no value in gold in rs hence alching it yields no gold

Also the person who said lead to gold that is the type of alchmy that was attempted in past and the type that was worked with and developed from in mythology

Most stories revolve around Merlin using earth air fire and water to manipulate objects into gold, gradually working up from the basic lead.

This would therefore seem a likely base for where rs alchemy came from given we have merlin plus magic is based on the 4 elements

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alchemy was the pratice to make a element (like lead), or groups of elements, into pure gold. This is the old real life way and RS way.

The "alchemy " in FMA just changes the object into another object by equivalent exchange. But it has to have the same element in the two objects. Thus the equivalent exchange part.

So you'll pretty much screw up the economy and high alch industry. :(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If you haven't seen the anime be4, their version of alchemy is changing items of the same value to another item with the same value or something like that. Sorta have to watch it to get it... (or get a better explaination off someone else =P)

Their version of alchemy is heaps cooler/accurate to Rs' version. I think there should be an update...

what's your thoughts?

See children? Anime eats your mind.

what's your thoughts?

First of all, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FTW! (siggy)

Second, alchemy was in old times a theory of "alchemists", that is a type of scientist before the chemists, that lead could be turned into gold. The show really just used the cool word and it's relation to science to make a cool show with a sweet name. Jagex is using the old, real usage of the term "alchemy".

FMA doesent even make sence

I know :shock: . I mean, what's up with him changing the metal of his arm? Where's the expansion or contraction with the release and adding of electrons, protons, and neutrons? Where the heck is the radioactivity!?

And turning Sloth into ethanol. She's made of water! H2O! Where the heck did he get all that carbon for ethanol!?!!

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

FMA is a little out there lol, although it is a great show, you really shouldn't base that as 'a realiable source' :wink:

as most people have said, alchemy was a primitive science, on a side note, magic has nothing to really do with real life ancient alchemy

legends2.jpg

I moved this to RuneScape Bugs & Suggestions, because since this is a suggestion after all, I think it's better suited there. Feel free to PM me if you feel it should be moved back.

~Tripsis

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Alchemy is turning anything into gold, which means the RS version is correct. As quoted by someone earlier, Don't fix what isn't broken. The idea of it being lead into gold is that most RL alchemists believed that lead was the most easy material to work with. Alchemy is fine, dont fix what ain't broken.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Its funny how you cant alch coins, but you can alch anything made of gold...

Why cant I take a amulet mold, and make a gold bar into it, and use it as coins...

Why do you melt a gold bar into something the size of a coin, what happens to the rest of the gold!

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

FMA is a little out there lol, although it is a great show, you really shouldn't base that as 'a realiable source' :wink:

as most people have said, alchemy was a primitive science, on a side note, magic has nothing to really do with real life ancient alchemy

I agree *pokes siggy* that Fullmetal Alchemist is awesome but as Stilev said, it's not a "reliable source" and isn't exactly what alchemy really is.

I don't mean to be mean or to flame or anything like that, but almost everyone else here is right, that the real "alchemy" is just item->gold. I think it's fine the way it is.

you dont, alchemy was attempted but i dont think any1 ever acheived true alchemy because the real basis of alchemy i was thought to beleive was turning lead to gold

Alchemy in ancient times was the practice of turning any other metal into gold. If you look at the items database (btw, I LOVE it), the items you can get the most money from, are metal. And if you take a survey, what type of item do people alch most of the time? Metal.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

You you wanna change a rune platebody to a saradomin platebody?? ( They sell for the same in the general store, thats what the low level alchemy prices are based on, so the specialty store ( if there is one ) must also consider them equal. )

But change rune plate to sara plate is ok with me!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$