love or hate rares?

nightfire

i'm bringing back this real lovely topic based off of this one post i kept (yes, i kept this post :P)

Why do people who have a rare item think they are rich? They probably got it from the christmas crackers, which were dropped completely free! If Jagex knew of the impact rares would have on the Runescape economy, they would never have been released. Now people are craving for rares, when really they are completely useless. They are not a token of wealth, they are a token of weakness. Sure, the rarest rare may be worth 180 million gp now, but they were never intended to be so expensive. The value of rare items according to Jagex is 1gp (the price when sold to general store). Why have players taken such a rubbish item so seriously!? No stats, no fashion, no style, no point. People can't brag about their richness with a party hat, thats the job of gold pieces. Thats why the rares economy needs to be stopped. Either Jagex must make all rares untradable, unless people start selling them at the true value, no more than 1 million gp. If it was possible, they should be iradicated altogether!

Party hats

Santa hats

Easter eggs

Returning disks

Half wines

Pumpkins

etc....

They are worth nothing! They are useless. Eat your pumpkins and easter eggs. drop you party hats in the Dagganoth cave on Waterbirth island so they are never seen again! Let them vanish, stop trading them, low alch them! Do anything, just make the balance of rares items and normal items be restored.

POST HERE!

i'd like people's opinion on this again.

for me, i love rares, they look really nice, and with that extra cash value they have, i'm not complaining.

02e32d69f6.png

I use to be anti-rares.. untill my friend quit and decided I can have 20M worth of items. So I studied the price of Santa and Green Mask, and over about a month you start to notice a price increase... So I buy a green mask (last week) and now im going to keep it in my possetion for a year or two.. By then, hopefully rare will still be.. rare. But if people do decide to drop alch and eat every rare.. Me and along with a few other people who keep the rares, will have a few of the rare item on runescape which people will notice that there are a few left and they want one.. and I will be a rich man.

1800+ TOTAL LVL --- 1170+ F2P TOTAL --- 266+ QuestPoints, Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape

=========================

||Check out my blog||

=========================

Chezy_Boi.png

I use to be anti-rares.. untill my friend quit and decided I can have 20M worth of items. So I studied the price of Santa and Green Mask, and over about a month you start to notice a price increase... So I buy a green mask (last week) and now im going to keep it in my possetion for a year or two.. By then, hopefully rare will still be.. rare. But if people do decide to drop alch and eat every rare.. Me and along with a few other people who keep the rares, will have a few of the rare item on runescape which people will notice that there are a few left and they want one.. and I will be a rich man.

I'd rather get a santa. They're going up quicker than masks.

Rares can go die. They're lame. They ruin everything. They have no plausible purpose except to make people show off how rich they are. UNLESS you got the rare when it was DROPPED back on RSC! If that's the case, nevermind. But knowing there's very VERY few people who have original dropped rares they got that day, then I hate them. It'd make the world so much better if they made them untradable.

Bunny ears + Scythe > All Rares

And on other hand, P-Hats and masks and santas don't even look that good.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Another one of these there soi many >.<

Rares = good. They look nice, fill in the money coming in which in turn keeps prices of armour ect at the same value range. They also have great use for people who no longer can hold anymore gp.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

meh i have nevr owned a rare in my life, except on rsc when they were worth like 400k and i was like banned ftw! but meh they aren't nothing that special just a way to show how rich people are.

i agree with what someone said about making them all untradeable, would be the best thing.

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

hate: to valuble but only shop price <100gp so youll loos it when you train with it (any thing accept fishing in monk robes) or without anything.

like: they go up in price and its around 50mil a year more money total for me... :D

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Hate 'em.

The only reason people do like them is because they can make money off of them, greedy and pathetic.

Oh, and don't go assuming that I "can't afford" one and that is the only reason I hate them. I could have at least 5 Santa Hats right now, but guess what? I'm not an idiot.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

people are just mad when they dont have one, and as soon as they get it they like omg i never gannna drop it, anyone that is serious about alch'ing and dropping them 'will never' be smart enough to ever accquire one to drop

legends2.jpg

Hate 'em.

The only reason people do like them is because they can make money off of them, greedy and pathetic.

Oh, and don't go assuming that I "can't afford" one and that is the only reason I hate them. I could have at least 5 Santa Hats right now, but guess what? I'm not an idiot.

You're not an idiot, by not investing in items which will obviously make you more money. O.. K...

Why ould this be greedy and pathetic?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

The tradeability/untradeability of rares should stay how it is. For all of those who want them to be untradeable just (to me) seem jealous, trying to ruin the way other people play runescape just because you don't have one.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Hate 'em.

You're not an idiot, by not investing in items which will obviously make you more money. O.. K...

Why ould this be greedy and pathetic?

That's not greedy and pathetic. People ONLY like them because they can make money off of them, that's greedy and pathetic. I choose not to ruin the game for myself by buying rares and making money incredibly easy. I'd rather do it the hard way, thank you.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.