Dark beasts

Ltje

I was just about to post a post in the topic about the future updates for 2007saying that I'd expect an unique drop for the dark beast. Until I realised: "Hey, maybe does the dark beast have an special drop, but has nobody ever noticed, because nobody kills them!"

So could it be possible that Jagex has secretly given the dark beasts a special drop, without noticing us?

I'd if I was Jagex. But hey, I'm not Jagex.

But my whole theory is more or less build upon the thinking of mine that nobody kills them. But is that even true? I know they don't have good rewards, actually quite bad for such a monster, are high leveled, and demands a whopping level 90 slayer! But maybe some people are killing them, just because they can, and I don't know it.

Discuss.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

there the monsters that drop Onyx Gems

no monsters drops onyx gems -.- .

there only obtainable in thzarr shop.

mm so my friend with 99 slayer was lying then...k -.-

we were given this privledge to get easy exp, everything has a cost.

^ Yes he was lying.

I only kill them when I get them assigned, they're usually 12-20 ammounts. Never been there just to kill them.. But yeah I definitely think they should get a unique drop.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

I once heard a rumor among other 90+ slayers such as myself that they drop D chains. I do them whenever I get them for slayer but I have yet to receive a very good drop. Best I've had was like a rune square shield.

theyre known to drop dragon items commonly
they don't but its probably more common then other monsters (but still very rare).

They'll likely get one of the new dragon items? Such as boots, kite, rull helm, full body? Or will they create a new slayer monster completely for those items?
I head another rumor that Jagex was waiting on a certain number of 95+ slayers before they released a 95 slayer monster which would most likely drop Dragon boots or something of the sort.

Keep in mind they are just rumor's but still hold my curiosity.

They'll likely get one of the new dragon items? Such as boots, kite, rull helm, full body? Or will they create a new slayer monster completely for those items?

I very much doubt they will make a Dragon Platebody, Dragon Full Helm, or Dragon Kiteshield. The owners of Dragon Chainbody's, Dragon Med Helm's, and Dragon Sq Sheild's would gte mad because the price of there equipment would drop Millions.

we were given this privledge to get easy exp, everything has a cost.

I very much doubt they will make a Dragon Platebody, Dragon Full Helm, or Dragon Kiteshield. The owners of Dragon Chainbody's, Dragon Med Helm's, and Dragon Sq Sheild's would gte mad because the price of there equipment would drop Millions.

Yes, Jagex stated a long time ago that they wouldn't release these items. That doesn't mean, however, that they lied :XD: , they've done it before. Some people believe they released the new mini game with the ability to get a D chain so that prices would slowly drop. As well as the release of 3rd age. That way prices will drop for dragon armor and they can release these. Yet again, more rumors :-# .

It really seems pointless killing them...Unless they droppseed something new. They need a new dragon drop (Warhammer, Pickaxe, Boots etc...)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Why don't you think about new dragon items logically?

If you compare rune chain to rune plate there is a significant difference in defence.

If jagex released a dragon platebody it would knock barrows off the scale and the 3rd age armour with it. If they brought out a platebody in order to do the same percantage of defence chnage that chain>plate has..they would have to change the defence on barrows/third age items. - Which i doubt will happen.

Dark beast should have their own unique drop :)

newsigw.png

Well, think about this:

Rune Plate: Sum of all defensive bonuses (including negatives): 308

Rune Chain: Sum of all defensive bonuses: 275

Ratio-Wise, the Plate is 12% better than the chain.

So, along the same lines, here's what we should expect for a dragon platebody, if one over came out.

Dragon Chain: Sum of all defensive bonuses: 351

Projected total for platebody: 393

That's nearly 100 points stronger than the rune plate, but pales in comparison to the torag plates sum of 475.

So no, based on current statistics, the dragon plate would not unbalance the stats, and would still be weaker than barrows.

Just a small comparison.

You act like the game community is like the stinking bowels of hell.... In all reality.. its much.. much... worse.

untitled6kv7.gif

I have killed many of dark beasts, I go there when I am bored.

The drops are rubbish, the best drop I got from them was a black 2h.

I got 3 of them when I went. All other drops were herbs and not even

good herbs at that. I will be killling more soon just because I like to see

what else they drop for me. So far I have to say they drop rubbish. <.<

queenvalerie.png

Yes, Jagex stated a long time ago that they wouldn't release these items. That doesn't mean, however, that they lied :XD: , they've done it before. Some people believe they released the new mini game with the ability to get a D chain so that prices would slowly drop. As well as the release of 3rd age. That way prices will drop for dragon armor and they can release these. Yet again, more rumors :-# .

aye, because in runescape lore, the person who died and scattered dragon items across the land kept his 3 best items... dragon plate, dragon full helm, dragon kite shield.

it was posted a very very long time ago by jagex, not sure if it was in news, or a quote?..... maybe somebody can pull it up.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Jagex will introduce new dragon items according to their membership numbers... once they start to slip, you'll see the (very slow) introduction of those coveted plates/kites/full helms.

It may not be for 3-4 more years (obviously depends on membership numbers)... which could also mean they'll never be released since Jagex could issue an "RS3" of some sort. Please let's not get started on that.

***Back to Dark Beasts***

Personally, I think dragon boots would be a great addition... but please remember the Recipe for Disaster quest. Perhaps given that it was the 100th quest, they might have lost their mind a bit at Jagex Towers. However, the rewards clearly put "Barrows" gloves as superior to the "Dragon" gloves (quotes in place since they were not named as such).

If you follow that logic, then jagex has decided long ago - perhaps even in beginning of 2005 that Barrows items (or equivalent) would be the highest in the game (stat-wise) and harder/superior to dragon items.

Obviously in the dynamic world of MMORPG gaming there are no constants, and anything can change depending on the gaming audience's needs/desires. (Remember the power of the almighty DOLLAR/Pound/etc.)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

:shock: I have this great idea. Get about 10-20 people to kill 500 each.

:| See what they get. ::'

A little obvious and unorigional.

I never really got why they released dark beasts in the first place. It is clear that they don't drop something else from people slaying them as tasks... I don't really see what the point of them if they don't drop something new. They do need to be updated, with an exclusive drop.

Let's think outside the box though... Yes new dragon items would be good, but it is clear jagex is expanding outward witht he release of the barbarian assault armors and the "trying to drop dragon chain's price"ish. I would see these beasts as maybe a new potion, or possibly some new robes that give a prayer bonus as well as magic (possibly range too). I don't think they'd randomly go ZOMG LET'S GIVE THEM A PLATE!

A- The chain would be reduced to dust

B- It's not that hard to kill

C- They'd probably make "Dark Bandannas" or something with the way Jagex is running right now.

So cmon guys, think outside the box.

And yes, I did put that quote there so you'd look at my post.

Why don't you think about new dragon items logically?

If you compare rune chain to rune plate there is a significant difference in defence.

If jagex released a dragon platebody it would knock barrows off the scale and the 3rd age armour with it. If they brought out a platebody in order to do the same percantage of defence chnage that chain>plate has..they would have to change the defence on barrows/third age items. - Which i doubt will happen.

Dark beast should have their own unique drop :)

Yeah maybe like a whole range of new dark axes
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

jaxeg said they will not be make drag pl8, or square sheild or full helm or any other new drag armours

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

aye, because in runescape lore, the person who died and scattered dragon items across the land kept his 3 best items... dragon plate, dragon full helm, dragon kite shield.

I thought you always lost the helm when you had a Wep, Plate, Legs, and Helm. That's why I figured barrows helmets are rather more expensive than other peices.. :-k

Someone make a blog on them :P

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Top 3 items are plate, legs, and kite.

And no I don't think there's any reason to give them anything special. They are a slayer task, and like most others are pointless other than for slayer. They also give little nooblets something to be scared of when doing mournings end 2.

I heard that they dropped "Dark Axes" around the time they were released but Jagex took them out for some reason. But for some reason I doubt this.

Perhaps this is the item mentioned in the first post?