How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

Well my friend and I used to take turns playing RS on the same computer...well anyway her and I were kind of like in a race to get to 60 mining, and I took a break to try and buy a rune pick...a guy was selling one for 12k...I traded to see if it was true and said "Oops brb I only have 10k."

Went to get 2k more, went back, and he put up a bronze pick this time (it was noted, of course). I fell for it. My friend laughed her butt off. She beat me. <.<

Well my friend and I used to take turns playing RS on the same computer...well anyway her and I were kind of like in a race to get to 60 mining, and I took a break to try and buy a rune pick...a guy was selling one for 12k...I traded to see if it was true and said "Oops brb I only have 10k."

Went to get 2k more, went back, and he put up a bronze pick this time (it was noted, of course). I fell for it. My friend laughed her butt off. She beat me.

Wow hard luck mate... :mrgreen: Your almost as bad as me! Sorry i shouldn't laugh... Anyway i bet your dying to beat her at the next event you do \'

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Went to get 2k more, went back, and he put up a bronze pick this time (it was noted, of course). I fell for it. My friend laughed her butt off. She beat me. <.<

lol i dont get how this is happening?

im sure bronze pick is waaay more than a 3k difference from a rune one

lol in the case that you quest id say stop (for your protection) untill you figure out methods on how not to get scammed

Ring_World.gif

lol i dont get how this is happening?

im sure bronze pick is waaay more than a 3k difference from a rune one

lol in the case that you quest id say stop (for your protection) untill you figure out methods on how not to get scammed

Oh no, no...This was long before the unbalanced trade update. Infact I would say it was roughly two years ago that this happened? Yes I do enjoy questing, but since the trade update, I usually just use the Grand Exchange. So yeah there werent little alerts to show me about unbalanced trades, or even the other player's name back then. My friend watching has a good memory, so was able to tell me the guys name exactly...which is lucky. And that was the only time I was ever scammed...I'm not guilible...If somethings too good to be true, then it usually is, and since that incident I've not listened to anything of the sort....soooo yeah this isnt like it happened yesterday...

Can't help but noticing all this arguing is completely off topic and irrelevant so get over it both of you and stick the subject. Mkay?

OT: (wow the irony...)

besidez from all dat, soem guy told me u trade pokemon cardz?
OK this is obviously a lie but have you seen a look at his sig. Being an avid Pokemon fan at the age of 13 (go me) i can see that that is a Pikachu which is a Pokemon. Also it says "I hurd you like mudkiepz" Now i'm not 100% on this but Mudkiepz sounds like the Water Pokemon Mudkip which implies more Pokemon related things onto you. So don't try and spread lies about him which clearly put you in the spotlight.

Li Chef

This whole "I heard you like Mudkips" thing started on the internet. As everyone pretty much knows, Mudkip becomes pretty much useless in the end (Good from Third Gym when you evolve it).

I gave up on the cards years ago. However I do still play Sapphire (rarely), which is my only remaining game from the series (cousin lost Silver).

Albeit, the whole craze died out years ago here, now you rarely see anyone playing the games, myself and a couple mates still do though. Its an alright RPG, though most people see it too "kiddy" now.

Sucks how you got scammed Lordking, at least whenever you get scammed you learn to check you are getting the correct item.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Some guy I don't know and PMs me asks if I have a (worthless item I knew nothing about) to sell to him for 4.2m. Then a different guy randomly trades with me and offers that item. I show 800k in items for some reason. Then I decline and think it is a scam. After talking to the guy who PMed me, I think that it might not be a scam. I don't know how, but I talked myself into thinking it wasn't a scam (this is the first time I have ever fallen for a scam).

