• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have windows xp and it sucks cuz it has

1.no sound

2.it restarts to much

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I have windows xp and it sucks cuz it has

1.no sound

2.it restarts to much

Those aren't problems with XP. They are problems with:

1. Your setup - you have caused sound to not work, this is not an inherent feature of XP. Perhaps you haven't got the drivers, there could be any number of problems but just because the sound doesn't work ON YOUR MACHINE doesn't mean XP 'sucks'.

2. Your hardware. Random restarts are almost always hardware problems, not software.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Windows XP Pro on main computer

Windows XP MCE on new computer

and Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs on some old Pentium Pro (OMG) PC

Why Windows?

It works

I like bees

• 3 weeks later...
linux has but loads of software you just need to knwo how to run it im 13 i learned like in 1 month ::' and linux cant get viruses its impossible same wit mac

This has to be the dumbest computer related mark I've ever heard... Thanks for the laugh >_>

Also, this computer has XP and Ubuntu on it. Vista is a waste of system resources.

Windows Xp/Ubuntu

i cant get my vmware set up so i can use my windows from Ubuntu yet, so im stuck on windows atm:(

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I have Linux and Windows but I can't stand Macs. If everything on Mac just "works", how come there is a WHOLE website dedicated to the Mac troubleshooting? Anyways, Linux is great because it never freezes since programs don't have the access to the core unlike in Windows. Windows is great because there is a lot of software for it. Linux and Unix are the most common operating systems on which servers are running.

Also for morons who think Macs can't be infected with viruses and trojans, oh yes they can. There is a fewer amount of viruses for Macs, Linux and Unix since 99 out of 100 people use Microsoft Windows, that's why you don't come across a Mac virus so often.

linux has but loads of software you just need to knwo how to run it im 13 i learned like in 1 month ::' and linux cant get viruses its impossible same wit mac

Thanks for the laugh and nice spelling.

i use windows, because thats what ive been using all my life. it makes so much more sense to me than with a mac. the OS for macs just don't seem organized at all for me, but thats just because i rarely use them. and with windows, even if you do get a virus, its not like its the end of your computer. system restore, or safe mode work wonders.

runemsanta,nomar4.gif

If everything on Mac just "works", how come there is a WHOLE website dedicated to the Mac troubleshooting?

Because you just can't work out how to get it to work.

I spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to delete a file on a Mac, since there's no delete key. It took me that long to realise I had to drag it to the bin on the dock.

There is a fewer amount of viruses for Macs, Linux and Unix since 99 out of 100 people use Microsoft Windows, that's why you don't come across a Mac virus so often.

I don't agree with that. I think it's because the windows community has a higher percentage of stupid users.

My opinion of OSX is that it makes a great deal of sense to someone who has never used a computer before. However, if you are already versed in the arts of windows or linux you will have a bit of trouble adapting.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

If everything on Mac just "works", how come there is a WHOLE website dedicated to the Mac troubleshooting?

Because you just can't work out how to get it to work.

I spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to delete a file on a Mac, since there's no delete key. It took me that long to realise I had to drag it to the bin on the dock.

There is a fewer amount of viruses for Macs, Linux and Unix since 99 out of 100 people use Microsoft Windows, that's why you don't come across a Mac virus so often.

I don't agree with that. I think it's because the windows community has a higher percentage of stupid users.

My opinion of OSX is that it makes a great deal of sense to someone who has never used a computer before. However, if you are already versed in the arts of windows or linux you will have a bit of trouble adapting.

Let's look at some of the topics at macfixit...

"Login window stuck!" "lower caSe "S" key not working!!" "Mouse cursor froze!" "Files disappear!" "Installer program freezing!" "Random freezes/crashes" "No Finder, Wallpaper only, can't access HD" "I can't drag and drop!"

Yup, everything works great on macs.

About a "higher percentage of stupid users".

First of all, so far everything is dominated by windows. Windows in the libraries, schools, majority of homes. It is wiser for hackers to write viruses and trojans for windows since MOST people use it. Wouldn't make much sense writing a virus for VxWorks for example. How come? Because no one uses it. No one needs your macs, hacker will have a WAY higher chance of finding a Windows user than the one who uses a different OS and that means = bigger chance to steal private data. There is no problem writing a Mac virus, and trust me, if by some whack reasons majority will start using Linux or Mac, this is what is going to happen.

Why else you "never" get viruses on Macs? Because they are not compatible, just like everything else which does not have an apple stamp all over it.

At least there are millions of programs for windows, Linux is also compatible with many Windows programs, but Macs? Pfft. I haven't got an idea why you praise it so much.

Praise it so much? I don't have one, I have never had one, I don't want one, I have never wanted one.

