F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

Hello,

I playing almost time only P2P but i think is excellent suggestion to make Splitbark armor usable in F2P !

P2P have a lot of armors and who do money by Shades Of Morton minigame know how in this times are hard to sell Splitbark set's that been good if members been able to sell splitbarks for F2P people, then i started serious production of it :) because i allways loved this minigame, but after clues update with emotes and required to have stuff now they take much more time to do and after a lot of mage sets in P2P is really are hell to sell this set.

I fully support to make splitbark like F2P armor!

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok people i am a lvl 81 p2p account. Now call me biast, but we can't have a new f2p mage armour. Here's why:

If f2p were given a new mage rmor, it would have to have 40 mage requirements to use it b cos green d hide and rune need 40. However, if it needed 40 then it would have to be as strong as mystic or splitbark, which would ruin the system of mage pures on p2p, as both mystic and splitbark need defence, so pures have to get up def or else do DT for good mage armour. If it were introduced without def needed, pures on p2p would all get it, and it would ruin the triangle, with mage pures being able to own all. And if it were introduced with def, ur basically just making mystic again, which spoils the system. And as for introducing mystic into f2p, mystic is a p2p rmor, thats never gonna happen! I do sympathise though, i remember how jealous i used to be b4 my mum let me become p2p and also the triangle doesnt work when people get 50+, with melees owning mages easily. They need to find a solution, maybe introduce snare into f2p?

Just some noob's opinion :)

Hiya just picking up on any random interesting forums.

I totally agree with this guy, mages are so underpowered against everyone at the higher lvls. I am p2p and I did have a pker mage, but when he got 70-80 I had to abandon him cos I could not get any good kills anymore.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

I know sooooo many people have said it before, but no. Thw whole problem with F2p drastic ideas is that you're not ment to get these updates because you dont pay for them. Jagex wants to entice you over to pay per month, not to just saty in f2p and reap the benefits.

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

I know sooooo many people have said it before, but no. Thw whole problem with F2p drastic ideas is that you're not ment to get these updates because you dont pay for them. Jagex wants to entice you over to pay per month, not to just saty in f2p and reap the benefits.

i know but if jagex make a little update like that it wont make damage :mrgreen:

xyc_unit.png

xyc_unit.png

In f2p mage armor compared to range armor is pretty rubbish.

Full green d'hide armor: 31+ range attack

Full Mage robes: 5+ magic attack

The difference in attacking bonuses is huge.

As in P2p:

Black d'hide armor: 58+ range attack

Infinty robes: 55+ mage attack

Its not really fair for F2p Mages

I support these new robes :thumbsup:

~A billion Chinese can't be wrong: eat rice.~

~If you lost your left arm, your right arm would be left. O_o~

F2P Usually get one big update each, plus does benifit from some updates to nm stats (like the make x command and stuff).

Well My Comment is that updating the Maging will take away the balance of the, game, mage is the best dps (damage per second) in the game, and it has rubbish defence, balanced, Ranger , bad damage (FTP ) but a high defense rating, a warrior is balanced in both.

What I think Jagex should do is make the FTP mage set complete, add some bad boots, make wizard robe bottom more accesibly and possibly a ring.

F2P Usually get one big update each, plus does benifit from some updates to nm stats (like the make x command and stuff).

Well My Comment is that updating the Maging will take away the balance of the, game, mage is the best dps (damage per second) in the game, and it has rubbish defence, balanced, Ranger , bad damage (FTP ) but a high defense rating, a warrior is balanced in both.

What I think Jagex should do is make the FTP mage set complete, add some bad boots, make wizard robe bottom more accesibly and possibly a ring.

I dont think so becuz melee is still owning mages in wild and with this little update the battle triangle will be ok \'

xyc_unit.png

xyc_unit.png

Best damage per second? What a laugh. In the time it takes an f2p mage to get off one shot, f2p rangers (wielding a maple shortbow) have had time to get off two, and f2p warriors (using a rune scimmy...) have had time to slice 3 times. By this time, the Mage is hurting in the extreme and is already on the short end of the matter. Also as a case example, even with my nice 62 mage, a lot of my shots fail, so it is more like they get up anywhere from 4 (for rangers) to 6 (for warriors) in on me (and most any other f2p mage) and I'll basically end up running off with just what I have left!!!

Jagex's people need to recognize this, and fix the mage firing rate!

Now, as for this...

