F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

I agree with the original poster sorry, f2p has good range gear and good melee gear, mages have nothing, it badly imbalances things. my pure mage is 85 magic and i lose to a meleer the same combat as me or a ranger 10 lvls lower.
umm you lose because mage in f2p is almost pointless..

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank mages fare relatively well against some opponents, but the fact that tank rangers have a higher, faster max hit and can penetrate armor nearly as well at their level as mages can completely nullifies this.

I am in full support of better mage gear and spells, especially snare. Bind is already very good (or WAS, damn you Jagex) as an escape spell in the wilderness, and snare would give high mages the proper ability to farcast that they deserve at a high mage level. It ticks me off that my max hit at level 74 mage on my 57 hybrid is and always will be 16 and that it costs me a lot to farcast a target until those 16s drain my opponent of food (especially considering that the most I can hit on a prayer nub is 9).

5. p2p people are going to keep playing even if/after jagex shuts down f2p servers, so why should jagex care.

No they won't, if they've just glanced at the site before, and they saw "150,000, or 200,112" people playing currently, and then the next time they see the site it says "50,000-80,000", it's going to make them think the game isn't as good as they thought, so they won't play. also, some p2p people will stop playing just because of the fact that most of their friends were f2p, and they went to f2p servers to play the game with them

People will think it's a bad game because fewer people are playing it ?

Are you entirely stupid ?

They've played the game themselves they know exactly how good it is.

Also, how do you have any idea how much Jagex gets from ads ??

I would support the mage robe bottoms having a bonus, but boots and glvoes ? they're P2P

Polnar.png

5. p2p people are going to keep playing even if/after jagex shuts down f2p servers, so why should jagex care.

No they won't, if they've just glanced at the site before, and they saw "150,000, or 200,112" people playing currently, and then the next time they see the site it says "50,000-80,000", it's going to make them think the game isn't as good as they thought, so they won't play. also, some p2p people will stop playing just because of the fact that most of their friends were f2p, and they went to f2p servers to play the game with them

People will think it's a bad game because fewer people are playing it ?

Are you entirely stupid ?

They've played the game themselves they know exactly how good it is.

Also, how do you have any idea how much Jagex gets from ads ??

I would support the mage robe bottoms having a bonus, but boots and glvoes ? they're P2P

We're not talking about having the P2P'ers gloves, we're talking about having basic gloves, but with mage bonuses for the higher level mages.

Don't you get the point of this thread?!?!? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been supporting this for a while... the only way to make the spells do more damage is to put fletching in f2p. Since mages can rc, and rangers can't fletch, there's a definite advantage to rcing and having a higher supply of runes.

OF COURSE! never mind. there's no chaos altar we f2pers can use... or is there? We just can't keep on using and making minds to fight. Heh, it would be fair just to then up the damage on mage spells.

That way, JaGEx doesn't have to put arrow fletching or chaos altar usage down to f2p.

~WSW~

4. f2p doesn't pay, so they don't deserve anything.

Apart from being just plain rude, there is a rebuttle to this. f2p pays a lot more than you think, there's like 1000k+ in players out there, about 35-60% are p2p. Thats about 350,000-600,000, but 40-65% are f2p, that's 400,000-650,000. That's a lot of people to ignore, and f2p pays in a way too. Ads. Jagex also gets paid by ad companies when they put advertisement banners out, and i think that they get paid like 1/2 a cent for every person that clicks on an add. There's a lot of people viewing those banners, especially if even 1/8 of them click on the banner.

I agree to the above statemanet, and I support being a f2p myself. The new robe is hot! baby. :D

If you take the f2p from rs, members will be making all the simple stuffs themselves. You didnt pay to do all pointless stuffs! So let the f2p come in and do the simple jobs for you, while you go on a quest or improve your skills.

You may say:"I didnt say take them away!"

Well,if you dont make new updates for f2p...soon their interest in the game will die down, and eventually, wont play rs.