Well i eventually make the trade, and both guys log out (put me on ignore list probably). Well now I feel like an idiot since I realized the item was barely worth 15k. I still don't know why I did it. I will not mention the item because it will make me look like a fool. I should have known what it was. :wall:

that same thing happened to me the very first time i got over 100k ( i got 600k) and some lvl 121 tradse me and offers around 40m worth of stuff and says he will trade it all for a paramaya ticket, at that time i havent played for long and didnt kno what it was and accepted for 600k for a paramaya ticket when some lvl 90 showed it to me -.-

ive also been scammed by the popular pot scam, staking i saw some1 paying others 100k to stake him and he provide food so he can max, ok i thought cause i was happy just won over 10m,

so i trade him and first time luckily i didnt trade my excalibur -.- so i tell him i dont got neough room, that time i put up all i had in a way of trying to show off i guess, the second time i just put up one of ea item =/ stupid me rofl, took 2 times and i didnt notice till a WHILE later when i try and look for my dark bow, it was 4 days after dark bow came out,

was about to quit but managed to win a fury and some mill back that evening =)

Some guy I don't know and PMs me asks if I have a (worthless item I knew nothing about) to sell to him for 4.2m. Then a different guy randomly trades with me and offers that item. I show 800k in items for some reason. Then I decline and think it is a scam. After talking to the guy who PMed me, I think that it might not be a scam. I don't know how, but I talked myself into thinking it wasn't a scam (this is the first time I have ever fallen for a scam).

Well i eventually make the trade, and both guys log out (put me on ignore list probably). Well now I feel like an idiot since I realized the item was barely worth 15k. I still don't know why I did it. I will not mention the item because it will make me look like a fool. I should have known what it was. :wall:

that same thing happened to me the very first time i got over 100k ( i got 600k) and some lvl 121 tradse me and offers around 40m worth of stuff and says he will trade it all for a paramaya ticket, at that time i havent played for long and didnt kno what it was and accepted for 600k for a paramaya ticket when some lvl 90 showed it to me -.-

Heh I remember trading about 1mil+ worth at the time for an Arena Book.

Yeah I didn't do Mage Arena much, and it was just after Pest Control came out.

I had got the books mixed up since the other guy was offering about 3mil for it, so I traded 1mil+ worth of stuff for under 35gp.

I destroyed that damn book.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

A few months back, there was me, in draynor, with my trusty d axe going for 99wc. As u know, u get to know some faces when u been there long enough and I befreinded someone. We spent a few weeks together havin a laugh as u do. Initially he asked if he could borrow my axe, I just laughed. Then weeks l8r, he asked me if he could borrow it again. As I thought I knew him I did, he logged never to be seen again. Give him his due, he worked it well. Live and learn, live and learn :D

a few months back (when i was rich hence that) i traded a fury for what i though to believe was full verac. at that time verac was 4.4m and fury was 3.7m. as i traded i saw a buyier for veracs. i traded him and he goes "thats not full" i looked down to notice he traded 2 verac skirts and there was no helm. scammed by lv13, lost 2m ish in profit and went to cw to kill peeps in anger. i know i've learnt my lesson 8-)

Popoto.~<3

• 4 months later...

somebody wanted to trade for my 12k fires, 500 nats and obby cape and he was in the wildy.... all of a sudden i see a really really big pile of cash in the wild a couple steps(about where he was). im thinking omg yay free cash (he sed it was 5m) so i go in to get it and i get teleblocked, frozen and utterly slaughtered by ice barrages... :wall:

he had a friend apparently....

Maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

Volleyball... THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!

visage drop:22/06/08

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

barrows drops: none!

dragon drops: skirt x3, med x1.

Sword dude, Im gonna say this because you need to know.

Take a freaking chill pill. Firstly, if the dude gets scammed because he beleived someone, that wasnt smart. Spitting at someone? Calling him a moron? Just because your on the internet, doesnt give you douche bag rights <.<

On topic, only time I ever got scammed was before trade limit. I got convinced that a runeplate at 100k was cheap.

GG.gif

Got a zammy plate form a level 3 clue when they were like 900k(a little bit after the g.e. came out, but no trading limit yet) so I went to world 1 cause I couldn't sell in p2p so the guy put up 1.1 Mill so im I'm like alright then he changed to 1mill and like 1/2 second after that it went to 100k which I didn't see untill the millisecond I clicked accept. Meh, still got 100k out of it

Retired from Runescape.....for now

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=748278<

xb0x%20rulzs.png

I did real world trading and got my first whip. Some guy comes up to me and got me in the wild and scammed me 3 dragon battleaxes... I was kinda depressed and went on youtube and saw some pking videos. I saw the same guy that scammed me get killed in a video! Wow... no wonder he scammed me he died 35 33 dds :o owned :D

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

I did real world trading and got my first whip. Some guy comes up to me and got me in the wild and scammed me 3 dragon battleaxes... I was kinda depressed and went on youtube and saw some pking videos. I saw the same guy that scammed me get killed in a video! Wow... no wonder he scammed me he died 35 33 dds :o owned :D

I wouldnt admit I RWT if I was you...