Uhm... hold it... what do you mean "wizard robe bottom"? There is NO actual wizard robe bottom on f2p! The wizzy robes, (t) & (g), are both statless on the bottoms! We need one in the first place, because all the bottom wear we have that does anything is either for warrior or ranger or prayer-user, there isn't any mage bottom that has stats!

Pardon me while I take a break from this kind of "easily demolished insanity", as I love to refer to it... -.-

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

newsflash: official runescape mods said that f2p will never recive their own updates, they will only update for p2p, so if those armours actualy are inserted in runescape they will only be available for p2p not f2p

Can you prove that? :-s

P.S. You need to check your grammer a bit...

Best.Songs.In.

World.

Follower of Guthix. *points to avatar* Aww yeah..

the1stfool.png

newsflash: official runescape mods said that f2p will never recive their own updates, they will only update for p2p, so if those armours actualy are inserted in runescape they will only be available for p2p not f2p

Umm.. you misunderstand them. It means that updates for F2P will be available to P2P as well...

j0xPu5R.png

I read the first post but have not read all 29 or so pages.

In the first post you say blue robes give the highest magic bonus, in actuality it is the shade robes that give the highest attack bonus. I think with a magic amulet it gives somewhere between +32-35.

I am free to play and would have serious reservations about any new spells outside of adding the "snare" one. Neutral spells would be okay too as they do not mess up Pking in the wilderness

1. Mages would Decimate both rangers and melee all the way upto combat lvl126. Be reminded that green dragonhide on Rangers only causes a spell to miss or hit a "0" 40%-50%" of the time. On meleers, be reminded that the higher level the spell the more often it hits, and with hybriding they gain the advantage of dragonhide as wll. still do not understand all the rants on subtracting defense here as it is still technically armor and thus must provide some sort of protection. Ranger Armor is "light-type" armor anyway and provides more movement and the defense reflects that.

2 This reason is more detailed.

Mage

current max hit for mage in ftp: 16

max with protect from magic: 8

After introducing wave spells: 30

max with protect from magic: 15

Casting speed: .5-.6

Range:

Current max hit by arrows(weakest to strongest): 12,13,14,16,18

speed of shots: 2.0

Melee:

Current max(no strength potion)(strongest to weakest): 28, 26, 24, 23, 22

Max hit with Strength potion(strongest to weakest): 33, 30,28,27,26

(please correct me if im wrong on the max hits)

Quickest hit using a scimitar: 1.6

3. After the introduction of wave spells you will still have the same armor for both melee and rangers and when factoring in that the higher level spells hit more often you must therefore introduce higher level armor in order to even things out. So for rangers this would be

"red dragonhide" and for melee it would be, um I don't want to say dragon because I do not think it is the next strongest after rune but then again I could be wrong. I am not basing this off the requirements to use them.

4. Now we factor in the use of amulets.

Defense amulets:

+10 to all defense

Magic Amulet:

+10 to magic offense only

Strength amulet:

+10 to Strength only

Power Amulet:

+6 to everything

4. Autoers are already putting a serious strain on many of the runes used in the waves spells and I would not want to give them anymore incentive to do this even more. On top of this Jagex put in an update over a year ago that they would be coming out with the "blood alter" and still have not done so. So making Bloods available to "free to play" would not only increase their price drastically but would make it not viable to pk with at all on FtP. Yes, I am factoring in all the creatures that are available in Ftp that can drop them, aka. lesser demons, greater demons, and Ankous I believe.

Splitbark nothing wrong with it being made available as it is equivalent to either black or mithril. Mark my words this will be brought to Ftp way before wave spells ever will be.

Mystic- making this avilable on Ftp would make Mages gods in the wilderness when combined with the highest magic prayer.

note: when protect from magic is used it only halves everything this inculdes but it not limited to: damage, accuracy, and how often a "0" comes up.Yeah so no Mystic.

6. I am basing all of this on my current stats and on others whose stats are on 99.

Strength:71

Attack: 66

Defense:66

Range:87

Magic:69

prayer:46

why have my stats been included in this you ask? To put it plainly at my current magic level both rangers and melee have trouble with me when I mage even when they use "protect from magic".

Standard Maging equipment: Full shade, magic amulet, anti-dragonfire shield, boots, fire staff or air staff, Black mage hat, normal gloves, and standard cape.

Standard melee equipment: Full rune helmet, rune platebody, rune platelegs, rune long or battleaxe, rune kite-shield, normal boots(no fancy as they give a negative to something), green dragonhide vambraces, stregnth or defense amulet(depends on the situation), and standard cape.

Standard Ranger equipment: green dragonhide body, green dragonhide legs, green dragonhide vambraces, adamant arrows, defense amulet, coif, maple shortbow, normal boots, and standard cape.

Hybrids

hybrided Melee equipment: rune platelegs, green dragonhide body, anti-dragonfire shield, rune full helmet, normal boots, standard cape, power amulet, green dragonhide vambraces, and rune scimitar with rune 2-hander.

hybrided Ranger equipment: rune full helmet, green dragonhide body, ruen platelegs, maple longbow or shortbow, adamant arrows, boots, standard cape, green dragonhide vambraces, Rune 2-hander, and strength amulet.

hybrided Mage equipment: Top shade robe, rune platelegs, coif, magic amulet, anti-dragonfire shield, fire staff or air staff, normal gloves, standard cape, and rune scimitar.

Um, I think I may have gone way off base with this last point but it relates to the topic in anycase, we can't be narrow-minded on this because Jagex sure won't. If anyhting in here can be disproven please do so.

I will get around to reading the whole thread eventually.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

And here comes the dents in your statements...

(BTW, I have had to correct a lot of your post's formatting. Ended up seeing all the bad line breaks while trying to quote you. None of your actual message was changed!)

I read the first post but have not read all 29 or so pages.

In the first post you say blue robes give the highest magic bonus, in actuality it is the shade robes that give the highest attack bonus. I think with a magic amulet it gives somewhere between +32-35.

Shade robes only have a prayer stat on F2P, and that is ALL that they have. Are you sure you're not talking about "Ghostly Robes", which are P2P only? :-s (I have this serious feeling your armor memory is a mess.)

I am free to play and would have serious reservations about any new spells outside of adding the "snare" one. Neutral spells would be okay too as they do not mess up Pking in the wilderness

1. Mages would Decimate both rangers and melee all the way upto combat lvl126. Be reminded that green dragonhide on Rangers only causes a spell to miss or hit a "0" 40%-50%" of the time. On meleers, be reminded that the higher level the spell the more often it hits, and with hybriding they gain the advantage of dragonhide as wll. still do not understand all the rants on subtracting defense here as it is still technically armor and thus must provide some sort of protection. Ranger Armor is "light-type" armor anyway and provides more movement and the defense reflects that.

2 This reason is more detailed.

Mage

current max hit for mage in ftp: 16

max with protect from magic: 8

After introducing wave spells: 30

max with protect from magic: 15

Casting speed: .5-.6

Wrong, casting speed is slower than a scimitar and a rapid-fire shortbow. I have seen this bad luck too many times while trying to fight in wildi with mage power, and have ended up running on the norm. Are you sure you're not experiencing lag? :-s

Range:

Current max hit by arrows(weakest to strongest): 12,13,14,16,18

speed of shots: 2.0

Somehow, range is hitting harder than that, in my experience. Again, as a mage, I end up running instead of being able to fight.

Melee:

Current max(no strength potion)(strongest to weakest): 28, 26, 24, 23, 22

Max hit with Strength potion(strongest to weakest): 33, 30,28,27,26

(please correct me if im wrong on the max hits)

Quickest hit using a scimitar: 1.6

Quick something to point out there... as it stands, this makes melee the strongest and fastest. And yet again, I end up running as a mage.

3. After the introduction of wave spells you will still have the same armor for both melee and rangers and when factoring in that the higher level spells hit more often you must therefore introduce higher level armor in order to even things out. So for rangers this would be "red dragonhide" and for melee it would be, um I don't want to say dragon because I do not think it is the next strongest after rune but then again I could be wrong. I am not basing this off the requirements to use them.

4. Now we factor in the use of amulets.

Defense amulets:

+10 to all defense

Wrong. Only +7 to all defense.

Magic Amulet:

+10 to magic offense only

Strength amulet:

+10 to Strength only

Power Amulet:

+6 to everything

And only +1 to prayer. Don't ever forget it.

4. Autoers are already putting a serious strain on many of the runes used in the waves spells and I would not want to give them anymore incentive to do this even more. On top of this Jagex put in an update over a year ago that they would be coming out with the "blood alter" and still have not done so. So making Bloods available to "free to play" would not only increase their price drastically but would make it not viable to pk with at all on FtP. Yes, I am factoring in all the creatures that are available in Ftp that can drop them, aka. lesser demons, greater demons, and Ankous I believe.

5. Splitbark nothing wrong with it being made available as it is equivalent to either black or mithril. Mark my words this will be brought to Ftp way before wave spells ever will be.

We'll see what happens, won't we? :-s

Mystic- making this avilable on Ftp would make Mages gods in the wilderness when combined with the highest magic prayer.

note: when protect from magic is used it only halves everything this inculdes but it not limited to: damage, accuracy, and how often a "0" comes up. Yeah so no Mystic.

I wouldn't be too sure of this. Especially with things I have pointed out above. And BTW, I get too many "0"s against melee, when they should be easy hits for me. :(

6. I am basing all of this on my current stats and on others whose stats are on 99.

Strength:71

Attack: 66

Defense:66

Range:87

Magic:69

prayer:46

why have my stats been included in this you ask? To put it plainly at my current magic level both rangers and melee have trouble with me when I mage even when they use "protect from magic".

I think at this point that you're just lucky. [bleep], I wish I had your kind of luck! <.<

Standard Maging equipment: Full shade, magic amulet, anti-dragonfire shield, boots, fire staff or air staff, Black mage hat, normal gloves, and standard cape.

Standard melee equipment: Full rune helmet, rune platebody, rune platelegs, rune long or battleaxe, rune kite-shield, normal boots(no fancy as they give a negative to something), green dragonhide vambraces, stregnth or defense amulet(depends on the situation), and standard cape.

Standard Ranger equipment: green dragonhide body, green dragonhide legs, green dragonhide vambraces, adamant arrows, defense amulet, coif, maple shortbow, normal boots, and standard cape.

Hybrids

hybrided Melee equipment: rune platelegs, green dragonhide body, anti-dragonfire shield, rune full helmet, normal boots, standard cape, power amulet, green dragonhide vambraces, and rune scimitar with rune 2-hander.

hybrided Ranger equipment: rune full helmet, green dragonhide body, ruen platelegs, maple longbow or shortbow, adamant arrows, boots, standard cape, green dragonhide vambraces, Rune 2-hander, and strength amulet.

hybrided Mage equipment: Top shade robe, rune platelegs, coif, magic amulet, anti-dragonfire shield, fire staff or air staff, normal gloves, standard cape, and rune scimitar.

I use a power ammy, no matter what mode I'm in. Saves me all the trouble of "Ammy Swapping". Also, I'm usually using 2 sets of battle armor while in wildi, so I can function properly according to my mode. Darned food strain for me, that and the mage armor causes melee troubles. -.-

Um, I think I may have gone way off base with this last point but it relates to the topic in anycase, we can't be narrow-minded on this because Jagex sure won't. If anyhting in here can be disproven please do so.

I will get around to reading the whole thread eventually.

Enjoy yourself. Thread's been hell-bent.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Im p2p, I support.

This whole FTP/P2P argument is bull****, if any p2p player for some reason had to give up members forever, or fall under a category what wont let you play, your opinion on what FTP gets would GREATLY change.

Demo? Are you [developmentally delayed]ed?

BTW son, Runescape came OUT as a FULLY FREE GAME, Jagex saw profits available, and took advantage of that. FTP deserves updates now and then to keep things alive.

I dont think some robes are too much to ask for, what, are you going to be jealous of their new +20/20 bonuses? If you are, go become FTP. If not, quit complaining. It wont effect you, it wont hurt you.

TBH, anyone who argues ftp/p2p updates just need to calm down and shut up.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I'm all for the idea but what about having armour that only P2P can get but F2P can wear. Kind of like the trimmed Robes, only with a lot better stats. It would make F2P happy and P2P happy as well. Why?

1. P2P can make some easy money by selling to F2P

2. Only people who have enough money or are a high enough level will be able to buy them from members.

3. It would boost the economy of Runescape.

So good idea or bad? I like the idea of new mage stuff (as I am F2P) but don't see it coming anyway soon. My above way gives members and F2P something. Criticism? Support?

I'm open to opinions just don't flame away with really stupid posts and ignorant [developmentally delayed]ed reasons.

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you dont pay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

And about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you weren't old enough for a real job...

I agree. There are billions of ways to make 5 dollars a month... And f2p IS a demo. A demo is meant to be a sample not the whole thing. If they gave f2p all those things then they would have the same magic as p2p up until lvl 80.... Destroying the point in p2p mages....

Sorry, I don't think more f2p spells/robes will happen anytime soon...

If they gave f2p all those things then they would have the same magic as p2p up until lvl 80.... Destroying the point in p2p mages....
The suggestion isn't about getting ALL of them, it is about getting 1 or 2 of them. Giving us all of them would probably do too much for Magic in the triangle.