How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

Got hacked for the 1st time :(. Lost my fury which I bought ages ago when it was cheap and my mint cake, which is now trash. Other than that, the hacker sold a lot of my stuff (gems, dbones, logs) for some reason, ignored my other more valuable things and I lost 10-20m coins. I'm just glad that I still have my account and I'll actually go make a bank pin and other stuff now. I blame my stupidity for downloading stuff that I thought was safe and not using different password for RS...

• 1 month later...

My first day as a naive member many, many years ago, I met my first pure in combat. We were both in full rune with scimmies. Being somewhat confident, I attacked him. He then whipped out a granite maul on my newly skulled character and 2-shotted me. Needless to say, I was shocked. For one, being a someone competent PKer in f2p, I had never expected that. Secondly, I knew nothing about members, so this was an item I'd never seen.

The 200k I had to shell out for another suit was a lot to me back then, too!

*fist shake*

I totally deserved it, though. The wilderness wasn't to be trifled with.

Ah, yes, the old art of scam. Heh, I've just got scammed once, and it was one of my most epic adventures through Runescape. * Go to the end to read the summary.

Long ago, in a time before trade-limits or Grand Exchange existed, there was a place, named "Varrock's West Bank", in which people used to trade their items through endless typing. Imagine the visual contamination, just like actual merchs clan, but with reasons. Trying to look through all the messages finding the precise one was complicated.

"Wow grandpa, did you really traded items in that way? No one goes to that ruin you call a bank and trade items anymore! At least respectable people don't go trading items there!"

Hahaha, yes, those old times were fantastic.

So, I had just sold my big amount of coal, aproximately 1000 coal, or how you call it know, a "k". In those days, 1 coal costed 180 gp, and now they cost around 260gp. After all that effort, I used all my money to buy the parts I needed to complete my full rune set, and I bought a longsword, one of my favourite weapons. In those days, I was a young lvl 50 knight. A gullible young lvl 50 knight. I was leaving the bank when, outside of it, there was a man saying "1t3m c0mp3t1t10n, h1gh3st pr1c3 w1ns (item competition, highest price wins)".

It looked a bit safe, you just had to show your item on a trade, and he compared it with your contender's item. Then, the winner got the contendor's item. I thought then, ok, my longsword should do it. I staked my longsword. And in a blink of an eye, he stole it. My contendor gave an Amulet Of Power, in which does days costed about 6000-7000 gp, not like now that they cost half. I started to say to him that I wanted my longsword back, and my contendor wanted his amulet. We kept on arguing until my contendor gave up, and ran away.

"You didn't gave up, right grandpa?"

I didn't give up, indeed.

He said, GTFO (Get the FUDGE out!), and I keep yelling at him "GIVE ME MY ITEM, SCAMMER!", and hit the report abuse button like if I was getting paid to do it. He started to run, and I, just followed him, running. We ran across the entire city of Varrock, while shouting "Give me my item!". Then, we got into an Inn, which name I can't remember, but I remember it is outside of the walls of Varrock, to it's north east, north of the earth mysterious ruins, south of the "new lumbercamp", where there was this Dr. who helped me to slay this vampire, and there is a Black Knight in.

He climbed the stairs, and I climbed them too. When I climbed it, I realized he was casting the "Home Teleport Spell". I quickly did it too, and got into lumbridge.

The problem was that, there were a lot of people, begging for things, saying "Phr33 st00f pl0x" or "Dancing for money!". So, I did something quite intelligent, I added him as a friend, to be able to catch him on the map, looking as a green spot, a green spot that said: "I laughed at your face, so come and get your honour back!". I kept the pursue, and we ended in Varrock again. He finally decided to stop on the backyard of Juliet's house.

"What did you do then! You killed him?"

No, you couldn't kill people in Varrock before of the PVP worlds.

When I reached him, I told him to give me my item back, and sosmething nice ocurred. My contendor, was standing nearby, and he brought people who were also scammed by him. We all said to give the items back but...

"He didn't give the items back, right?"

No, he didn't. But something ocurred. A real gentle man, carrying a Blue Party Hat, said, "What is happening here?" I told him what happened and he said "Don't worry, he will get banned. Which thing did you lose?"

My longsword I said. And he said "Well, this isn't your longsword but, it may help to repay it."

"What did he gave you?"

A runite mace, and 7000 gp. I added him on my friends list, but, he never logged again and, with time, I forgot who he was.

"Hey grandpa, do you still have your scammer added on your friend list?"

Hahaha, yes indeed, but I just can't remember who he is.

OR

In short, a man scammed my rune longsword, I chased him through all Gielinor, and couldn't get my item back. But a nice, wealthy man gave me some money and items to repay it.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

Wai, I know what inn you are talking about, but the vampire slayer doctor doesnt reside there. He is in the blue moon inn inside Varrock.

Never been scammed myself, but I have lost items due to death couple of times. For example, I was doing dealing with scabaras, and got to the part where you need to kill the giant scarab. I didnt remember that keris works on it, and tried with dragon scimitar. I failed a couple of times, managed to tele out thought, but the last time i tried, I noticed that I dont have teles and my prayer and food were almoust out. I ran out of the room and thought that I survived, but then prayer runs out and the range attack hits me. Lost d boots, obsidian shield and cape, which were worth over a million as one back then.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

One of my least fave moments of runescape was attempting to scam a friend out of a mithril scimmy, i took them to the wildy, then attacked then in my new shiny mithril armour, thinking NOTHING could defeat me! Oh wait... my friend killed me coz he had food! he gave me back m stuff tho, as it was

"a joke! now give me my armour back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

never again :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I remember how one of my friends planned a really smart way to scam people. I'm not sure if someone has done it or either heard of it, but it's an epic plan.