If alot of members quit after the taking off of wildy, how much more for f2p ( who dont have new updates for a long time)-who loves the wildy as well.

The team capes and the availability of the duel arena are just complementary gift, which enabled jagex to win back the hearts of F2Ps-making Rs back in busy mode.

Therefore, give f2p some updates sometime, p2p gets benifitted from them, all are satisfied.7.gif

4.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

if they are released, they need a mage req to wear, probably 40 mage, because that's the req for rune and gren dhide.

We discussed this once before and came up with 40 Magic and, for the robe top, 40 Defence.

In addition, the concensus was that low-level mage pures are over-powered, while their higher-level cousins were lacking something, so these robes are meant to have steep requirements on them for their stats, and therefore will be the clothing of the higher-level mages, as they are the ones who will have really earned it. ::'

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

This is great, I totally support it, my brother plays f2p (as a mage) and would love new f2p robes/armor for mages. I have a combat character, whose magic is 13, and would still love new robes!

Please add me to the support list!

P.S. I would love it if you could add some more pictures of robe ideas!

• 5 months later...

I think this should be added to the list of things I support, although not quite enough to be one of the select few for my sig. Still, do add me to the supporters' register.

I had to smile at the post early on about F2Ps not having too many updates... 2-3 a year is fine. Do we really get that many? I hadn't noticed. I'm not counting graphical updates or similar, btw, since they merely enrich the playing experience. They aren't an actual addition per se.

EDIT: Hmm... 666th post in the thread. I'd be worried, if only I were remotely superstitious and, furthermore, didn't know that the number of the Beast is actually 616, not 666.

Jaxomancer.png

My best skill level, and the one I have highest hopes for.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

The bank space may have been won, but the battle is not over yet...

reportsigvj6.png

Seriously, this really should be put into the game. It's that good an idea.

We have better robes now with effects, however, I will still support anything better, including better robes, gloves, boots, capes, rings, etc.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

has anyone noticed that only f2pers support? and p2pers complain? lol well anyway:

i support. i think we should get more complex and powerful armour especially for the high magers. my mage is 50 and i have to admit even combat robes dont even suit me. and correct me if im wrong, but dont f2pers help pay for the game by the adverts above the game screen? ever thought of that?

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

has anyone noticed that only f2pers support? and p2pers complain? lol well anyway:

i support. i think we should get more complex and powerful armour especially for the high magers. my mage is 50 and i have to admit even combat robes dont even suit me. and correct me if im wrong, but dont f2pers help pay for the game by the adverts above the game screen? ever thought of that?

Oh? Do you pay $5 a month for membership for better armour, and while you f2p'ers think your so col, getting free updates! Yeah, lets be cool, give us phr33 updates. Gah...

Oh? Do you pay $5 a month for membership for better armour, and while you f2p'ers think your so col, getting free updates! Yeah, lets be cool, give us phr33 updates. Gah...

do you see the ads above your game screen? no

yea you pay 5 bucks to get better stuff. new places to go, new minigames, better monsters, and new abilities. i can understand that. but you just dont seem to notice tthat f2pers have to deal with the ads on top of the screen. the countless times of that little smiley guy going "SAY SOMETHING!". and yes, thats not as much worth as 5 bucks a month, but are we able to summon? are we able to make a house? are we able to play castle wars? are we able to play bandoes? are we able to wear the (although we deserve) skill capes? are we able to fight dragons? are we able to join the different guilds? NO! and much more you guys and gals have that we dont have. so are you that ignorant to say we cant just get a little update? SOME NEW ROBES!!! thats all. thats like saying since homeless people dont pay taxes, we should take away the boxes they sleep in and throw them in the ocean.

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

Well, I'm a p2per and I support. We're not all greedy like starman up there. :D

oh im sorry

its just that how will new robes for f2p benefit p2p?

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

~Dallasc779~

Well, some of us do go to f2p to pvp. And don't always play on members.

And I also think f2p should get more updates.

good point

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

~Dallasc779~