Back then in Runescape 2...

Infi

r.i.p. old front page... :(

Psh, i remember when santas were 200K (got mine for 160k, quite a bargain!), yellows 7m, purples 1m, blue halloween (NOT H'WEEN) masks were 90k... :|

when world 1 had, oh...give or take 1.3k players in it max, when world 29 was the 2nd biggest world...i wubed that world <3:

i also remember one colored rocks...when the best f2p arrows were steel, best bow was willow...ah the memories... \'

It was oak.

And who remembers the farmer guy in falador? He wasn't called Farmer. I remember I made a thread something R.I.P. . R.I.P btw. :x

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when RuneScape actually had some nostalgia going; it was so strong that mining was actually FUN and not a chore! (The Way-back-when days)

I remember when Falador was not so bright.

I remember a time before RuneCrafting.

I remember struggling to get to 40 ranged, then getting 70 in literally two weeks.

I remember when they had that gigantic red "PLAY" button in the centre of their website.

I remember when I first saw the animated login screen of RuneScape2. I was seriously hyped up then.

I remember (a brief period of time) when freeplay could report RS2 bugs as they found them. (I know because I made one or two.)

I remember when there was less than 40K players.

I remember when there was less than 30K players.

"" "" "" "" "" "" "" 25K players.

I remember when Rune was expensive.

I remember when you had to struggle for 15k experience an hour at any melee training spot.

I remember fatigue and sleeping bags.

I remember that sleeping bags were once a part of RS2 for a bit. Instead of that annoying word entry system, a one-click bit and your fatigue was gone. Very neat. I wish I had of taken a picture of an RS2 sleeping bag; that'd be awesome to have somewhere.

------

That's all I can remember. :(

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I remember how the mining guild used to be so empty, I couldn't go in so I asked someone to take a picture and send it to me...yeah, I was stupid, he could've given me a keylogger but he didn't. I was like WOW! :shock:, so much coal... :uhh:

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

i remember before the graphical updates.... falador didnt look like a vanilla crunchbar... characters didnt have that milky faded look to em... imps!!! oh the imps!!! i also remember that the run button was in the emote page (wich used to be easy to use -____-) and to this day i continue to click the emote page for the run button >_<... and of course i remember a time before the most terrible thing happened... i remember.... before fishing autoers O___O!!! i used to do some fishing cause my friend took me to karamja when i was level 26 and i nevah left! i remember everyone there was just hanging around relaxing talking to everyone asking about fishing and life and things.. it was an actual chunk of rs2 community that wasnt ruined by noobs and autoers... then i logged on a year or 2 after... i went to karamja to work up to swordfish because i never got to em... then i saw it.... a level 3 non-speaking autoing noob named 700200986 oh the horror.... i never go back there unless its to get some food.... oh... and i know he was an autoer because he got killed by a random event....

• 2 weeks later...
I remembered there was once when someone duplicated all the party hats which caused all the prices of these hats to drop.

Pink party hat which was supposed to be the most expensive became the cheapest, whereas blue party hat became the most expensive!

Anyone remember this incident?

but blue became black then they were lost and andrew gower has the only 1 left

maxsig28nv.gif

Back when Falador didn't look like a KKK rally.

:D

Ah...when I sold my Santa for 750k and thought I was a great merchant for making a 250k profit, only to find that 2 days later the price shot to 1.5 mil #-o . Of course...1.5 mil is still a great price compared to what we see today :x

I remember when there was no ancient magic.

I remember when rangers got owned on F2P(shame they fixed that :thumbsup: )

I remember when World 2 Varrock was just as busy as Fally, if not more so, and there was actually a part right in front of the bank that was pretty much reserved for scammers.

I remember when the only reason people only went into the swamps past Canifis was for quests.

I remember when you could actually talk to other people when WCing in F2P(can't really talk to a SCAR script, can you?)

I remember when it wasn't against the rules to use a 3rd Party client that was actually useful.

I remember when mauls were 2 mil, and when the first abby slayers sold whips for 30 mil :o

Most of all, I remember when Runescape was FUN.

I remember when autoers were rare :shock:

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: that must have been years ago lol now i cant vut my god dam yews without some lvl 3 called xyxsofndufh768 taking my logs

:lol: Yeah, they have pretty wacky names so you have to write down their names then type it in to report them. :x

I remembered there was once when someone duplicated all the party hats which caused all the prices of these hats to drop.

Pink party hat which was supposed to be the most expensive became the cheapest, whereas blue party hat became the most expensive!

Anyone remember this incident?

but blue became black then they were lost and andrew gower has the only 1 left

lmao. where'd u hear this load of bull?

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

When runes were NOT CROOKED :(

Here's what they look like now:

LawRune.pngDeathRune.pngChaosRune.png

This is what they looked like before:

rune_law.pngrune_death.pngrune_chaos.png

Death and chaos runes looked like little instruments of destruction ^_^ The Law's scales were balanced, Cosmics weren't upside-down, water and blood runes didn't have ridiculously large symbols...

If it's only this side of RS2...

I remember March 29, when it was first released. There were never so many people so confused at the same time as that day. :lol:

I remember when there was no Pest Control and no Castle Wars. I also remember before Ancient Majiks ruled P2P.

i remember when rs 2 just came out and in rsc:

i remember when mith was the best item, when rune 2h was like 10 mil.

i remember when there was carpentry in rsc

heroes get remembered, legends never die

R.I.P Cliff Burton, one true Bassist, © Iron Maiden (below)

rotatemk8.th.jpg

dragonmdharok,ssjim826.gif

I remember...

When I got a yo-yo I thought I was the coolest player in the game...

The world select screen was in coloums (And it was so much more easier to use)...

No miniclipers, no autoers...

You could acturly know what emote you were using...

The old front page (r.i.p)...

Highscores only up to 500,000 (I thought that if I got even one skill on them I would be extreamly skilled)...

R2h looked the same weilded as longs...

Had your quest points in the skills screen...

Could log in once to veiw forums, highscores and other stuff...

Also, when did runecrafting come out? I think I remember the release, the only f2p skill and quest I've seen in 2 years...

• 9 months later...

Since the release of awesome items such as Godswords and such, I thought it would be crucial to post that things that are taken for granted nowadays were very hard to obtain back then. You even heard people saying "Dry streaks", when it was just a joyous feeling to kill the strongest monster in Runescape, while getting a drop was a very fortunate gift from Runescape to you.

I remember when Dragon Medium Helms were in the upward 3M+ area, now they plunge below 300k. :?

I remember when, I traded full sara for a santa hat.

I remember when, I traded full guthix for a green mask

I remember when, Andrew and Paul actually logged in and was in contact with the community constantly

I remember when, Slayer wasn't around.

I could think of more, but I cannot think atm.

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

I remember..

..when God Armors were more expensive than the holiday items.

..the old classic graphics.

..times with less immature kids and less autoers.

..when Slayer was released.

..my Blue long lost H'ween mask :cry: