How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

i got like 10 drop trades back when i was a noob lol

i must have been really good at finding them because my friend said he had never goten a drop trade :P

my best one was where i got green dragonhide legs (ZOMG!!!) i sold it for 10k and i was super "rich" because i was like lvl 20 lol

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

few times almost fallen for the v skirt thing (swapping helm for another skirt) and a "Friend" tries doing ranger guild one to me, then when i go down and say wtf sad he tries getting me ivolved :lol:

oh and to post above, droptraders were ftw, near full zam full sara full guth and santa off 1 =) too slow to do it behind lummy castle i hear heh

Worst scam I fell for was giving my R2H to someone who promised to give it back. It was a "trust game" and the person gave everyone else's things back but logs out after I handed over the R2H. Since then I have followed every other person who plays the trust game and report them for revenge. But now since the trade limit I have yet to see another person try the trust game. What I probably learned is never hand someone else an item for nothing, unless you are so sure that you would kill yourself if you weren't. \'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jackson_B7 wrote:

run4runes wrote:

0 o 00 o 00 (that wasn't the actual name)

OMG that N00b was the one that scammed me!

join the club -.-

yeah seriously i wonder how many people he got... #-o hopefully he is banned forever... only person that ever scammed me

I was lured into the top of Seer's bank for a "Drop Party" and when there was a good crowd a group of people tele grouped to Ice Platue. Luckely they were all level 90's and I was only level 10 or so otherwise I would have died quick. After they had killed everyone I went through and reported as many of them as I could before I ran all the way out if wildy.

Another time I was actually scammed but it worked out for me because someone was selling valuable item for around 50k when it was worth around 75k-80k. They changed it to something worth around 45k and all i had offered on accident was 5k they accepted so I made a 40k profit. I love when that happens :thumbsup: :lol:

irish_1248.png

logo1n.jpg

"Victory at all costs, Victory in spite of all terror, Victory however long and hard the road may be; for without Victory, there is no survival." - Winston Churchill

i got scammed of a trust game a long time ago i normally don't fall for it but i tried with low lvls but idk ....(3 years ago sheesh!)the full rune was not platebody but chainbody yeah thats like 100k which took me 2 years to make and my best friends steals it

oversized.jpg[/bads]

dying...ok not all my items but i was following a lv 3 clue int eh wildy and get towards my coords...now for the impossible part. i have a lv 126 rec follow me for about 10 minutes, i cant use my sextant cause dmg interrupts and im like wtf give me a break here!

seriously revs are starting to really shiv me off when treasure hunting, i already have to kill a zammy wizard so i was fairly prepared to kill him.

what i lost wasnt the cost, more the fact that no i have to trapse half way across rs to get em back.....i preferred pkers lol.

Athalus_1988.png

yep thats f2p..just waiting for my membership to expire

while i have been scammed (bugged me more because i had spent weeks saving up pizzaz for full infinity when mage arena first came out) than losing the money, simple switch scam, straded hat for 2k, rather than the 2m offered.

Also i had been runcrafting and had 60k nats to sell. Someone offers to buy them at monastery, i had just read something about wildy trades and so i said id be 2 minuites, proceded to take one nature rune from my bank and left for the wild :ohnoes: when i was attacked to my surprise i had a ring of life which tellied me to lumby and i laughed to myself as he pmed me, where are you.. i said at lumbridge ( was poisoned) so as i died, i laughed to myself as he unleashed a barrage of profanities as he picked up his well earned 300 gp :)

matyre1.png

I've only been scammed twice, and I was a newb then so I had no idea on what was going on.

First time I had just found a ruby mining tin and copper. I asked a guy to cut it (back when cut gems were worth more than uncut). He never gave it back. And I had only learnt some techniques scammers used hours before. #-o

Second time I was lured into taking the wine of Zammorak. But I ran as soon as I was getting attacked. The scammer closed the door and kept closing it every time I tried to open it.

Meh, both times I hardy lost anything \'

Maturity is getting more and more scarce on RuneScape...

got hacked and lost 24mil

i turned 14mil into 24mil last summer from investing (top hats)

i put in an offer for enough chins and prayer pots, the pots got bought and the chins didnt

i logged off and when i logged back on, i had nothing and was in bh...

checked my ge history.. somebody bought 7-9 sara sets.. :(

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• 4 weeks later...

I just killed Jad, means woo hoo fire cape for me right? Wrong, I didn't have space in my inventory, so I drop an empty vial, click the fire cape to pick it up and BAM maze. By the time I got through the maze the cape was gone :( *sigh* 4th try's a charm right?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I've had a few bad experiences. But you learn from your mistakes.

I lost 24M about 4 years ago in a (Cat/rat - can't remember exactly) amulet scam. Where a clan made several threads buying and selling the ammies on the discontinued item forums at 500K each, and a Moderator made a sticky on the forums saying the ammies were now discontinued. I bought 48 ammies at 500K each, and I was just about to sell them at 1M each, when the sticky was edited, and a Mod said that they weren't discontinued.

I fell for it, and it's funny now that I look back on it.

A year before that, I lost about 12M when I was hacked. This was when a lot of Tipit'ers were hacked. I had the same RS password as my Tipit password.

Probably not the right forum, but I lost about 1.5B 2 years ago, during the mass RWT ban, where I was banned for lending my friend an item which he returned just before we were banned. The unbalanced trades seemed to look suspicious enough to be punished with a ban.

Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

Got my first set of full mith, and was bragging about it to my irl friends ingame.

One said, "I know how to double your mith set."

He told me to drop all, and hit Alt F4. For those that don't know this closes the window.

Came back, and my irl friend is standing there with my mith on...In the end, he did give it back.

Just a lesson to be learned for those of you not familiar with shortcut keys.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

^atmin doubel posted!!11oneone

More on topic, I fell for the old switch trick...

I was a low level when someone came running in a bank spamming: need full rune!! 400k!

so I was like O: and traded him, gave him my full rune and only got 40k out of it ):

2d0f03c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had just made about 14m or so off of a technique learned quite some time ago, but is now, unfortunately, no longer effective. As I finally made my desired amount I decided to buy Verac's set and an Amulet of Fury (Back when they were both close to 4m each). After I bought them I decided to log off as it was getting late and when I logged on the next morning it was all gone.=[ I had just changed my password and set a pin up too.

Red_Egl.png

Red_Egl.png

20k yews, my first santa hat (at the time 26m), full dragon (at the time 45m), whip (at the time 3,6m).

How?

Lost connection.

What I've learned. Never use wireless at a friend's place.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]