what operating system do you use!! :thumbsup:

spacheco

I use windows xp, and i just installed ubuntu yesterday. I have to say, linux is pretty sweet. I only run windows because you can game on it, unlike macs, and linux requires that vmware thing (ill figure that out eventually). I hate macs, they have like no games lol.. :wall: Plus, i hate how like the whole mac is the monitor.. I mean seriously if i want to punch my computer i dont wanna have to worry about cracking the screen.. :shock:

From what ive heard too.. vista is like a ripoff of linux.. ive never used it but thats what ive heard.. :shock:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what ive heard too.. vista is like a ripoff of linux.. ive never used it but thats what ive heard.. :shock:

Whoever you heard that from is an idiot.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Plus, i hate how like the whole mac is the monitor.. I mean seriously if i want to punch my computer i dont wanna have to worry about cracking the screen.. :shock:

Not all macs are all in ones, the powermacs/mac pros and mac minis have no screen, and there are some games but not as any as windows.

tip.it_sig-20070704-170119.jpg

I'm dual booting Xubuntu/Windows XP. I have to say, I'm liking Linux. It's fast, it's simple and it's easy. I can quickly upgrade my Linux Software without me having to do too much, it's all automated. It's very fast, things load and no where near as much lag. And it's simple, none of the Windows bloatware. Openoffice.org is quite good. I only use Windows now for Publisher and non internet gaming.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

I have seven computers!!!

PC 1: The Dinosaur--- Windows Snowball (Windows 4 Workgroups; 3.1.1)

PC 2: The Server--- Windows 2000 Server

PC 3: The Little Blue Jet--- Windows Vista Ultimate x64

PC 4: The Officeur--- Windows 98

PC 5: The Gamer--- Windows XP Professional

PC 6: The Big Beige Semi-Jet--- Windows Vista Home Premium

PC 7: Localhost--- Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Currently using #s 3, 1, and 7

Linux rofl,

i got Windows Vista best safest, really easy to program, but i gota admit linux is great i use to use it all the time, i know so much on that, but Vista is the new way to go baby! lol

Snakebite420.png

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 95

Windows 98

Windows 2000 ME

Windows 2000 Proffessional

Why complain about windows. My dads a robotics engineer and it works just dandy for him

Oh and Vista dosent meet Pamella Anderson by a long shot when it come to being infected with stuff.

i got windows xp all my other games are formatted 4 it

my bro said,"get a life" so i asked "where do i download that...

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

today my solaris linux arrived from sun java and I must sya im extremly impressed with it, its very fast and looks quite secure by looking at the source Id reccomend to anyone who likes linux

today my solaris linux arrived form java and I must sya im extremly impressed with it, its very fast and looks quite secure by looking at the source Id reccomend to anyone who likes linux

Do you know a single thing about operating systems?

a) It's not linux, it's Solaris

B) It's Sun, not java

c) How do you know it's quite secure by looking at the source code if you don't even know the difference between solaris and linooks?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

c) How do you know it's quite secure by looking at the source code if you don't even know the difference between solaris and linooks?

Simple. He doesn't. :lol:

today my solaris linux arrived form java and I must sya im extremly impressed with it, its very fast and looks quite secure by looking at the source Id reccomend to anyone who likes linux

Do you know a single thing about operating systems?

a) It's not linux, it's Solaris

B) It's Sun, not java

ha a nice little giggle there:)

Anyways..as for Vista, Microsoft has always been quick and good about fixing up bugs. Heck, when the 360 came out, it was buggier than a hot summer day at an old pond. Now, it's a lot smoother. I am sure the same will happen with Vista.

main reason is because of all the employees they have with over 50,000 ppl working for them if would be kinda sad on there part if they couldnt only update once a year

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

How do know the source is secure?

By reading the documentation you [bleep]

Also judging by the sun email I got i was led to believe that it was a linux operating system, obviously I was wrong. How ever i feel there was no need to be such an arrogant tosser over me making a mistake

I can write documentation that says Windows98 is a fortress and no hacker on the planet can compromise it too. Doesn't make it true.

I can write documentation that says Windows98 is a fortress and no hacker on the planet can compromise it too. Doesn't make it true.

True but Im going on what sun says, I guess i should of done some more reasearch about the operating system before posting, ah well we are all newbies to something at one point, that aside Im really enjoying this os

Also judging by the sun email I got i was led to believe that it was a linux operating system, obviously I was wrong. How ever i feel there was no need to be such an arrogant tosser over me making a mistake

Don't be aggressive, I know they were [puncture]s but you shouldn't stoop to their level.

Solaris as I believe is based on the Unix OS. Linux is also based on the same OS. So technically you're not all that wrong. Check out Wikipedia for more information on Unix operating systems. :)

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I have recently upgraded to Vista. My former one was Solaris 10 / Windows XP :)

If you had XP and Solaris and went to vista, thats not an upgrade...

New and shiny? Sounds like an upgrade to me.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I have recently upgraded to Vista. My former one was Solaris 10 / Windows XP :)

If you had XP and Solaris and went to vista, thats not an upgrade...

New and shiny? Sounds like an upgrade to me.

Getting something worse than what you previously had? Sounds like a downgrade to me.

Vista has way too many bugs, driver and compatibility problems. By buying Vista, you are paying Microsoft to find bugs for them. Thats why they release software before it is fully tested, people buy it and save them money by finding bugs, then they release a version without bugs, and a service pack.