F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

I support! I've been member for 1 month and spells and mage armours bonus were crazy!

Im not member anymore -.-

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, paste the discussion together...

I support. Oh Oh Oh! I have an idea! What if jAGeX made normal mage robes have a better bonus? Like 35 or something?

You mean the current mage equipments or in the full mage robes?

...And now to reply.............

PrOfEsIoNaL, I4prez is talking about the current mage equipments. Sadly, what I4prez is thinking of is not a good idea at all. It would help the already severely overpowered lower-level mages and mage pures.

I hope Komodoman360's idea goes through some time soon so that the higher level Mages in F2P get their proper respect and positional balance in the F2P Combat Triangle. Otherwise, P2P'ers and Jagex alike are not going to have the influx of players that they want, because people will be mentally repelled by the thought that something may be broken in P2P also. (Which sadly, may be possible, but I'm not gonna judge on that one.)

~Mr. Devnull

Since there are 2 colour of wizard robes, blue and black.

Why not just make them into 2 sets and choose 1 to be a higher level?

This should be simple enough for jagex to do.

It used to be that black ones were weaker than the blue ones. The black ones were raised to the level of the blue ones at some point, and probably due to style complaints.

If anything, though, neither of the current robes should have their stats increased, and a new set should be created with a proper defense level requirement, just to prevent the style argument occuring again, as well as to avoid the whole "low combat level mage pures have been made into gods" thing.

~Mr. Devnull

If that's the case just make full black mage robe defend 1 requirement and full blue mage robe defend 40 requirement with high defence.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

If that's the case just make full black mage robe defend 1 requirement and full blue mage robe defend 40 requirement with high defence.
The problem with this is people who like the Black ones better and would therefore want them to be equal to the Blue ones. This isn't really that great of an idea, I'm sorry to say.

This is a great idea.

I know lots of people have said stuff like, oh your f2p you don't pay so you don't deserve to get updates.

I am surprised Jagex doesn't lose more players than it already does , as it doesn't ever do much for f2p. Sure, i will agree p2p should get THE MAJORITY of updates, but f2p get 1, maybe 2 decent updates a year. This would be a very good update, restoring the f2p combat triangle to balance. Hope Jagex follow through on this, i will definately be getting them if they come out :D , see ya later

PqPeXlA.jpg

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

im not old enough for a real job, so how can i make money. ha. i bet u cant think of anything i can do. also i don't have a credit card and my mom wont let me use hers because she doesn't believe me that jagex is trustable... but maybe if i can get some money i can convince my grandma to let me use hers. so plz tell me how i can make money

:thumbsup: i support the f2p mage robes completely

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

The problem with this is people who like the Black ones better and would therefore want them to be equal to the Blue ones. This isn't really that great of an idea, I'm sorry to say.
If that's the case then change it the other way round. Full blue requires 1 defence to wear and Full black requires 40 defence with high defence added.

FTP player.

Goal:

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

What if it isnt the money thats holding you back from becoming a member it's the fact that your parents wont let you?? And there is absolutely nothing that you could do to change their minds because they don't trust the internet. And Runescape was once completely free so f2p wasn't made to make you want p2p.

If that's the case then change it the other way round. Full blue requires 1 defence to wear and Full black requires 40 defence with high defence added.
This just causes the problem to change direction, since they can't make both robes have both requirements.

This just causes the problem to change direction, since they can't make both robes have both requirements.

You took the words right out of my mouth, unkn0wnwarrior. Well said, and +1, I agree.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I support but giving other p2p iteams to f2p is unbalacing to the game.Now for the craft jagex can make a extremly long quest that allows you to btain the ability to craft (once) 1 set of armour. to get the materials you would need to do 1 miniquest and get the materials form hidden locations.this idea that im presenting just might pass jagex

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

oh btw i forgot to mention there qould also be uniqe staffs and weapons and also light / dark types of armour. THere would aslo be a p2p sequeal to this quest that allowed you to get another set and to choose ( sets for completing quest will be random in class and in side )

then agin jagex will make this for hihger lvls. I think this is a good proposal to sned to jagex that i just noted

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

You don't have to worry about PTP.

Jagex have thought about them even before PTP came out.

The problem now is weather jagex will ever give FTP a full mage set.

FTP player.

Goal:

y cant u pay a measly 5 bucks?

They should just become P2P then, and anywho no one wants f2p to get new things, lets worry abotu the good paying customers getting new mage updates :pray:
Even if we do, it changes nothing in the F2P combat triangle. A few more people getting memberships does nothing to give higher level F2P mages the boost they desperately need. Right now they get destroyed by melee because they hit lower and slower.

Even in P2p, mage is not good for pvp unless it is ancients (which even then doesnt quite compensate).

I think all blasts and waves should be beefed up 3more max damage.

Snare should definitely be f2p as well, this spell if made f2p will be the most influential spell.

As for new armor, the robes shouldn't give more than +10 or 15 magic attack because mage defence on all armors are low to start with.

The main reasons mages aren't too good is because maging is slow, and melee/range can hit for just as high at faster speeds on mages. It doesn't help that mages have low defence. If Jagex really wanted to make it equal they would make mages be able to hit a lot higher to compensate for the slow speed and low defence.

I agree that magic on f2p needs to be better, but even in p2p it it horribly weak. It's like prayer, it helps but its not the main thing that kills.