If my post counts as me praising it 'so much' I'd be interested to know what you call it when I actually am praising something.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Plan 9 From Outer Space? wth... thats a film?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just running media centre edition (XP :)). I'd love to try out a linux operating system, but would have to find out how to run most pc games. Also things like MSN would be a probelm I think on linux.

I dotn like microsoft pcs, but they are easy to use and understand. Vista I won't get until SP1

noob,maximu160490.gif

maximu160490.gif

Praise it so much? I don't have one, I have never had one, I don't want one, I have never wanted one.

If my post counts as me praising it 'so much' I'd be interested to know what you call it when I actually am praising something.

First off, you made the defensive speech every Mac user have up their sleeve about "not getting how to get it to work" Second, how you said "windows community has a higher percentage of stupid users" which in another words means "Most who use windows are complete morons" Third, you said something about not being able to figure out how to delete items on Macs. That is why I thought you are a Mac fan.

Anything else you can toss in my direction?

P.S I don't "hate" Macs. I simply dislike how you (Mac users) think every other OS except for the Macintosh one is worthless, how it always crashes and freezes. If it's so good, how come 9/10 people use Linux as a server, not your crash resistant, hack proof, never freezing Mac?

What I said about things working is subject to interpretation. I intended it as a negative point meaning 'if something DOES work, it will take you an eternity to figure out how to make it work'.

Second, how you said "windows community has a higher percentage of stupid users" which in another words means "Most who use windows are complete morons"

That does not compute. If, for example, we managed to quantify stupidity and said the Mac userbase was 1% stupid, the Windows userbase could be 2% stupid and still have a higher proportion of stupid users. That does not mean the majority are stupid.

Third, you said something about not being able to figure out how to delete items on Macs. That is why I thought you are a Mac fan.

How on earth is that praising Macs? That is a negative point.

P.S I don't "hate" Macs. I simply dislike how you (Mac users) think every other OS except for the Macintosh one is worthless, how it always crashes and freezes. If it's so good, how come 9/10 people use Linux as a server, not your crash resistant, hack proof, never freezing Mac?

If you are referring to me, like I said - I am not a Mac user. The only times when I have used one have been when I've been trying to fix my mother's one.

People use linux for servers because it is better suited to them. People use Windows Mobile for palmtops because it is better suited to them. People use VME on mainframes because it is better suited to them. There is no universally best OS, and Mac OS was designed as an end user OS - so your argument fails there.

I am not a Mac user, nor am I a Mac fan. However when people start throwing flawed arguments at the OS I will point out why said arguments are wrong.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Third, you said something about not being able to figure out how to delete items on Macs. That is why I thought you are a Mac fan.

How on earth is that praising Macs? That is a negative point.

Since you said that, I started thinking you OWN one, and by that saying everything "works" on Mac, but takes time to figure out since it is different from Windows XP for example.

For the third one, *smacks head on a keyboard*

Putting MAC users in a bracket was for a REASON. It was to point out I was addressing to the Macintosh users.

As for the favorite "Macs are hack-free", I'll give you all an example.

You divide people into 2 groups, 1 group has 10,000 people in it, another has 100 people in it. Now, which has a higher chance of a person getting sick? 10,000. Why? Because there are more people in it and that means there is a higher chance of catching a sickness.

I would think one of the reasons of Mac's having just about no viruses would be that the average person who chooses to code a virus would be familiar with PC's since just about all programmers do not use a Mac. There is also an abundance of virus creating tools for PC but just about none for Mac's.

Just in case there was any confusion: I fully acknowledge that Macs get viruses.

Putting MAC users in a bracket was for a REASON. It was to point out I was addressing to the Macintosh users.

*Smacks head on a keyboard*

It was in a reply to me and you may well have still been under the misconception that I was a Mac user. Anyway, that's why I prefixed my reply with "if you are referring to me".

There is also an abundance of virus creating tools for PC but just about none for Mac's.

I'd say almost all virus writers write their own, not use Virus Toolkit Enterprise Edition. Your comments about what OS programmers use is also unfounded, programmers in general are people well-versed in computing and as such are more likely to have used several different OSes. Linux included.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

I hate all of the Microsoft and vista haters..

I use Windows 98 in my room, and our main one is a Windows XP home edition. I really wanna try out Linux and Mac though..

Ah well.

Anyways..as for Vista, Microsoft has always been quick and good about fixing up bugs. Heck, when the 360 came out, it was buggier than a hot summer day at an old pond. Now, it's a lot smoother. I am sure the same will happen with Vista.

But..you know what's weird? Microsoft is ALREADY working on a new OS..codenamed Vienna or something.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg