How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

20k yews, my first santa hat (at the time 26m), full dragon (at the time 45m), whip (at the time 3,6m).

How?

Lost connection.

What I've learned. Never use wireless at a friend's place.

THAT Hurts.

I've lost my santa to a tree spirit a few years ago. Luckily my soon to be good friend picked it up. I let the guy keep it. The death was my fault, and santas were only 150k at the time. No big deal, 3 hours of 12-year-old, disoriented RuneScape playing later, I had enough to buy a santa and a mask set. =D

Signature_FFVIIAC_Cloud.png

Toxicity02.png__

20k yews, my first santa hat (at the time 26m), full dragon (at the time 45m), whip (at the time 3,6m).

How?

Lost connection.

What I've learned. Never use wireless at a friend's place.

THAT Hurts.

I've lost my santa to a tree spirit a few years ago. Luckily my soon to be good friend picked it up. I let the guy keep it. The death was my fault, and santas were only 150k at the time. No big deal, 3 hours of 12-year-old, disoriented RuneScape playing later, I had enough to buy a santa and a mask set. =D

Yeah it did, but [cabbage] happens I guess. :wall:

I was 14 at the time, and still had to learn to deal with.. unpleasantness. I got over it though and developed a love for mining while superheating and smithing which helped me get another santa and lots and lots of cash. :D

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

Have just seen a new way of scamming,

Offering part of barrows, or degradable item which is fully charged or fixed or whatever and then declining and then offering the degraded item which is less money. A guy tried this with me with ahrims robe bottoms. I didn't accept lol and said no :shame:

• 3 weeks later...

About 2 years ago, i went into this guy's house and we fought for a while with his friends, then he said he was lagging. Then his friends specced me and he kicked me out of his house. Lost full wizzy t which was a present =(

Not long after i was dueling for fun, then they did that arena glitch thing and i almost died with guthans,fury,etc about 20m, but luckily i always keep food/tele runes, so i ate to 12hp and my heart skipped a beat :shock:

Thesis.png

I was hiding in the Demonic Ruins gathering EP, when I lost my connection just as a 3-man party was approaching. The [wagon] game never manages to restore my connection, but this time it did. I only lost 75k and I ultimately got much more after I finally got some decent EP, but my bad luck was still annoying.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

• 2 weeks later...

I haevn't read anything like this scam so i'll post what hapepned to me.

I had a d chain back when construction was new.

I went to a house party and a guy was sitting down and put his blue mask on the table till we could see it, he picked it up and said "This is an auction, put your best items on the table and the highest value wins".

The best items I saw were rune items, d long, and mystic robe top, I thought "I owned these guys" I put my d chain, and the owner kicked is all out, and got all of the items. The rune, the d long, the mystic, my d chain.

:P Con is lame

• 1 month later...

I never die now, but this is the most recent death as I can remember:

While doing Dragon Slayer, I lost connection, died, spawned back in Lumbridge, and my grave collapsed. That cost me full rune + rune chain, and about 20 swordfish (I was skulled at the time). #-o

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Only item loss within the past year was dying to the giant mole. Screwed up on the prayer flashing, he hit a couple 25s (don't know WHY I was at 50 hp), I was down and without an extra lantern OR an extra spade.

Was 'only' 500k, but that was before my first windfall. Also taught me that prayer flashing is for people with lightning reflexes, AKA NOT ME.

Also lost 5 sets of black d'hide in 10 minutes while sitting around in bh, but I did buy 10 XD

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

This was forever ago on my first account.

I was killing moss giants in F2P and a guy pms me and says he can make me a member if I tell him my password because he puts it into this special thing or whatever. I told him(Im not that stupid anymore) I tried to log on later because my password had been changed, who would have thunk it huh. I was soooooo angry and sad I had just beaten dragon slayer and bought full rune for 200k (I was very very nooby then and I was 11 ok)

I have gotten that account back yay, but its only lvl 68 lol and now I have a lvl 124 with a ags got it back a bit late haha.

I have never even been closed to being scammed ever again is the good thing.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

• 4 weeks later...

aggggesss ago i was doing quest for knight's sword and i was near skeleton wyvrens and some guy told me there was a cave inside there past the "big beasties" that had a lot of gold and gems. So i ran in and was getting owned.

Weird thing is i remember while dying "where the hecks that gold at..."

Lost my rune scimmy :( which back then if you didn't have one you where a total nerd.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

The most idiotic thing ever, happened about a month ago.

I was pickpocketing the master farmer in Draynor with my santa hat (which I bought 8 months earlier for 12.5m). Wasn't paying too much attention and died. "It's ok" I thought as I was running back to my 6 minute grave. Then Mozilla Firefox stopped responding. When I finally logged back in, grave was gone :-( I really loved that santa hat.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Just minutes ago I was at Heroes' guild trying to kill the blue drag with guth set.

First kill went well, however I the lagged, and couldn't get out of the cage before the drag respawned.

Got back to my grave, then kept lagging.

Lost 7M, half my bank.

Worst part is, I originally was supposed to just recharge my glories.

(note to self: get 89 summ ASAP)

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

I definitely messed with a scammer once, I was level 70 and he was 71 (anon. pm, couldn't see him in game), offered me a whip for 150k, which I had, told me to meet him on the bridge on edge (leading to present day GE). I was aware that that was level one wildy, so I brought 5gp and a id'd guam. He binds and dds's me, then takes his *spoils*, but not without a large flame through Pm

I reported him and he got perm ban LOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Questah_270.png

Quest Cape is on the way!

• 2 weeks later...

once.... i was killing cows for hides (bak before i discovered my rs money making trick) and a guy came up to me and asked if i wuld like to double my money. now being the desprate idiot that i was i said yes. so he told me to bring 300k to a pvp world and he would 2, so before we switched worlds he took me to a cabbage patch. we then switched to a empty pvp world, now the thing is that when i started to attack, he just riped out all his armour and dagger and pwned me like the little girl that he was. made me soooo mad. but i got over that after a while and am now currently increasing my 4 m to around 6m (slowly):) and he........ well... hes not gonna be on rs for a loooooooooooonnnnnnggggg time

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a guy having a drop party and noticed he was leading towards wildy. I thought I'd be smart and just go with 3 items and PJ him. I forgot to bank my 2k yew longs, nats, and about 450K cash. Guess who got Ice Barraged?

I definitely messed with a scammer once, I was level 70 and he was 71 (anon. pm, couldn't see him in game), offered me a whip for 150k, which I had, told me to meet him on the bridge on edge (leading to present day GE). I was aware that that was level one wildy, so I brought 5gp and a id'd guam. He binds and dds's me, then takes his *spoils*, but not without a large flame through Pm

I reported him and he got perm ban LOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I smell fakery.

That bridge has never been in the Wilderness, and I doubt that would've resulted in a perm ban.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• 3 weeks later...

I was hacked... AGAIN. This is the third time, and third account that was stolen from me. I blame mostly myself, but also Jagex's recovery system. I had recovery questions, a recovery email adress, and a bank pin. I went in thinking. Oh ok, I'll get it back. But the options for the recovery questions related NOTHING to what I answered when I created my recovery questions. The e-mail did not help me one bit either. I never got an email from them with a code confirming that your recovering an account. Wtf?

All that work, time, and effort. LOST.. AGAIN...

R.I.P. Darkplayaa9o

I'm not real sure what I'm going to do next. Maybe train my initiate pure, but we'll see.

Way back when I was new to RS, I only fell for one scam which wasn't successful. I'm hanging out in Falador and some guy asks, "Will you get something for me?" I'm not doing anything and agree. I follow him north to the chaos altar by the goblin village, all the while he's telling me about this wine I have to grab. I don't remember why he couldn't grab it, but I was a bit suspicious. He takes me into the building and tells me to pick up the wine off the table. I walk over, wondering what these monks were doing and why the guy was hanging out by the door.

"Why are you at the door? I ask.

"Imma keep the door shut to protect you from the monks," he said.

"But what about the monks in here with me?"

"Don't worry," he said. "I'll make sure the door is open after you pick up the wine."

"Just leave the door open so I can get outside faster," I told him. Now I'm at the door playing the open/close game because if the monks outside are going to attack when I grab the wine, the ones inside would also. Guy wasn't happy about me. :razz:

I remember when I first got members, asking about how to trim armor. A couple nice people told me no one could trim armor ever and it was only from TT. :thumbsup:

imevil.jpg

Well, I was going to the Zammy Warriors to go rune scimmy hunting.

I arrive, and they all piled on. I fought them for about 20 minutes, and though I did get one rune dagger, they were aggressive for far longer than they were supposed to be. Eventually, I couldn't take the constant multi-way combat anymore.

And that friends, is how I lost my Varrock teletab. :grin:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

This just happened on my pure.

I lost ~100k after being downed by a guy on full addy.

He Baxe'd a 13 on me, wasn't expecting it, and died. I was shocked at first, but then I lol'd a bit. :lol:

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead