Still waiting on that Hunter Update

Alex2828

The highest thing we can hunt still requires only 71 hunter. How long until we get something higher?

I am not complaining , and jagex does a great job, but I do believe having a skill with 71 as it's highest requirement is unbelieavable.

Have jagex dug themselves a hole because if they bring something out; people will complain if it's not amazingly helpful, yet if they don't the "Hunters" will feel neglected.

Discuss.

Currently: Quit Ages Ago

Woodcutting, Firemaking and Prayer all have a low finishing ability. Where are their updates? They have been out longer.

But yes, Hunter does need an update.

That is a good point too. Woodcutting I believe has enough. It is a simple skill and magics at 75 are still better then 71. Firemaking sort of has the same reasons, but they do need updates too.

Prayer is one of my fave stats too, couldn't agree more.

Magic seems to have endless high level updates, or is that just me?

Woodcutting, Firemaking and Prayer all have a low finishing ability. Where are their updates? They have been out longer.

That is a good point too. Woodcutting I believe has enough. It is a simple skill and magics at 75 are still better then 71. Firemaking sort of has the same reasons, but they do need updates too.

Because magic is used ALOT more, in wildy for example, we use it for everything, alching, superheat, teleports, name it up.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

LoL yep. But as the gap gets bigger and bigger then soon we will have combat skills with hundreds of things and other skills with like 8.

Check the knowledge base, it's quite scary lol

My point was not the amount of updates, but the level required to use them. For Attack and Defense the highest level you need is 70, which is lower than the highest level Hunter ability. Woodcutting and Firemaking are only a few levels higher and Prayer is 60. They all deserve updates before Hunter.

My point was not the amount of updates, but the level required to use them. For Attack and Defense the highest level you need is 70, which is lower than the highest level Hunter ability. Woodcutting and Firemaking are only a few levels higher and Prayer is 60. They all deserve updates before Hunter.

It's because Jagex are slightly stuck with balance purpose. I'm a level 99 ranger, and at cwar I range pot to 112 and range pray from time to time. I use a crystal bow, and trust me, when I got defend on my tower, when I focus fire on someone below level 60, they rarely make it in one piece. I'm sure it's rather frustrating to have your neat character being torn to pieces by one of those "scary high levels", now imagine if I had a level 90 bow...

ranger4life995ut.gif

Attack and Defense improve your combat and melee skills as they increase. Still a point. Woodcutting and Firemaking are above, and highest prayer thing is actually 70 (Armour you make in Con).

They all require updates anyway. But I can't see them bringing out a higher log then magic, (same reason for firemaking). And unfortunately attack and defense seem to be staying at 70 for a while.

Prayer then Hunter sounds good to me ;)

Prayer then Hunter sounds good to me ;)
I still stick to the "prayer level 64 for protect from magic, 67 for protect from range, and 70 for protect from melee" idea. Throw in some fluff prayers in the middle and call it a day. I just think it's odd that something gotten at level 43 of a skill would be enough to beat something hundreds of levels above your combat level. (Jad.)

Oh, and hunter needs an update. Bad. Spottier cape has both a stupid name (:P) and the equivalents of addy boots IMO. (Addy boots = semi good drop from a slayer monster, a decent part of the slayer skill but hardly the best) Maybe the ability to set bear traps on the field that you could lure monsters into to deal extra damage? (I personally think they should also have a con req to give con an ability out of your house.)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

if you want to get real technical its 80 because thats when you can set up 5 traps :P

but yeah i agree

[omg] who cares if its nerfed or fixed....

you people will argue over the color of a green apple if it was a topic on this fourm god.

Woodcutting, Firemaking, Prayer, Attack and Defense all have a low finishing ability. Where are their updates? They have been out longer.

Well at least attack and defence levels actually help past 70. Someone 99 attack can hit a lot more often than someone with 70, and someone with 99 defense is much better protected than someone with 70. The higher your prayer the more you get out of prayer pots, and the longer your prayer lasts, and with woodcutting you can cut logs faster. Firemaking... TBH that skill is so useless I don't know how you could impliment anything good for it.

My point is, hunter is a skill in which levels don't affect your ability to catch things any better (that I have seen), so having the highest level hunter animal at 71 makes it a pretty shallow skill.

It's because Jagex are slightly stuck with balance purpose. I'm a level 99 ranger, and at cwar I range pot to 112 and range pray from time to time. I use a crystal bow, and trust me, when I got defend on my tower, when I focus fire on someone below level 60, they rarely make it in one piece. I'm sure it's rather frustrating to have your neat character being torn to pieces by one of those "scary high levels", now imagine if I had a level 90 bow...

ye but compare how good that is combared to some usein ice barage... or someone with 99 mele stats.... they all kill quicker than you, i think ranger could use the update personally

Woodcutting, Firemaking, Prayer, Attack and Defense all have a low finishing ability. Where are their updates? They have been out longer.

Well at least attack and defence levels actually help past 70. Someone 99 attack can hit a lot more often than someone with 70, and someone with 99 defense is much better protected than someone with 70. The higher your prayer the more you get out of prayer pots, and the longer your prayer lasts, and with woodcutting you can cut logs faster. Firemaking... TBH that skill is so useless I don't know how you could impliment anything good for it.

My point is, hunter is a skill in which levels don't affect your ability to catch things any better (that I have seen), so having the highest level hunter animal at 71 makes it a pretty shallow skill.

You are missing MY point. I am not unaware of the benefits of higher levels in those skills, but that is not what I was saying. My point was the the Topic Creator was annoyed that the highest thing you can do in Hunter is 71, yet all the skills I listed are around the same. Don't they deserve higher level abilities before a new skill?

those skills are different, and uncomparable. Hunter requires tasks to do and more advanced actions, while wcing and fming require clickin something and getting exp. Combat skills are the same pretty much. Anyway, we do need a hunter update, more of an incentive to go out and hunt

Yep, I think you're giving woodcut too much credit :P The combat stats are used a lot, thus they receive a lot of updates. I'm sure that if 60% of RS' population was woodcutters, they'd update WC more :P

At which time the game would be called "Woodscape"

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Because magic is used ALOT more, in wildy for example, we use it for everything, alching, superheat, teleports, name it up.

What about prayer?

personally i don't care about prayer and i don't think it needs any updates anytime soon..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

All I want is a WC guild and I'll be happy as a clam :shock: lol

But I don't think any new Hunter stuff will come out any time soon.

Firemaking: I agree.

Prayer: Disagree. Pray points are extremely valuable, and that's what most level ups are for. That and combat levels.

Woodcut: I'm not sure since I don't woodcut myself. I would agree because from what I've heard, 99 woodcut isn't that much faster than 75 woodcut.

When I heard of the Ferrets 'n' Rabbits, I thought that they'd be high level, maybe not 71+, but something in the 50's or 60's.

Well, I guess Jagex is still workin' on it.. You never know.

Ice Chinchompas Anybody?

Giaimo.png

Giaimo.png

"Dr. Lutzka, Dr. Lutzka, He's a fake!"

Lets see... construction didnt get an update for at least 4 months after release

farming never got an update...

Construction didn't need much updating, as there were new things to build for almost every single level up to 99. Hunting just suddenly stops at 71.