He did this:

First, he said armour trimming, in search for someone to fall. Then, when he got his "client" he said "How may I know this is not a scam??" He then said follow me, and went to an anvil. He showed him through trade that he had an addy plate, a gold bar, and a hammer. What he did was this: he also had a bronze bar on his inventory, and he smithed a dagger. Then, through trade, he showed an addy gold trimmed plate. The dude fell, and gave his armour. He did it a lot of times, and one he said he had like 10 addy sets, 5 black sets, and 16 rune sets.

The funny part is that, he got banned. Lol.

Nice plan though, he checked every little part to make it the "perfect" scam.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG i went to the abyss for the first time ever just before i went in i had all my best gear 1 sec before i get teled in a rev knocks out half my health then i get hammered with about a hundred abbysal monsters i try to run and cut down the tentacle things i fail and die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Does anyone remember the mole scam ?

The one where someone tells someone to dig the mound without lantern?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 2006 (i was only 11 then, and very naive) when the old wildy was up. A dude said he was going to quit Runescape and he wanted me to come to egdeville and buy his full rune set for 50k, so i thought it was a good deal. I didn't have cash tho, so i should offer him a green boater i got from a clue (50-70k worth) instead of the cash. So i saw him at the edge of wildy and pressed trade and ran toward him, and suddenly he ran north into level 1 wildy, there his 4 pk friends in lvl 54 stood and used ice blitz on me "/ and i got very upset since i were very poor and i just had become a member.. so, some weeks later i saw him again, and he had leveled from 62-83 in two weeks. wth??? So i reported him again, and some months later he got perm banned : )

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

• 2 weeks later...

Wai, I know what inn you are talking about, but the vampire slayer doctor doesnt reside there. He is in the blue moon inn inside Varrock.

Never been scammed myself, but I have lost items due to death couple of times. For example, I was doing dealing with scabaras, and got to the part where you need to kill the giant scarab. I didnt remember that keris works on it, and tried with dragon scimitar. I failed a couple of times, managed to tele out thought, but the last time i tried, I noticed that I dont have teles and my prayer and food were almoust out. I ran out of the room and thought that I survived, but then prayer runs out and the range attack hits me. Lost d boots, obsidian shield and cape, which were worth over a million as one back then.

Off topic, but the Vamp Slayer doc used to be in the Jolly Boar inn. Players couldn't find him though so they moved it.

OT: Ugh I hate it when I die and the stuff in my familiar isn't under my grave.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

• 3 weeks later...

It's Distributed Denial of Service actually..

I've heard people are DDoSing some PK worlds, causing them to be very laggy (except for the people who are doing it?)

Not sure how this works/if it's true, but I don't PK anyway so it has no effect on me.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

It's Distributed Denial of Service actually..

I've heard people are DDoSing some PK worlds, causing them to be very laggy (except for the people who are doing it?)

Not sure how this works/if it's true, but I don't PK anyway so it has no effect on me.

It's true. One of the more popular pkers (sparc mac) has been DDoS'd a few times. Most recently he lost about 200m (bandos, ags, ahrims, runes, but he kept divine and thats what counts)

It is Direct Denial of Service when you get attacked individually, usually by the person finding your ip address. It is also a felony to do this, so I have no idea why people think a video game is that important......

pere_grin.png

• 5 weeks later...

This is an old story, but I remember it well.

It was back in '04, When RuneScape 2 was in its early stages. I was a weak and naive player, and couldn't even find my way from Lumbridge to Draynor without consulting the newcomer map. I was in Draynor Manor working on the Ernest the Chicken Quest, and trying to find the key to the door with the skeleton. A player in iron (I still remember the name) showed up and offered to take me to it. I took the offer, and he led me north to the Wilderness. As you can imagine, he then attacked and killed me. I probably only lost about 5k, but at that time it was nearly everything I had.

Signature.png

I remember my "friend" ask me if i give him my password, he give me free membership. Being a poor noob back in the day, I took the bait. The next day he change my password. I was mad because I didn't have password recovery or anything. Only I can ask to get my account back. I thought I was doomed...but the joke on him on the scammer. When I got my account back, he didn;t steal anything He only though remove ALL my friends except this unknown person and bring me into the wildness and brought me to 1 hitpoint. I think he banned...yay me

:thumbsup:

I remember my "friend" ask me if i give him my password, he give me free membership. Being a poor noob back in the day, I took the bait. The next day he change my password. I was mad because I didn't have password recovery or anything. Only I can ask to get my account back. I thought I was doomed...but the joke on him on the scammer. When I got my account back, he didn;t steal anything He only though remove ALL my friends except this unknown person and bring me into the wildness and brought me to 1 hitpoint. I think he banned...yay me

:thumbsup:

wat

PM me for fitocracy invite

I was on a pvp world, I got assigned a target, I went over to this guy, I was risking 7 mil worth of items, he was risking a dragon scimitar, which is over 76k so I would have got an awesome drop. But just before he died, he teleported out of battle, came back as I was leaving the wildy and froze me with ancients and d claw spec'd me. He ran because he was a coward, afraid of losing a mere 100k. People like that should be banned, teleports should be banned from bounty worlds.

O GOD NOES

no oen haz evar tele'd amirite nub sos no teleprots alowed

TB, or you could do it yourself.

PM me for fitocracy invite