How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

This just happened about a half hour ago in warriors guild and the guy stole my account, im still waiting for my recovery to go through :(. Just thought id post this as a warning to everyone.

I just logged in and some guy asked if i wanted to join a clan, he explained what they were,what they did,etc. then he said to go to their site (which was a duplicate copy of the runescape forum page, complete with actual links to the runescape pages, except for the log in button; the site was robinrangers[LikelyScam]) so i log in to post a message and then go back to the game, the guy says hes lagging and tells me to world hop, he then proceeds to change my password and take my account into a bounty hunter world where i can only assume he used his other acc to kill me and take my items. oh and the guys name was F4ll3n something. so thats my story and assuming i got it right hes probably already got my 1mill,d legs,granite body,obby sheild, collection of dragon weapons and various other items and is off celebrating another successful scam while i sit here and type this.

Edit: Just got my acc back, logged in at BH with almost everything gone,btw the guy never deleted himself from my f-list his name was F4ll3n Sn1pe, if some1 kills him id love a pic of it, o and for some reason he left 292 bannanas and 3 sharks in my bank that werent there before, very strange..

saynotospam4gz.gif

R.I.P. The Old Nite 1961 - 2006

~May His Legacy N'ar Be Forgotten~

~Life Is A Highway Let Us Drive The Old Nite On~

Walletthief, don't have such an immature attitude. This is a forum where people can tell of their bad experiences & let off a bit of steam.

If you are going to post, at least make a decent contribution to the thread.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

This was a while ago, back when the wildy still exsisted, and i was only lvl 30.

I was decently rich for a lvl 30, having around 300k and was going to try my luck pking.

At that time i had around 30 (or whatever you need for air blast) mage (20atk, 20 str, 30 def) so i bought around 500 deaths (for 300 ea - 150k). I then go to the wildy and meet this guy who i nearly killed on another trip earlier. He said 'Lets be a team' or whatever so i say 'ok' and head into the wildy with him, we go in real deep when some lvl 50's turn up and kill me.

I go in his clan, without him knowing and see the guys who killed me there, on his friends list..... :wall:

I got him back in the end by killing him in the wildy but i only made around 50k from drops :(

Malcazaar.png

Scammers try to remove stuff quickly and accept - I am lucky I noticed when my finger was halfway down on the Accept button.

This random guy wanted to buy some stuff from me for 10k which was worth like 5k so I thought it was a good idea to sell it.

I offered my stuff and he offered 10k. He must have quickly changed to 1k before I noticed and I accepted.

Then I suddenly noticed and my finger was down so I quickly threw (literally) my mouse to the right - and nothing happened - so I got the chance to decline.

Also on my first day of melee training I got up to 10 attack and defence and this guy offered to trim my black for me so I thought this seems dodgy so I looked it up and saw you can't.

I guess I am just a bit more observant than some of these people posting on here...

LOL :lol:

oversized.jpg[/bads]

• 3 weeks later...

This was a while ago, but the only time I was ever scammed (before the ditch of stupidity)

I was an ickle level 12-er, some level 50 came up and was like 'follow me I'll show you some treasure' and I had already been near the wildy that log in so I didn't get the screen... He turned around and kicked my newbie butt as soon as he could.

Thinking back I could kick his butt now. :D And I don't really trade w/ anyone so I don't get scammed in other ways.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

One time someone said "did you now jagex changed it so when you say your password outloud, it stars it?" and this before they actually did star your pass, :geek: lost my account for 3 days...he put 300k on it and full rune when I was like level 45...it worked out well \' although I was quite pissed before it got recovered.

another time, I was merchanting in fally park world 2 on rune arrows...good business, but peoples rune arrows for 50 a piece get 1,000 go to world 18 edgeville sell 1,000 for 60 a piece and make a good amount off it. well one time some guy wanted to buy 1,000...put up 60,000gp first, then it went to 6,000...lol...Which was small potatoes, considering I had 20,000 arrows to sell that night.

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric!

• 3 weeks later...

Ah I remember the first time I got scammed all too well.... I was around level 50

Trust game, prize was d long + 200k, I put my full rune up and never saw it again :(

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

a long time ago i was doing lvl 1 clues all day yes i no noob but i ended up with like 1mil ish they said theyd drop the 10mil in wild also i ahd all teh items but anyways the money showed up i charged for it got snared then dds speced and lost it all except d long and rune pl9 and legs

• 2 weeks later...

Never been succesully scammed, but there has been few tries, for example:

i was running to ardougne when some guy said that he will buy my d scimmy for 150k. i thought that i can buy it again with cheaper price. 1st he traded as usual, then he declined and traded again, he was clearly offering 150k, so i pressed accept and so did he. Then i saw that there were 150 gp. So i declined and reported

2:When i was playing on my older main, and running at varrock and wilderness line with falador teles with me, i saw pile of coins far north. So i runned there, but stopped just at the line. I figured that it was a lure, so i telegrabbed the coins \' and when the lurers came to me i just said "thanks for 500k!" banked the gold and teled to fally. lurers were shouting something like: noob give money back or ill ban you" :roll:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Once I got "scammed" a gnomeball. I was throwing it around the ge, and some guy said "Ha! I'm stealing your gnomeball!", to which I replied; "it's ok, you can have it." He then returned it. :XD:

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

once when i was a noob -mrguy410- a player told me that he knew how he could get me money ,but i had to bring all my most valuable items.. me being a noob, followed him all the way to the wilderness -didn't know what it was back then- and he said he had to get a skull for it to work. he attacked me and killed me! i had no idea what had just happened!! aaaahhhh memories..... :D

noobs are people too! help them when u can! [email protected] help us remember him before he was hacked!! show your respects by messaging mrguytribute on runescape!!

This thread is pointless now due to limit? :?

We could discuss what happened to us before the limit?

Anyways yeah the common scam i got scammed 10k air runes for 10k instead of 100k.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Some characters are advertising a mechscape beta site in game,please dont submit your runescape user details as it steals your password and user name,.

How do i know, I stupidly fell for it so I'm hoping this will stop any more people doing the same,yes call me stupid and flame me to death :oops:

masteryc.gif

yeh if there was a mechscape release it would be on jagex's website and probably linked from the runescape site also

never use a link a player gives you for something like this if jagex didn't make an announcement

and even then only use links jagex provides

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

This thread is pointless now due to limit? :?

Thats why there was a change in thread title (see above you), since there was sooo many rants about common situations in losing items in general weather its a scam or lag, the Admins merged it in to reduce flaming. ::'

Edit: (Rather then double posting)

Bugger. lost my full rune during F2P PvP lag. :wall:

Popoto.~<3