How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

I just dced and died to cave horrors and lost my full slayer helm, dragon boots, obby cape, ddefender, and about 500k loot i had received as drops on the task. It pretty much sucked that i died with my ectophial on my because if i had it in my bank i could have gotten back in time.

grrrrr

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

How do you die from a DC at something like Fire Giants or Cave Horrors? If you close the game, your character will automatically log out after one minute of inactivity, regardless if you are in combat or not. At least, that was how it worked last I checked. It's really your fault if your HP is so low/your character is so weak that you can't survive one minute of combat against such weak monsters.

td2sig.jpg

They didn't say it wasn't their fault, don't be so harsh.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

How do you die from a DC at something like Fire Giants or Cave Horrors? If you close the game, your character will automatically log out after one minute of inactivity, regardless if you are in combat or not. At least, that was how it worked last I checked. It's really your fault if your HP is so low/your character is so weak that you can't survive one minute of combat against such weak monsters.

lol the funny part is that I have no idea how i would have died to them. I was around 600 lp when i dced and i have 85 defense and was wearing reasonably good defensive armor. Though also cave horror attacks are pretty darn accurate when they do their scream thingy. also I sopose that it was my fault for not closing the game but this is a rants fourm and i'm free to rant at myself right...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

• 4 weeks later...

ok i was at the most crowded p2p world selling my dragon med helm i got from fire giants.A scammer goes i will give you robin and ranger boots for it i said ok! so we went to the trade page i put my helm in and he put both in and i hit accepted i watch closely and i saw he pulled robin out. so i cancelled the trade he tryed to trade me again i put my helm back up and he put both in and i accepted then he tried to pull a quick one again but he messed up. so i got the robin and range boots when he noticed he didnt scammed me he was trying to say i scammed him.

so i guess you can say i defeated the true scammer.

i talked to my friend who is a mod i told him the story about what happend. he said you traded right he was trying to scam me but i won that battle.

i also cant stand it when im selling items and they go im in the wild can you bring it to me. um NO!

bigdog1470.png

• 3 weeks later...

this was way back long ago, but i was wearing d legs and abby whip and i was doing construction. So this dude invites me to his house, and im like sure (cuz i was kinda bored anyways). He's like did you know if you put your d legs and whip on the table, it makes a cool shape or some sht like that. So i put two planks on the table and right after i tell him that it does look pretty cool, and he kicks me out his house. GG, have fun with your two planks B!TCH!

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Lol...there was an interesting attempt that happened back in 2007. I was training def at the mossies in varrock sewers when a guy pm's me saying he had an awesome way for me to make some free gp. I add him to friends, and immediately notice that he's on the other side of that agil shortcut. Anyways, I accept, but decide to only ask questions during the entire thing, hoping to annoy him severely. He starts talking about transferring money to my acc, I ask how? He says he'll need my p/w, I reply why? He repeats his first line, I repeat mine. This convo continues for 5mins, until he finally logs off/removes me from his list. Either way, too funny

div>

• 3 weeks later...

I just dced and died to cave horrors and lost my full slayer helm, dragon boots, obby cape, ddefender, and about 500k loot i had received as drops on the task. It pretty much sucked that i died with my ectophial on my because if i had it in my bank i could have gotten back in time.

grrrrr

Tele Camelot/Tele Catherby (if on lunars) -> Charter Port Phasmatys from catherby -> Mos Le

is faster than ecto IMO

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

• 3 weeks later...

I just lost my red h'ween mask when smithing gold bracelets in edge for strange rocks.

Some guy comes to me and asks me to tele him to falador to the new smith thing.

He said his sum level was too low but I could help him out.

I tried to help someone, got teled to lave maze and chopped in pieces by a d claws pk-fool...

Nice job here Jagex, opening possibilities to get crafters killed. Never pk'ed in my life ffs!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I just lost my red h'ween mask when smithing gold bracelets in edge for strange rocks.

Some guy comes to me and asks me to tele him to falador to the new smith thing.

He said his sum level was too low but I could help him out.

I tried to help someone, got teled to lave maze and chopped in pieces by a d claws pk-fool...

Nice job here Jagex, opening possibilities to get crafters killed. Never pk'ed in my life ffs!

can u tell me details plz?? edit: found it, time to implement..

i jsut got lured at trollheim by half life and full life ([bleep]ers) spent 20mins 'making a machima' and they screwed me over for my bank :angry:

seriously considering quitting rs now.

and guess what? jagex patched it today.. i got lured yeseterday..

Edited by Freakyhair

I didn't really get scammed, but I was new to members and this guy told me Tyras helm was rare and I bought it for 30K. Me (still believing it was rare) throuroughly convinced this other noob that it was worth 500K. Low and behold I got my 500K haha.

No1s_Perfect.png

To be completely honest, if someone gets scammed, it's their own fault.

I've been scammed, learned my lesson, hasn't happened since.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

To this day, I have always walked away from a scam with my own items still safely in my inventory and their names reported to JaGex.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't understand how anyone can ever fall for scams. :unsure: I've only had a few people ever try with me, but they're always pretty transparent.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I was just reminded of the first time I got scammed. It was literally my first day of being a member over 5 years ago. I saw this guy holding an awesome sword (dragon longsword) and I was wearing full gilded so I thought that sword must be really expensive. Found out later that I traded full gilded for a cheap sword.

To be completely honest, if someone gets scammed, it's their own fault.

Ofc it's our fault, we don't deny that. We just post in here to prevent others suffer the same misery.

For me being lured a red h'ween mask is temporary pain. A month later I got the money back, but still it's no fun some lowlife tricks you (or tries to)

to steal yer hard work. That's all... No reason to rub it in, everyone who ever got scammed realized it was stupid.

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched a friend buy a noted iron scimitar for 35k. I told him don't click, because I noticed it, but he clicked too fast, and then clicked accept on the second screen. Not to mention rune scimitars were only 25k max at the time icon_wall.gif

This was back in '07 though.

• 4 weeks later...