GG.gif

I was trading in world two and worked two months runecrafting to buy veracs. I traded someone and they offered full veracs for the normal price(nothing was strange about it) and right before I clicked into the second trade window, the person switched veracs brassard with veracs plateskirt. I looked at the second trade window, saw four veracs and hit accept. I lost 1.4m...

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

i was a lil stupid because i wanted a whip really bad. i mean REALLY BAD, And some guy said he'd sell me a potion for 1m. well, some other guy was saying "buying potion 3m" i bought the potion, and both guys logged out. i was like "DUDE!!! I GOT SCAMMED FOR ONE MILLION GOLD!!!" :o

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

Ok this was a along time ago but this is the story-

I worked hard for my very first wip, iwent inot w2 to buy one, i bought one then i was so exited i

got one i started killing gaurds with it and happy and exited that i could hit so hard with it. then

some lv 80ish player with a santa came up to me and said " hey abby do have any lore remains i

can buy?" i said " no y do u need them?" He said " my friend is giving me 16m for 5 loar remains"

and th minute he said that i could tell something was fishy here, and i went to the bank to go get

some stuff to sell in fally park when i some guy is saying " buying wip very good offer" so i trade

him and there t was 7 shiny loar remains. i said " there is some guy by the gaurd trading a santa

for 5 of them" and he said "realy" andi said yes so he went to the guy and came back wearing a

santa and he was thanking me and stuff and then im like maybe this guy is for real? and i asked

the loar seller if he had anymore and he said idk lemee check and sure enough he had 5 of em and

he said " ill trade u em for your wip?" and im like ok and i thought i was getin a sanat for cheap!

but when i went over to the guy i showed him the loars ad i said "sanat plz" and he said " wuts a

santa? and im like omg no!!!! i worked hard for that wip and i just got scammed out of it by a

team scam.

now i know to never trade for anything idk wut it is. (sorry that its long)

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

• 1 month later...

Well, I was a relatively high level and my good friend ruined our friendship by scamming 500k off me. What a noob.

He told me he needed 500k fast for his brother so he'd buy him a game. And if I could give him that 500k for the game he'd get, he'd give me a whip. I wouldn't have fallen for this, had I known he'd trade 500k for a year long friendship.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

i made my first 2mil or so, and was out buying some nice armour (f2p) so eventually i thought rune g was the best price for what it was.

i bought it for about 1.2mil i think, that was the price then, and wore it happily. then one day I was out mining and a guy asked me why I was wearing addy g shield with rune g? I was like uuhhh, not i am not, but then checked and was shocked to see addy g kite.

But i thought, hey if i fell for it,so will somebody else, so i did, so no great loss. Some people have tried to ure me in to wildy saying, come n be in my pk video, i will give u 2mil (or w.e they offering) they tried to get me skulled but i never fell for it

gerbilisers.png

• 5 weeks later...

I've been item scammed once and lured once, The time i got scammed it was my first day on runescape and i'd just bought my first bronze 2h, then this guy comes up to me and says he will enchant my bronze 2h so i say ok (because i'd heard of jewellery enchanting so i thought it would work with weapons aswell) so of course he steals my 2h. :wall:

The time i got lured was when some guy told me that he would show me a place to get full black armour and 100k for free so i followed him and he goes to the wildi (i didnt know what it was back then) it turns out he had a friend. :wall:

98% of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock put this on your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It was a while ago, but I lost almost full guthix because someone offered 1.2m and a rune(t) full helm.

He did the 'add lots of useless items, and distract people with a semi-precious item'

He changed the 1.2m to 12k, but I made the money back and I'm not as bothered by it as much anymore.

I've also been scammed a tan cav, and a rune chain. But those are minimal losses.

Eskimodude1.png