~Nintendo Ds Vs. Sony PSP~

Guest skater789

Guest skater789

Nintendo DS and Sony PSP are both great handheld gaming devices, but which one would you prefer? Do you like the PSP's cutting edge graphics and music and video capabilities, or the DS's Dual screens and touch screen?

Which one do YOU like better, and why?

For me its hard to say, id probably go for a DS though, i personally like a lot of the DS's games like super mario brothers DS, or mario kart DS.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither to be honest. They both still (IMO) have really poor titles save for a few "must have" items. Unless you travel a ton I wouldn't consider either of them terribly good.

Sony Psp for homebrew capabilities :-) [it's a plus i actually own all these old great games so i can load legal roms and such. Plus there are SOOO many cool homebrew things. psp-hacks.com is a good place to learn more)

PsP.

Can a DS play movies,games and music?

I bought a DS to play games. I don't need a mini entertainment system in a gaming system. If you're buying a portable and you want an Ipod that can play mediocre games, go with the PSP. If you want top quality innovative and fun games, DS. It's really as simple as that.

PsP.

No it can't. And my car can't cook my breakfast, walk my dog, and deliver my paper now can it? :roll:

DS is the way I swing. I don't think there's many games for either that I'd like. However I love Mario Kart and Super Mario DS..

Also, a nice little read pertaining to this subject.

PsP.

I bought a DS to play games. I don't need a mini entertainment system in a gaming system. If you're buying a portable and you want an Ipod that can play mediocre games, go with the PSP. If you want top quality innovative and fun games, DS. It's really as simple as that.

why is it that every thing that has poor graphics and a few pointless gimmicks its innovative? seems everyone of these things are made by nintendo

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

why is it that every thing that has poor graphics and a few pointless gimmicks its innovative? seems everyone of these things are made by nintendo

I guess you haven't tried playing the DS. Well first of all, the graphics aren't bad. They're between N64 and Gamecube capability. If you're seeing games with bad graphics, blame it on the software, not the hardware.

Also, it's just your opinion that the stylus control is a gimmick. Since games completely revolve around it, and they work well with it, I think we can safely say it's lost the 'gimmick' aura people worried about before it came out(Nintendo has had plenty of poor gimmicks - but this isn't one of them). I mean just compare games between the DS and PSP. On the DS we have Brain Age, Wario Ware, Nintendogs, and plenty other completely new, fun, and innovative titles. PSP seems to be focused majorly on shooter type violence games. I admit I haven't looked into their library because it hasn't interested me enough, so I could be wrong on that. But my point is that the DS and its games are innovative and it's not gimmicky.

i've played both and prefered PSP. then again, the only game i played was: Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade. that game is awesome!!!! that could be why... using a pen for everything is too much like school for me :) just moving the analog stick on the PSP is much more fun.

~Every party has a pooper. That's why they created toilets.~

~Studies show that 64% of teenagers are bad at math. If you are one of the 48% who isn't, put this in your sig.~

Spiritmage57.gif

i've played both and prefered PSP. then again, the only game i played was: Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade. that game is awesome!!!! that could be why... using a pen for everything is too much like school for me :) just moving the analog stick on the PSP is much more fun.

I'm not sure you've played a DS. Many games offer alternative controls so that you don't have to use the stick.

PsP.

it can but you have to mod it, and you can add Hard drives to them also

so stock they cant, modded they can

ive played psp and its the worse handheld i have ever played its so uncomfortable in my hands and the ds's iv played seem really well put together and fit great in my hads but i dont have either since im a full on console kind of guy

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I prefer the DS because it has good games on it, and the dual screen and stylus makes it more fun and makes it something different than all other hand held devises, yet it doesn't completly rely on the touch screen like people fear.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

How is the DS innovative?

well...

the dual screen and stylus makes it more fun and makes it something different than all other hand held devises

There you go. The PSP has replicas of PS1 games, the DS has new games with a new interface. +1 for the DS from me.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Wait...so because it added a pointless 2nd screen and has a lot more crappy graphic games its more innovative? and I dont know a single PS1 title on the PSP

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

If you played the DS you would notice that the second screen isn't useless. :)

Anyway, I'm going for DS. I want to game on a handheld. And I want to play good games on my DS. I'll listen to music on my stereo, and movies aren't made to be watched on such a small screen. Honestly, the UMD movies seem to be like the biggest flop ever.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Personally I think buying UMD movies at ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã15 each to watch on a tiny screen is a rip off, when most of the dvds I buy are under ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10...would rather buy a portable dvd player.

I'm not crazy on either to be blunt, I think they're both very overrated. Gameboy Advance all the way for me; just games you can enjoy rather than are too busy showing off new graphics.

logo.jpg

I'd say that people saying that the PSP stinks or has no good games simply doesn't own one or haven't played that many PSP games. There are some excellent games such as Lumines, Tekken, GTA and Burnout to name a few that I've played. Though I do agree to some extend that the NDS has a wider selection of top quality titles.

But a more important aspect is the versatility that the PSP offers. I don't believe everyone has actually explored the amount of homebrew games and applications that has been created. Also, there are tons of emulators, GBA, PS1, SNES, GB/GBC, GENESIS, SCUMMVM to name a few. The only downside is that you need a quite large memory stick to be able to use the PSP at it's full capacity.

And just for the record I have both a NDS and a PSP and I think the NDS is a wonderful machine aswell.

untitledyw7.png